Attraction marquee up for The Seas with Nemo and Friends

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
While I was driving the monorail through Epcot today, I noticed that the rocks in front of The Living Seas pavilion where the water splashes now has a sign on it with the pavilion's new name: The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Its definitely the permanent marquee for the pavilion. However, that half of the pavilion is still behind the blue construction wall. Also of note, the mural out front of the building has been painted all blue for some reason. What becomes of it, who knows, but I found out odd that the whole thing was painted one color.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
GAH!!!!

They knew i was at DL!

To note, to repaint the thing, you do have to paint the base coat first.. and i dont mind it all being blue before they paint stripes...

And whats this about SSE being brown?

CTXRover

I'm all for the re-do of The Living Seas and am hopeful the new ride will surprise us, but I must say I've been secretly hoping the pavilion wasn't getting that name. I guess if it is now the marquee on the rocks it is likely the name of the entire pavilion. Oh well. Hopefully when it is all said and done, The Seas with Nemo and Friends will be a popular pavilion once again for all guests and help spread out the crowds on that side of Future World which now seem to flood The 'new' Land pavilion on a daily basis.

Thanks for the info :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh, that's probably the dirt spot.

I'm not sure if that's a vent or what, but it was dirty a year or more ago too, people complained and eventually they cleaned it. It gets that way every so often. It grows over time. Usually shows up in the fall.

rbrower

Oh, that's probably the dirt spot.

I'm not sure if that's a vent or what, but it was dirty a year or more ago too, people complained and eventually they cleaned it. It gets that way every so often. It grows over time. Usually shows up in the fall.
That is interesting. Thanks for posting it!

Skippy

Sounds like the dirt spot to me, when did you see it there, Buford? Now is the time to argue about getting pictures up here.. so... any takers?

Thanks for the info by the way, i'm very anxious to see this.

I really don't like the new name for the Living Seas; I liked the classic Living Seas name instead of the whole Nemo theme. I also liked that mural that decorated the outside of the pavilion.

"We're not on vacation anymore, we're on a quest for fun!!!"-Clark Griswold

TinkerBell9988

not sure... looking at SSE from Leave a Legacy, there is a darkened section on the top-right area....

Buford, that spot has been there on and off for about two years now. There was some heresay that it got struck by lightning, and then other CMs say that it is dirt. Hopefully, it will get cleaned soon. No one likes it when SSE is not in its full silver glory (which only works sans the wand :animwink: ).

Epcot82Guy

I actually don't mind the switch to "The Seas" (since, technically, that is the original name of the pavilion concept). However, I agree with the Nemo Part. As you saw it, was "The Seas" highlighted, or was it all about the same size/impact text-wise?

mkepcotmgmak

Buford, that spot has been there on and off for about two years now. There was some heresay that it got struck by lightning, and then other CMs say that it is dirt. Hopefully, it will get cleaned soon. No one likes it when SSE is not in its full silver glory (which only works sans the wand :animwink: ).

it's actually a burn spot... that section is right over the fall of Rome scene... :lookaroun

the-reason14

I noticed that spot on severel different trips from 04 to now. Some parts of the year it was more noticeable than it was before. And other times it seemed as though it was gone, but on second glance was still there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom