At first I was angry... but...

monkeysammich

So, I've been telling my father-in-law for a month to book Friday the 30th at Shades of Green so that we have a "resort" stay on property for our ADR to Kona Cafe and so that we didnt have to rush to get to our Crystal Palace Breakfast at 9:20 am.

Well, he called today and sure enough... they were all booked up. My wife emailed me the bad news and told me to try calling the reservation line and a) extend our resort from Sat-Thur to Fri-Thu. And b) See if we can get a room for the in-laws for Friday and Saturday night.

Not easy, considering its 2 1/2 weeks away.

Well, I called and talked to Shay (or Shawn ... not sure) and told him that I need magic to happen on this phone call. He told me that I called the right person.

Not only did he get the extension to my room... but he also got my In-laws rooms at pop century with me AND put a note to have the rooms adjoining or in the same area. Talk about magic happening.

So I started out my day angry... but I ended with the disney magic working for me. :sohappy:

Finallyin09

Great story!

That's an awesome story! Hey, we will be there the same time..10/29-11/4...
Happy Halloween!
This is the first trip for us...so I have been overwhelmed with how wonderful everyone has been when I have called for help. My latest was last week when my mother wound up in a cast....20 days before the trip.
WDW suggested scooter rental and even they were amazing! Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone gave that kind of service?:)

Upvote 0

monkeysammich

Original Poster
I agree... the economy would be much better off if the service level remained at Disney's level.

Also, sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she's okay!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Glad it worked out for you. I was told that Shades usually fills up a yr in advance or more so maybe it was already booked and not your fil fault?:shrug:

Upvote 0

monkeysammich

Original Poster
I can't really blame him... he's a busy person... and he DID buy the 5-day tickets for my wife and I.

It just bugged me. No worries... the vacation is going on without a hitch!

(Did you hear me universe? WITHOUT A HITCH!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom