Atlantic Dance: What's the atmosphere?

Omnimover

I'll be bringing my girlfriend down to the World for her first trip in just a few weeks. We had previously planned to spend an evening at PI, but obviously that's out the window. She's a big fan of going clubbing in general, and I want to take her out for something she really enjoys.

I'm not too keen on leaving the resort as I'd prefer not to worry about getting to/from downtown Orlando clubs, etc (we won't have a car and I'm sure cab fare that far is brutal). I've been hunting about for any other clubs to take her to, and it seems like Atlantic Dance is the only option, but I can't seem to find any info on exactly what kind of club it is. Hence, questions:

1. What kind of music do they play? I've heard different things; Salsa, big band, pop, etc.? Does it vary by what evening you're there?

2. What's the clientele like?

3. Is it a worthwhile place to spend the evening, or more of a "stop in for a while and then go about your business" kind of place?

I'd also of course welcome suggestions of other places to go. Kimonos at the Swan sounds fun, but karaoke isn't really her thing (and I hear it can be hard to get a table). I'm sort of at a loss otherwise.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Bug715

I'll be bringing my girlfriend down to the World for her first trip in just a few weeks. We had previously planned to spend an evening at PI, but obviously that's out the window. She's a big fan of going clubbing in general, and I want to take her out for something she really enjoys.

I'm not too keen on leaving the resort as I'd prefer not to worry about getting to/from downtown Orlando clubs, etc (we won't have a car and I'm sure cab fare that far is brutal). I've been hunting about for any other clubs to take her to, and it seems like Atlantic Dance is the only option, but I can't seem to find any info on exactly what kind of club it is. Hence, questions:

1. What kind of music do they play? I've heard different things; Salsa, big band, pop, etc.? Does it vary by what evening you're there?

2. What's the clientele like?

3. Is it a worthwhile place to spend the evening, or more of a "stop in for a while and then go about your business" kind of place?

I'd also of course welcome suggestions of other places to go. Kimonos at the Swan sounds fun, but karaoke isn't really her thing (and I hear it can be hard to get a table). I'm sort of at a loss otherwise.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

The night we went for my birthday they were playing music videos on the screen and since there wern't many people in there they basically played everything we requested. The clientele? ummmm can't really speak to this since last time there were only 3 other people than my group in there but since PI is closed I hope Dance Hall gets more popular. I'm guessing it will be mainly resort guests, CMs, and maybe locals but i don't see that really. I don't know how long you'll want to stay since it'll depend on if it gets more crowded and it depends on what music they're playing and your tastes. I'll be there next saturday so I can post a reply when I get home the 15th if that helps.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I've walked past a number of times, peeked in, could count the number of guests inside on one hand, heard some uhnn-tsss-uhnn-tsss-uhnn-tsss that made my toes curl, and quickly turned tail & walked over to Jellyroll's.

Obviously I'm not a big club kind of guy, and certainly not that kind of club. Maybe I always went over on off nights. I'd be curious to hear if anyone went there when the joint was jumping and what it was like. Were they to have a retro kind of night - big band music or golden oldies - I might be inspired to go, mainly because the hall is kinda designed to emulate those old-style dance halls more than a love for that kind of music.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I've seen Atlantic Dances packed some nights, but I mostly see it almost completely empty a majority of nights. I hope the closing of PI helps increase the population b/c I really love its location, beaing we always now stay at Yacht and a short walk is more fun than a long "stop and go" bus ride.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

And if the BoardWalk clubs stay kind of dead and you have an AP pass and time to travel maybe 25 mins, Universal is accepting the Disney AP to enter CityWalk for free for at least a couple of months.

Upvote 0

Michi4515

I personally looove Atlantic Dance Hall!! I've been there several times and never had a bad experience. It's never really packed. the only times that i have seen a crowd there is when the boardwalk is holding a convention. but now that PI is closed the attendance should be higher than ever (at least i hope). It's a music video club. The DJ will most probably play what you request depending on the attendance that night.

You should definately go check it out! =) It's really pretty too!! lol

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

I like your GF love the Nightlife, it is a part of my job as a Club Promoter so here is a little list of places to go in Disney when the sun goes down.

1. Atlantic Dance Hall (Boardwalk) DJ's & Dancing
2. Jellyrolls (" ") Piano Bar
3. Big River Brewing Works (" ") Brew Pub
4. Todd English's Bluezoo Lounge (Dolphin Resort) Upscale Lounge
6. Kimonos Lounge (Swan Resort) Sushi & Karaoke
7. RIX Lounge (Coronado Springs Resort) Martini Lounge & Club
8. Fuego (Pleasure Island) Cigar Bar
9. Raglan Road (" ") Irish Pub Live Music

I would call ahead for Times, Events, and Artists that way you both can discuss you plans for that evening. BTW transpotation between Resorts via Taxi is not that expensive, and the buses are pretty efficient to Down Town Disney. Have a Blast!

Upvote 0

828tnt

go to city walk! no offense but wdw has yet to redefine itself as far a night spot.

much more originality over there, and much more worth the trip. unless of course, pi ..............

otherwise, the nightlife is better- off property. money and experience better spent!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom