Attraction Dealbreakers

HouCuseChickie

I was just at WDW in January with a friend, but we're supposed to be surprising the kids with a short trip in July. While there's a part of me that would like to experience first hand what the parks are like right after they reopen, I have a feeling we'll reschedule for February 2021 if the following aren't operating...

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Big Thunder
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Spaceship Earth
5. It's a Small World

SJN1279

1. Mickey's Runaway Railway
2. Rise of the Resistance
3. Toy Story Mania (for my son)
4. Pirates
5. Splash Mountain

MarvelCharacterNerd

1. Festival of the Lion King (prob my fave thing in WDW)
2. People Mover
3. Country Bear Jamboree (though ironically and frustratingly this was closed during my first WDW visit)
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Grand Floridian buffet with Alice and the Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins, etc. (I'm fine if this changes to family style/served to table - it's just my fave character meal)

Honorable mention to ones I'd REALLY miss if I didn't see them:
Carousel of Progress/Spaceship Earth/Journey Into Imagination/Frozen Ever After/Frozen Sing-along/Indy stunt show/B&theB stage show
(all unique WDW experiences I really enjoy)

KaliSplash

My next trip is not happening without Rise of the Resistance and Smuggler's Run. (But, of course, my next trip was planned to be a one-day hit on the studios just to see Galaxy's Edge in April. Didn't have another tripped planned at the moment.

adimond

The only single closure that could make me consider canceling a whole trip would be Haunted Mansion.

But I also need some combination of most of the following: Spaceship Earth (I'll visit during the 2-year refurb, if that's still a thing, but I won't be too happy about it), Living with the Land, monorail, Splash Mountain (but I often visit in winter despite seasonal rehabs, so that's no dealbreaker), Country Bears, Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress, and Flight of Passage.

I've happily gone on entire Orlando trips where I didn't set foot in Hollywood Studios. I like ToT, Echo Lake, and the Muppets, but I can skip all that and not feel I'm missing too much. RotR is great, but (now that I've done it a couple times) the boarding groups are such a pain that it's almost not worth it anyway.

That said, I was waiting for Ratatouille to open before my next trip, so I'll want that and the other new rodent-themed ride to be available.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't cancel my trip, but the things I'd be most disappointed on missing out on are:

1. Happily Ever After
2. Space Mountain
3. Flight of Passage
4. Fantasmic
5. Big Thunder Mountain

kwoodfan1

1) World Showcase with a nod to Voices of Liberty
2) Festival of the Lion King
3) FoP
4) If 2 Mountains were shut down at same time. Can deal without 1, 2 would be tough.
5) Haunted Mansion and ToT. Same rules apply, can deal with one but both would be tough.

...Covid killed (2) trips so we have yet to experience MMRR, RoR, and SR. I assume they would make list.

RoadiJeff

1) ROTR (this is absolutely the best attraction I have ever been on in any theme park and I would pay for an entire day's admission just to experience it once that day)
2) Space Mountain
3) Haunted Mansion
4) Test Track (I get some great perks due to being an employee of the sponsor)
5) Tower of Terror

Did I see some people list that they would not go if "It's a Small Word" was not operating? My goodness. I don't even like to walk past that and hear the music playing. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom