Astro Orbiter and TTA Refurbishment in 2014

the.dreamfinder

They're trying to remove TLF from Tomorrowland, but that's another story.

Btw, the Lutz story was about Disneyland. You did get that? The coaster WDWs turned down twice is probably going to Anaheim. Along with the (so far) rejected five times Monsters coaster.
Would Iron Man still be part of this proposal? While it would be awesome, I just don't see them building two E tickets for one land at the same time, even if it would really help TL out a lot.

nc_disneyfreak

we have our next trip planned for april 26th to may 4th....im so hoping that anything they do, will be after that...maybe after summer? the peoplemover has always been a favorite of mine, going back to the late 80s and 90s living in ca going to disneyland.....i would love to go on the peoplemover a few more times next trip!! my daughter will be 3 so it would be nice to get some pics of her on it....just a great late afternoon ride. sit and relax before tomorrowland wakes up for night...

MerlinTheGoat

Btw, the Lutz story was about Disneyland. You did get that? The coaster WDWs turned down twice is probably going to Anaheim. Along with the (so far) rejected five times Monsters coaster.

He got that perfectly, JT simply can't accept that WDW might once again get the short end of the stick and that California may again get the better deal out of things. He's apparently under the impression that there's some sort of "pendulum" at work here, and that it's "swinging back towards WDW" now. And that there's some kind of major renaissance coming. So he twisted Lutz's words around as a form of spite and made the claim that this was all coming to WDW.

I'd be happy if that happened and there was a new dawn headed to WDW, but I have yet to see anything to indicate such a thing. Especially with Lutz's latest article as well as your additional comments about both of those original proposals supposedly being once again scrapped for WDW. All things still seem pretty cold and empty in regards to future WDW proposals.

Though i'll ask you this- If WDW has once again turned down the Monsters Coaster (and the Tron one), and California are getting them now, what left is STILL planned for WDW at all? Is there anything planned at all, or are we looking at WDW continually turning down any and all new major expansion proposals?

So what's the current state of affairs for new WDW rides? We've heard what Anaheim is getting, but what about WDW?

djlaosc

Looking for any bright side to this - could this help get them into WDW - shared costs?

I'm doubtful, but who knows...

FrankLapidus

I'm not that big a fan of the Astro Orbiter but I love the TTA, if it does go down for a refurb I hope it doesn't clash with our stay next year. Love nothing more than taking the weight off my feet and taking in the sights and sounds of Tomorrowland. I'm with those who miss the old narration though, I'd definitely be in favour if they wanted to bring that back.

FrankLapidus

I don't necessarily dislike The Laugh Floor but, like Stitch's Great Escape, it's never felt like like a good feet for Tomorrowland to me.

Californian Elitist

The majority of us in California don't even want the MIC here, including me. It's a hand-me-down that fails to thematically fit in DCA. No, thanks. I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

jt04

Ugh, if true they really need to get their act together.

When they redo the conference room they need to add a big chair at the head of the table with my name on it. Then I will straighten out the entire mess.

djlaosc

Thinking about this a bit more, I think that Sonny Eclipse is the ONLY thing in Tomorrowland that doesn't need/couldn't do with any changes!

DizFiz

I'm all for a tomorrowland refurb especially TTA and AO. I always thought the green elevator really for AO didn't fit the theme of Tomorrowland...maybe decorate it. I really find the Buzzlightyear entrance to be a little outdated. and would love to see it get a futuristic type theme. One place that always baffled me to be wasted space is were the Buzz meet/greet is... feel like a good size attraction could go in the area. The simple solution to SGE get rid of it there is no reason to refurb garbage that will always be garbage. What would be a cool fix to Tomorrowland speedway would to upgrade it to a futuristic theme to better flow with TL.​
I wouldn't be surpised when they start the refurb that they find some major structural issue with the lunching pad.... I won't think there would be any issues like the one out in DL.

Uddy

???

Been the same length since 1975.
Maybe I'm wrong but this picture shows it going over the speedway. I'm I just seeing it wrong

This was a snap shot from a video, Martins video

5910493070323eec9f78c0504ae68c2d_zpsb9a08eb4.jpg

articos

Maybe I'm wrong but this picture shows it going over the speedway. I'm I just seeing it wrong

This was a snap shot from a video, Martins video

5910493070323eec9f78c0504ae68c2d_zpsb9a08eb4.jpg
Speedway was shortened around 87, but not there. But yes, it does go out over Speedway right there a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom