Attraction 'Salutes' to predecessor

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Where in the graveyard? Outside or in the attraction? Specifically where and when did he arrive there?
He is in he pet cemetery which you pass as you exit the attraction. He is in the upper left of the grave yard. I don't know how long he has been there

mrtoad

Thanks, I will look when I go in January. I have not been on it in almost 2 years as my daughter is now freaked and won't go on.

He is in he pet cemetery which you pass as you exit the attraction. He is in the upper left of the grave yard. I don't know how long he has been there

figment1985

Kitchen Kaberetquote]

OMIGOD.. kitchen kaberet is gone? I LOVED that (for some odd reason)... I was there in March, but I forgot all about it. Can someone give me details and also tell me when the place with all the bicycles and health stuff indoors at Epcot went away (if it all did?) I was way tooo focused on figment, test track, and soarin last time!

haveyoumetmark

OMIGOD.. kitchen kaberet is gone? I LOVED that (for some odd reason)... I was there in March, but I forgot all about it. Can someone give me details and also tell me when the place with all the bicycles and health stuff indoors at Epcot went away (if it all did?) I was way tooo focused on figment, test track, and soarin last time!

Wonders of Life just suddenly closed. It's listed as open seasonally, but it never is. The building is there and everything inside is ready to operate. People are speculating that everything is in perfect condition and that Disney can re-open it now if they wanted to. However, they are just letting it sit there and take up space. :brick:

CThaddeus

Kitchen Kaberetquote]

Kitchen Kabaret has been gone for many moons. Food Rocks! replaced it in the 90s, and it too was replaced by Soarin' (though it should have been its own pavilion) in the last two years. There was another holdover from Kitchen Kabaret in Food Rocks! - the milk carton who was supposed to represent Sting that sings "Every Bite You Take."
Then there's Muppetvision's tribute to It's a Small World (they sing it briefly in the finale) and Captain EO (the purple 3-D glasses in Bunsen Honeydew's lab).
Disneyland seems to have many more...probably because it has been around longer. For example, Disneyland's Innoventions has a few references to other Disney Park sights and sounds. The building itself has drawings on it showing characters like the multi-armed chef robot from Horizons. The video of Tom Morrow (another reference to the previously mentioned Mission to Mars) has him singing an updated version of "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow," he mentions robot butlers as a video of the robot butler from Horizons appears on one of the screens, he points out the all-plastic house (the House of the Future from the entrance of Tomorrowland in the 60s and 70s), and they show a scene of a guy on a jet pack, which appeared in a Disneyland TV special back in the 50s. Also, at the Asimo Show inside, there is a picture of Alec Tronic, from the EPCOT Innoventions of the 80s and 90s. There are others, such as references to Universe of Energy on the building to the background music inside from Innoventions at EPCOT, but it might take some time to cover them all (not that I've probably caught all of them).
It was mentioned earlier, but just past the halfway point of the Pooh ride at the beginning of the honey room, if you turn around and look at the wall above and behind you, you can see Max, Buff, and Melvin from the Country Bear Jamboree.
At California Adventure, the giant serpent in World of Motion now sits by the outdoor stage in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. This isn't so much a tribute, just a lame way to re-use audio-animatronics.
Monsters, Inc. uses one of the audio-animatronics originally in the former occupant of the building - Superstar Limo. A character that was originally a map-fanning Drew Carey is now a wanted poster-fanning Hazmat guy. There's also a Tower of Terror hand towel in the back of one of the scenes as well.
There's more, but I have to go to bed.

Wait...one more. The Circle of Life film in the Land at EPCOT uses footage from the original film played there - "Symbiosis."

CoffeeJedi

Did they move the robotic barber from horizons to the TTA or am i remembering things fuzzily?
It seems like they could have moved all of the "future that never was" scenes to the TTA to both preserve Horizons, and give you something to look at in those empty tunnels.

makonyy15

I love reading this thread. I just recently finished the 101 Things You Never Knew About WDW, and the Imagineering Field Guide to the MK, and both of them i believe had little info about this stuff. I knew most of the stuff in the 101 Things, but I didn't realize some of the tributes. I definitely recommend those books though.

I thought I read something about the dog in the Space Mountain 'post' show being loosely related to the old RCA mascot, I forgot his name though. (RCA was the old sponsor, I'm sure most knew but for those who don't that's why it's relavent).

dxwwf3

I absolutely love when Imagineers put little things like this in new attractions. For example, my favorite thing in Pooh is the Toad/Owl painting in Owl's room. Every time I ride it I say I'm going to look at what else is going on in that scene, but it seems I can't help but look at Toad each ride :lol:

darthjohnny

In Journey into Imagination, the show Figment is watching in the end on the upsidedown television set is a video from the original Journey into Imagination. Also, it was used in the Journey into Your Imagination when Figment was taken out as a main focus. I believe many of the signs leading you to Figment's open house (i.e. the This Way/That Way sign) was used in the original attraction, but I'm not sure.

PoTCGuy

Did they move the robotic barber from horizons to the TTA or am i remembering things fuzzily?
Its seems like they could have moved all of the "future that never was" scenes to the TTA to both preserve Horizons, and give you something to look at in those empty tunnels.

There is a woman (alien?) with an automatic hair stying thing on her head on the TTA. I think it was in the Buzz Lightyear part. I don't think it's the same as the robotic barber from Horizons though.

CoffeeJedi

There is a woman (alien?) with an automatic hair stying thing on her head on the TTA. I think it was in the Buzz Lightyear part. I don't think it's the same as the robotic barber from Horizons though.
oooooooh, that's right! she's just a static figure
there's also a robot waiting to catch a train or spaceship as well, i think i combined those images, darn

Well, they SHOULD move those Horizons show scenes to SOMEWHERE in Tommorowland, there's probably not enough room along the TTA track for the AA mechanisms though. :(

listentotheland

while on the backlot tour in disney mgm studios you can see a lot of the props from world of motion. such as the man in the hot air ballon and di vinci's hand glider. i know there are also pigs and other elemnts from the ride being "stored" there,i jsut cant think of them now. they are located in the prop building inbetween the pearl harbor reinactment and the tram itself.

on goofy's barnstormer there are chickens in the barn itself as you go through it, from ym understanding they were from world of motion as well. they came form the scene where the horse had gotten spooked and was causing a rukus.

while on the jungle cruise last time i noticed that everything in the first set are cargo boxes (these are the boxes at the begining of the que) are being sent to the adventurer's club in pleasure island. i realize that the adventurers club is still open, but still a nice reference for those in the know.

mmssbrg2

--Tom Morrow is paged on the TTA. Tom Morrow, while being a play on the word "tommorrow," was also a character in Mission to Mars.

The director of NCIS in the first two seasons of the show by the same name was Tom Morrow. Does anyone know if this is purely coincidence, or a tip of the hat by a fan of Disney?

Cmdr_Crimson

I do believe that the robots on The TTA before passing Mickey's Star Traders one is holding a newspaper that mentions X-S Tech...is there anything within the Paperboy robot before going on the ramp to the right to get up to the TTA?

psuchad

I do believe that the robots on The TTA before passing Mickey's Star Traders one is holding a newspaper that mentions X-S Tech...is there anything within the Paperboy robot before going on the ramp to the right to get up to the TTA?

Didn't they remove that for a meet and greet sign?

metscool

I had a teacher. Her last name was Marrow and her husband name is Tom Marrow. We always laughed at her when she told us that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom