Attn:Parents of young babies at WDW

Kristamouse

We are headed down in Sept. I am currently pg with #3 due 08/08. We have been to WDW with our other two often, the youngest being 6 months. Here is my question, we will be eating one sit down meal per day, where is my new baby going to sit? We were not planning on taking the car seat to attach to the stroller and clearly the baby won't be able to sit in a high chair or even at up at all. I guess I will have to bring the car seat so baby can sit in the car seat in the high chair. Any suggestions from parents who have been in this situation?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Never did that at WDW, but I did go to Hawaii when my son was 3 months old. We brought the bucket carrier from the car seat/stroller transportation system. We always brought it everywhere when he was that little, because we didn't want to have to transfer him if he fell asleep. This way, the bucket went from the stroller to the car to the restaurant to the hotel room to the...well, you get the idea.

Upvote 0

beryl628

most of the places have high chairs that are like the infant carrier seats. They do not let you use a high chair to hold your car seat. Its an insurance risk for them. Just call guest relations and ask...its been a little over 2 years since I brought my son at 3 months old. But we had no issues using those chairs :)

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I've never used them but they do have those high chairs that look like the infant carrier car seats. I'm not sure if every restaurant has them but maybe they can answer that question when you make reservations!

Upvote 0

durangojim

We took our son when he was 8 weeks and will take our other child (due any day now) when she/he is about 2 months this coming May. We've taken teh baby carrier/car seat with us. It makes it much more convenient at restaurants. Also, most airlines will not charge extra to check a carseat/carrier.

Upvote 0

daliseurat

I'd call the restaurants directly to ask what they have for you. Your best bet is to take the car carrier so you don't have to take the little one in and out of stuff so often.

And if it were me, I'd take the stroller it sits in with me. From what I remember, the less jostling, the better. Plus you have a place to carry all the baby stuff.

And not to judge, but why do people take these tiny babies to WDW? I was so afraid of all the germs from the plane and the crowds. I was definitely OVER-CAUTIOUS until mine was three months old. But it wasn't much fun having to drag all that baby stuff around, and I definitely couldn't have done the parks the way I'd like. So I'm just curious why so many of you do bring the littlest ones. Again, not a criticism and I don't want to start a debate. Just curious is all.

Upvote 0
We brought our new bors to WDW, they survived. We cant keep them locked away for life to avoid "germs" They would never get out. We have 4 kids, and when the babies subsequently arrived, we brought them along with us. To parents with just one newborn, Why would you put your life on hold till the baby is "old enough" take them with you, enjoy life, enjoy taking pictures of your baby with Mickey, get out, have fun. You take them to the store, mall, church, doctor, relatives...whats so different about taking a baby to disney. With 4 kids, I speak from expierience....we took babies to disney, and had the best time. To answer your baby carrier dilema, we pushed the stroller into wherever we could fit it, other wise we just sat the carrier on the floor next to us. Some places do have high chairs that are designed to fit the carriers thet they let you sit them in, Im not sure if they have these seats at Disney. we just didnt do much sit down, besides counter service places. Maybe im Biased, its a "big" family thing. Hakunna Matata

Upvote 0

MinnieSummer

I took my own stroller and she stayed in the stroller beside the table. None of the restaurants refused to let us in with it. I don't know if the policy has changed but that's what we did -- nine years ago. When she was old enough to sit up on her own they wouldn't let us in with the stroller and we sat her in the high chair.

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

We took Cole at 10 weeks and had a frame type stroller for the car seat. We found that many places would let the stroller into the restaurant. Sometimes we carried just the car seat in if he was sleeping. We held him during meals sometimes, it just depended. It was very convenient having the car seat with us-there were times we didn't want to wake him for all the money in the world!! Restaurants were very accomodating.

Upvote 0

daliseurat

Like I said, we were OVER cautious with our newborn. And I can't really say that taking them to Disney is any different than taking them any other public place. I suppose we DID basically put our entertainment life on hold until she was three months old. I'd say we just didn't have any interest in taking a baby to ANY theme park. Actually, I was not planning on taking her until just before she turned 3! That way I figured she MIGHT be old enough to get something out of the park and she'd still be free. Well, DW had business in Orlando, so we went when she was a year and a half. Was I ever surprised at how much my 1 1/2 year old loved it! Of course she doesn't remember that trip, but I sure do. And it was great. So I guess I understand after all.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Thank you for all the replies. We are driving and will have the infant car seat anyway. My problem is that DS 4 and DD 3 still need to be in the double stroller at WDW. They are too young to do the parks on their tiny legs with out a break not to mention safety issues with crowds and busy areas. I was hoping to have baby in the Bjiorn and trade between Mom, Dad, Me and DH when my back gets tired. That way other two kids could ride and baby could nap in the stroller and let them walk occasionally for short distances. But with the car seat clicked in one seat there is only room for one of the two toddlers, it’s not like the car seat could fit underneath when not in use. I am thinking I will take our car seat frame stroller for the baby and the double for the older kids. My other option would be to bring the car seat in park after our afternoon break for dinner leaving the double open for the other kids during the day.
I knew this thread might bring on judgment; I assure you that I am a good Mother and I wouldn't put ANY of my kids in danger. We are going b/c we booked the free dining bounce back last year and paid for my parents as well (their X-mas and B-day gifts). Then surprise, #3 who was supposed to be a souvenir from Sept's 08 trip came early. Mom, Dad and DH have already requested off work and this trip is pretty much paid for from DH's Christmas bonus. So what the heck let the baby come! It is a FAMILY park. I have been many times and don't mind taking time out in the Baby Centers and trust me; my parents won't let that baby down for long.... Grandparents are great at holding babies and giving thier all thier Grandkids lots of love and attention.

Upvote 0
I think we have used the same double stroller for 5 years now with our 4 kids at the parks over the last 4 years. We drive to, but never used the car seat part in the parks. First visit with the kids we had 2 kids, then 3 then two trips with all 4 in tow. We had nothing but a blast on each and every vist. The stroller is a must for those little legs for us, we carry them in a few lines, and that alone kills are backs after a day or two. We never used the baby center except maybe once, just because we never happened to be near tham when we need one. We never had a problem, concern, trouble, or anything else in 5 visits with kids with us. I wish we had grandparent helpers though, me and my wife have never ridden on anything but family friendly rides together since we had kids. Were headed back in August again... We hope you guys have a blast.

Upvote 0

daliseurat

Thank you for all the replies. We are driving and will have the infant car seat anyway. My problem is that DS 4 and DD 3 still need to be in the double stroller at WDW. They are too young to do the parks on their tiny legs with out a break not to mention safety issues with crowds and busy areas. I was hoping to have baby in the Bjiorn and trade between Mom, Dad, Me and DH when my back gets tired. That way other two kids could ride and baby could nap in the stroller and let them walk occasionally for short distances. But with the car seat clicked in one seat there is only room for one of the two toddlers, it’s not like the car seat could fit underneath when not in use. I am thinking I will take our car seat frame stroller for the baby and the double for the older kids. My other option would be to bring the car seat in park after our afternoon break for dinner leaving the double open for the other kids during the day.
I knew this thread might bring on judgment; I assure you that I am a good Mother and I wouldn't put ANY of my kids in danger. We are going b/c we booked the free dining bounce back last year and paid for my parents as well (their X-mas and B-day gifts). Then surprise, #3 who was supposed to be a souvenir from Sept's 08 trip came early. Mom, Dad and DH have already requested off work and this trip is pretty much paid for from DH's Christmas bonus. So what the heck let the baby come! It is a FAMILY park. I have been many times and don't mind taking time out in the Baby Centers and trust me; my parents won't let that baby down for long.... Grandparents are great at holding babies and giving thier all thier Grandkids lots of love and attention.

As far as you MEALS go, if you have a three and four year old, they can sit at the table leaving the stroller totally open for the baby. So your plan to use the stroller for the 3 and 4 year old and have baby in the Baby Bjorn should work fine. DW and I used to switch on and off with our baby Bjorn when we were out with DD for the day.

And maybe your kids are different than mine, but I ditched the whole stroller thing at three. Mine walked the parks just fine as long as we stopped to rest here and there and got the occasional shoulder ride from me. Of course, it's different when you have three. You might try to forget the stroller for the 3 and 4 year old and see how it goes. You can always rent one.

And I wasn't meaning to judge, so you don't need to explain. Sounds like you've got it down. Grandparents are a wonderful thing. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

amypooh

We were in almost the exact same situation last Sept - kiddos aged 4, 3 and 6 mos. Though our little one was older than what is looks like you are looking at, we did the baby bjorn for the little one, and rotated the 3with the double stroller.

For meals the older kiddos used booster seats and we kept the little one in the stroller, just parked out of the way of other guests.

Upvote 0

lac628

I knew this thread might bring on judgment; I assure you that I am a good Mother and I wouldn't put ANY of my kids in danger.

There is no need to explain yourself. Bringing your baby to Disney is not bad. It's no worse than the mall or Walmart. I don't and I don't think anyone else thinks you're a bad mother.
My son turned 2 in December and he's been 10 or 11 times, with his first trip being at 1 month old. He did fine all the time. Actually, now that he is older, he gets sick more when we return bc he is into alot of stuff. When he was an infant, he was in the stroller or being carried and we always made sure to have the net cover over the stroller so no strangers could touch him.
Back to the original question...we just always used the stroller, but I can understand your dilema with the double stroller.

Upvote 0

sherylemomof2

dinner with infant

I have a couple of suggestions First an infant carrier you wear many brands available if a buffet most convienant. 2nd we went with two infants twins and some not all restaurants would allow us to bring in our stroller to leave the babies in.Also some restaurants do have infant seats to use although I do not remember which ones. Hope that helps have a great trip and congratulations. We are going back in May.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

My problem is that DS 4 and DD 3 still need to be in the double stroller at WDW. They are too young to do the parks on their tiny legs with out a break not to mention safety issues with crowds and busy areas. I was hoping to have baby in the Bjiorn and trade between Mom, Dad, Me and DH when my back gets tired. That way other two kids could ride and baby could nap in the stroller and let them walk occasionally for short distances. But with the car seat clicked in one seat there is only room for one of the two toddlers, it’s not like the car seat could fit underneath when not in use. I am thinking I will take our car seat frame stroller for the baby and the double for the older kids. My other option would be to bring the car seat in park after our afternoon break for dinner leaving the double open for the other kids during the day.

Have you thought about bringing an umbrella stroller for one of your older kids, and then the baby and the other toddler could use the double?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom