At WDW Now : Random Park Observations (long)

Next Big Thing

The reason it wasn't really that crowded at EPCOT on that Saturday and even whever you went on Sunday is b/c those 2 days are generally the days when people are starting/ending their vacation so the parks are less crowded. The way i've figured it, the majority (not everyone, majority) of people start their vacations on sunday and end on saturday. A lot of people don't even go into the parks on Sunday though b/c by the time you might get there and get settled, that's just wasting a day. Notice how the week days in your TR you started saying that the parks started getting crowded again. I'm not saying i'm right, i'm just saying i think that may be the cause. How crowded would you say EPCOT was though? I'm a bit surprised though that, even on a lesser crowded day that EPCOT wouldn't be decently crowded b/c a lot of locals like to come to EPCOT b/c EPCOT is known as an adult park and a lot of them like to just come for the night and drink and watch illuminations.

NewfieFan

Thanks for the updates.

Concerning Animation... I heard you can't get in the back entrance through the store now to see the characters!?! Could this be why the popularity has increased!?! Do you have to wait in the queue now to see any characters!?!

Scar

Original Poster
Thanks for the updates.

Concerning Animation... I heard you can't get in the back entrance through the store now to see the characters!?! Could this be why the popularity has increased!?! Do you have to wait in the queue now to see any characters!?!

Nah, you can actually still get in through the back entrance. They discourage it out front but once in the store, there is nobody stopping you from going in the back way. We definitely did it!

SeaCastle

To supplement what's here...today (8/12) it was what I guess is busy for the parks...Muppet Vision had a line out the door and there was a 100 minute wait for TSMM. Checked out the Walt Disney Story before iti closed for refurb and the theater wa half full (or half empty, depending onn how you look at things). Overall, the park seemed packed and very busy.

At Epcot in the evening it was also relatively busy (it was an EMH night). Around 8:30 there was still a 40/50 minute wait for Test Track and 70 minutes for Soarin'. Nemo was a walk-on, as was Living with the Land.

dreamfinder

Thanks for the updates.

Nah, you can actually still get in through the back entrance. They discourage it out front but once in the store, there is nobody stopping you from going in the back way. We definitely did it!

I found it depended on the day. One day I went, and you could go in the back way. The next day I went back, and they had a CM standing in the exit telling people they need to go around the front way. Now they did have 2 queues in the front area. One for those who wanted to see the animation show, and the second for those who just wanted to meet characters/do the animation workshop.

NewfieFan

I found it depended on the day. One day I went, and you could go in the back way. The next day I went back, and they had a CM standing in the exit telling people they need to go around the front way. Now they did have 2 queues in the front area. One for those who wanted to see the animation show, and the second for those who just wanted to meet characters/do the animation workshop.

Interesting... I was wondering if there was a separate queue!

mp2bill

The queue was wrapped around the back side and out the front. Sometimes I question the numbers on the wait time myself, but I did notice there seemed to be an extremely large tour group from Asia (Japan?) in the queue.

Wow. I guess those Asians love Stich.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom