Attraction Tickets (dot com)... any USA experience for USA parks?

SteveAZee

I'm thinking about buying their 14 day pass for WDW, but I'm wary of buying from 'across the pond'. Anyone here have experience (good, bad, whatever) buying tickets and using them while DWA (Disneying While American?)

nickys

Premium Member
Paging @FjordExploder91 @nickys @marni1971 @Swissmiss have you ever heard of them?
They are a legit company. I just don’t know what kind of terms they have wrt selling to US residents. They might require a U.K. address &/or U.K. credit card.

Also companies vary as to whether they send e-tickets or physical tickets. Also when they send them, I’ve seen reports of people only receiving them 30 days, or less, ahead of the ticket start date, which means you can’t book parks until then.

Upvote 0

SteveAZee

Original Poster
Thanks @nickys. I did correspond with them and they will take my CC and will send info for the e-tickets once the funds are moved. I made it clear I was a US citizen and they said that that's not a problem. I'll report back once I buy the tickets for those who might be interested.

Most (if any) complaints I read about them as a company seemed trivial and mostly due to not reading their website carefully.

I'm glad to know they're legit. :)

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Thanks @nickys. I did correspond with them and they will take my CC and will send info for the e-tickets once the funds are moved. I made it clear I was a US citizen and they said that that's not a problem. I'll report back once I buy the tickets for those who might be interested.

Most (if any) complaints I read about them as a company seemed trivial and mostly due to not reading their website carefully.

I'm glad to know they're legit. :)
Definitely interested in hearing about your experience. We’ve done several trips longer than the cap of 10 days, but in the past we’ve been able to buy APs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm thinking about buying their 14 day pass for WDW, but I'm wary of buying from 'across the pond'. Anyone here have experience (good, bad, whatever) buying tickets and using them while DWA (Disneying While American?)
Yes, quite legit. One of the better ones over here. We’ve used them quite a bit over the years. Customer service has been good too, especially around the 2020/1 mark. That’s from a UK resident of course though.

Upvote 0

SteveAZee

Original Poster
Update: My credit card company declined to pay (for now) as a precaution... so I had to let them know it was indeed me wanting to make the purchase. I sent email to AttractionTickets.com sales folk to see if they'll try re-charging the card based on my original order or if I'll have to start from scratch. I'm still not sure who'll be paying the 3% charge for the currency exchange.

Thanks @marni1971 for the intel.

Upvote 0

SteveAZee

Original Poster
Final Update: I finally convinced Chase (credit card company) to stop blocking my attempts to buy the tickets, and after a few email exchanges with Mandy at AttractionTickets the purchase went through. No charge for the currency change either, which is nice. I received PDFs of the proper numbers, set up my party with the park tickets, and was even able to reserve parks. It seems like a really great deal, minus the hassle created by my CC, which (I guess) was just being cautious with a large, out-of-country purchase. Just plan for a few days extra to make this happen in case you run into the same trouble I did.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Final Update: I finally convinced Chase (credit card company) to stop blocking my attempts to buy the tickets, and after a few email exchanges with Mandy at AttractionTickets the purchase went through. No charge for the currency change either, which is nice. I received PDFs of the proper numbers, set up my party with the park tickets, and was even able to reserve parks. It seems like a really great deal, minus the hassle created by my CC, which (I guess) was just being cautious with a large, out-of-country purchase. Just plan for a few days extra to make this happen in case you run into the same trouble I did.
That’s great! Come back and update us if you have any issues using the tickets.

Upvote 0

Supertech65

I have also purchased the 14 day ticket (for the price of 7) a couple of months ago without any issues (I'm from RI). Heading to wdw in November for 11 nights and that particular ticket (even though I won't use all the days on it) was a much better savings than the wdw 10 day parkhopper + since it come with free memory maker too. I was a bit nervous but I messaged them (Attraction Tickets in the UK) and was told these tickets are available to anyone regardless where you live. I just broke down the £ to US $ and save a total of $600 ($170 was the memory maker) I have been getting some nasty posts from UK guests complaining that I was not allowed to buy these, that they are only for UK guests and that Disney most likely won't let me in with this ticket. All of this is false. They are a ligit, third party reseller and they can sell there tickets to anyone since the e-tickets are sent by email. I didn't have any problems using my Disney visa as payment and they will confirm your mailing and billing address (US is in the drop down for payment) Not sure if I'll ever do another long trip like this again so I may never buy ticket from there since I usually Rent dvc points and will buy my tickets through Disney direct or undercover tourist, but it was a great option to use for this particular trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom