Atlantic dance hall closing?

Rteetz

Original Poster
If that rumor has any truth to it, I still don't see it working. It will be another failed concept. Pleasure Island is dead, and it's time to move on to new ideas.
Pleasure island was a whole area of night clubs. I think one modern night club might work if done right. Otherwise I agree.

wdwfan22

Pleasure island was a whole area of night clubs. I think one modern night club might work if done right. Otherwise I agree.

I don't see it working. If anything it will be another Cast hangout and those are proven not to bring in the money that Disney is looking for.

Bocabear

So make it a truly 1940s Boardwalk themed restaurant... more casual than Flying Fish, and done with all the food one would see at a classic seaside resort....that is one of the things the Boardwalk seems to be missing... They bothered to build a boardwalk, then all of the businesses ignore the thematics of their location... Bring back a little of that whimsy that the old Flying Fish had... It would be nice to have a casual food option that would not involve a television blaring sports... but something unique and fun...

the-reason14

We went to Trader Sams bar at the Poly for the first time a few nights ago. That is adults only after 8pm but still has a silly Jungle Cruise humour atmosphere and was the one of best nights I've had a Disney. It's odd as it felt very Disney and very adults only at the same time.

Definitely gonna have to try this place out on my next visit.

floridagirl57

Resurrecting this thread because I was at the ADH last night and it was practically empty. I didn't know if maybe it's always been empty or if it peaked with attendance when people used to frequent dance clubs in the 90's. There is just so much space in there, 3 bars downstairs with only 1 operating with 1 bartender and an entire upstairs space. For what its worth though, my friend and I had a great time. Definitely not "Disney" like the enjoyable Trader Sams, but sometimes you just want to cut lose and dance on an empty dance floor.

Bolt

Resurrecting this thread because I was at the ADH last night and it was practically empty. I didn't know if maybe it's always been empty or if it peaked with attendance when people used to frequent dance clubs in the 90's. There is just so much space in there, 3 bars downstairs with only 1 operating with 1 bartender and an entire upstairs space. For what its worth though, my friend and I had a great time. Definitely not "Disney" like the enjoyable Trader Sams, but sometimes you just want to cut lose and dance on an empty dance floor.
It's one of the most popular Disney wedding venues, so it's just bonus money when it opens as a bar outside of those events.

AVGuy

Also, when convention groups are in town, it's slammed. It wouldn't shock me if they stopped making it available to the general public and turn it into a buy-out / special events only.

pilka214

I'm surprised its not just used as an extension of the convention facilities and used for special events. But, I wouldn't mind another dining/entertainment option down at the boardwalk and it's location is pretty ideal and unique, here's hoping for progress.

Bolt

MCast

I think Disney is hoping that the gondolas will provide increased foot traffic to The Boardwalk. Personally, I like it's relaxed environment now, I don't want it to be a watering hole for sloppy messes. But hey, that's just me!

gsimpson

A big part of the problem is their DJs have no energy and just don't interact with the crowd at all. They have the facilities for some interesting light shows but they just have them cycling over and over instead. They usually have a video projector that has very poor quality, looks like it is completely contaminated with cigarette smoke to give you an idea of the maintenance they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom