Attraction 'Salutes' to predecessor

CThaddeus

I do believe that the robots on The TTA before passing Mickey's Star Traders one is holding a newspaper that mentions X-S Tech...is there anything within the Paperboy robot before going on the ramp to the right to get up to the TTA?

The Paperboy robot's newspaper does indeed refer to another attraction. Many of you won't like it (I do, though), but it shows a picture of Stitch with an article about how he has escaped.
Another tribute I forgot to mention: in Disneyland when they built Indiana Jones, they had to build most of it in the then-Eeyore area of the parking lot. As a nod to that area, one of the old Eeyore signs is way up behind the projector that shows Sallah's safety slide show/video.

JEDIsney

This is such a great thread! I love this idea and talking about it.

I believe one of the cars from WoM is used in the queue, but its stripped down to a bare chassis.
I wish they had something better in Test Track that gave homeage to World of Motion.

At the end of Ellen's Energy Adventure, they say the slogan, "Energy: You Make the World Go 'Round" which was the ending theme song to the original Universe of Energy show.
This is one of my favorites, especially because everybody else listening doesn't realize what it means in this case.[/quote]

Innoventions West behind the character connection has the communicore logo on the carpeting. This is more a left-over than a placement, but it works.
I didn't know this! I'll definitely have to look next time. Thanks!

--Several former Tomorrowland songs are in the current Tomorrowland background music loop, including "If You Had Wings" and "Miracles from Molecules" (from Disneyland's Journey Through InnerSpace).
They also play "Now Is The Time", the theme song from Carousel of Progress after they brought it to the Magic Kingdom.

--Tom Morrow is paged on the TTA. Tom Morrow, while being a play on the word "tommorrow," was also a character in Mission to Mars.
I was afraid somebody would forget this one. It's my favorite!

--The Mighty Microscope from Disneyland's Journey Through InnerSpace is visible in the lower-right corner of the mantenance hangar in the first scene of Star Tours. Star Tours replaced JTIS in Disneyland.
Wow! I never knew that. I'll have to look very closely next time. Thanks so much!

Mr. Johnson was a charactor in Earth to the Moon attraction, he now gives the traffic report on the TTA
I was afraid somebody would forget this one too.

I absolutely love when Imagineers put little things like this in new attractions.
I feel the same way, I love it.

while on the backlot tour in disney mgm studios you can see a lot of the props from world of motion. such as the man in the hot air ballon and di vinci's hand glider. i know there are also pigs and other elemnts from the ride being "stored" there,i jsut cant think of them now. they are located in the prop building inbetween the pearl harbor reinactment and the tram itself.
:eek: I never knew this either. I love World of Motion so much, I'll have to look very closely next time. Thanks for sharing that.

on goofy's barnstormer there are chickens in the barn itself as you go through it, from ym understanding they were from world of motion as well. they came form the scene where the horse had gotten spooked and was causing a rukus.
Another one of my favorites!

This is such a great thread! Let's keep them coming.

Orlando Jonez

For all us Disney fans who live on the West coast, where is there a reference to 'Circlevision 360' or 'America the Beautiful' inside of Buzz Lightyear at Disneyland???

Where is there a reference to America Sings inside of Innoventions (which was also the original 'Carousel of Progress'???). Yes, i'm aware that the singing roosters and chickens are a part of Splash Mountain now, but is there any reference inside of Innoventions????

Vernonpush

Buzz Lightyear has the old section from Dreamflight that looked like you were going into the jet engine. With the smoke, rotating gobo and red gel.

oliveirach

More Attraction Salutes

I can confirm that the bird that did crash land in the old Mission to Mars attraction, does play on the ISTC Mission Control Computers. I am a Cast Member there. Also the planter in front of the Mission: Space is the shape of the old Horizons Building. At SSE as you are going down and are at Virtual Classroom if you look behind you, you will see the old Space Capsule just painted black.

Alot of props and Animatronics from World of Motion are in that prop room at the Backlot Tour. My favorite is the used chariot signs. Also in that room are a lot of props from Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, The Flintsones Movie, also there are a few Muppet Props, and props from the old Disney-MGM Movie the Lottery. If you are at the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island and look up to the left of the Kernel (Spelling) you will see Flounder from the Little Mermaid tangled up in fishing wire.

CThaddeus

For all us Disney fans who live on the West coast, where is there a reference to 'Circlevision 360' or 'America the Beautiful' inside of Buzz Lightyear at Disneyland???

Where is there a reference to America Sings inside of Innoventions (which was also the original 'Carousel of Progress'???). Yes, i'm aware that the singing roosters and chickens are a part of Splash Mountain now, but is there any reference inside of Innoventions????

Actually, a majority of the audio-animatronics from America Sings are in Splash Mountain - everything on the boat in the finale, all of the alligators throughout the ride, the "How Do You Do" birds, the two scenes of the mothers singing to their children, the vultures, the 'possums, the characters in the cave-like room with the black lighting, etc.
As for references to it in Innoventions, I haven't noticed any yet. The only obvious one is that the building still rotates on the outside and is stationary in the middle. Then, there's the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" song, which references Carousel of Progress...but I think I mentioned that in a previous post. There seem to be more references to EPCOT than Disneyland in the Innoventions here.
Also, I haven't really noticed any references to Circlevision in Buzz, either. When the building was the queue for Rocket Rods, it had quite a few references in it, though - ride vehicles from Disneyland attractions (a Peoplemover car, old Rocket Jets, a piece of a Monorail, etc.), blueprints from a lot of of those same attractions and others, and the actual theater was turned into part of the queue and still showed new 360 films showing Walt Disney and transportation possibilities of the future. Though I thought Rocket Rods was a poor ride and was glad to see it go, I always loved how the queue had so much to look at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom