Attitudes if Burger is Ordered

Communicore

Original Poster
Have you been to any non-burger restaurants where the worker has an attitude if a burger is ordered? An example would be Tangierine Cafe. That place is notorious for the attitudes when a burger is ordered.

It's as if their saying, why did this person order it, why do I have to cook this? Well, it's on the menu so of course the guest is allowed to order it. Sometimes the guest is in a hurry and the worker has "pressure" to hurry as well and it makes for an awkward interaction.

slappy magoo

Have you been to any non-burger restaurants where the worker has an attitude if a burger is ordered? An example would be Tangierine Cafe. That place is notorious for the attitudes when a burger is ordered.

It's as if their saying, why did this person order it, why do I have to cook this? Well, it's on the menu so of course the guest is allowed to order it. Sometimes the guest is in a hurry and the worker has "pressure" to hurry as well and it makes for an awkward interaction.

Could it be because the burger is only on the children's menu and they're suspecting that you're not ordering it for a child but yourself?

Just spitballing.

While I don't think they should disdain you for having the palate of a commoner :D I can kinda understand if a restaurant is shooting for cuisine that is more in keeping with a certain culture, to feel like "well, if you wanted a burger why did you come to a place known for lots of things other than burgers?" Especially if you're either alone or part of a party that's all ordering burgers or chicken fingers instead of what they do best.

HouCuseChickie

I've never encountered this. In fact, I have a friend who is super picky and she said every spot was very nice about her requesting a burger. While not Tangerine Café, they decided to try Sanaa and she thought she'd try something a little more adventurous. While she couldn't bring herself to eat it, they insisted she get a basic burger or something generic just so she had some food in her stomach. She was so impressed with how they handled it.

DisneyDebNJ

We have never had a problem in all honesty. Son was a super picky eater when he was younger (wait... who am I kidding, he is STILL a picky eater) and has asked for a burger (no cheese mind you LOL) I think he got stranger looks for asking for french fries in lieu of mashed or baked potatoes in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom