AstroOrbiter Refurb 2019

TROR

As badly as many (marketing included) would like us to believe that the gender lines aren’t anything more than socially constructed fabrications that are becoming obsolete, the scientific facts still overwhelmingly prove it to be true, on average. There have always and will always be exceptions, and it’s true that exceptions are more widely accepted now than ever before, but it doesn’t change the fact that, on average, there always will be and always have been clear differences between males and females, and that’s not only okay, but vital for the well being of a future society. 😊
Ah, so this is where the intellectual discussion is taking place. I've been in the wrong thread this whole time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As badly as many (marketing included) would like us to believe that the gender lines aren’t anything more than socially constructed fabrications that are becoming obsolete, the scientific facts still overwhelmingly prove it to be true, on average. There have always and will always be exceptions, and it’s true that exceptions are more widely accepted now than ever before, but it doesn’t change the fact that, on average, there always will be and always have been clear differences between males and females, and that’s not only okay, but vital for the well being of a future society. 😊

How about we just agree that in the almost 3rd decade of the 21st century that a child should be free to express themselves whether that is along gender lines, across them, or even if it blurs that line. That at this point in our evolution its more the rule than the exception that a child no matter their gender is going to have to be more scientific based. And that means more girls are going to be interested in the sciences and space travel than being a princess or playing house as in generations past. This is because our species will eventually leave this planet, and explore space. So those uncomfortable about it will just have to accept that gender lines are going to have to go away in their traditional sense in order to keep our species alive in the dangers of space.

Curious Constance

How about we just agree that in the almost 3rd decade of the 21st century that a child should be free to express themselves whether that is along gender lines, across them, or even if it blurs that line. That at this point in our evolution its more the rule than the exception that a child no matter their gender is going to have to be more scientific based. And that means more girls are going to be interested in the sciences and space travel than being a princess or playing house as in generations past. This is because our species will eventually leave this planet, and explore space. So those uncomfortable about it will just have to accept that gender lines are going to have to go away in their traditional sense in order to keep our species alive in the dangers of space.
How about we don’t agree to any of that but agree to never speak of this together again because you’re scaring me. 😀

TROR

Pass me whatever it is you're smoking. I want a hit of that stuff. Seems strong.

shortstop

So what you’re saying is if young girls aren’t allowed to ride Astro Orbiter, we will never be able to colonize space? Now that’s WOKE.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So what you’re saying is if young girls aren’t allowed to ride Astro Orbiter, we will never be able to colonize space? Now that’s WOKE.

Actual no that’s not what I’m saying. But clearly some around here think girls shouldn’t be allowed to ride them, and those girls that do want to are “exceptions”.

George Lucas on a Bench

Tomorrowland appeals to the male fantasy. Shooting guns with Tim the Tool Man Taylor, driving the car with your woman at your side while a robot in the woods waves to you (It's like an ad for testosterone), Dinosaurs and The Grand Canyon, and of course, space rides completely devoid of female characters aside from a robot stewardess...

SuddenStorm

Honestly I was mocking your statements:

It's like I always say, the best way to win a discussion (since, you know, every discussion has to have a loser) is to completely misrepresent and mock the other's claims! Works every time.

Your valuable insight has shown me "A Whole New World" that I now understand "For the First Time in Forever". I guess it could be said that because of you, "I See The Light."

But, all this talk about marketing demographics and which attractions appeal to which groups of people is way off topic (my apologies, folks) so I think it's best we "Let It Go" and turn the conversation back to the Astro Orbiter- that I, for one, can't wait to ride when I visit Disneyland "In Summer"!! :cool:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's like I always say, the best way to win a discussion (since, you know, every discussion has to have a loser) is to completely misrepresent and mock the other's claims! Works every time.

Your valuable insight has shown me "A Whole New World" that I now understand "For the First Time in Forever". I guess it could be said that because of you, "I See The Light."

But, all this talk about marketing demographics and which attractions appeal to which groups of people is way off topic (my apologies, folks) so I think it's best we "Let It Go" and turn the conversation back to the Astro Orbiter- that I, for one, can't wait to ride when I visit Disneyland "In Summer"!! :cool:

If you say so.... As long as I win! ;):p:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom