Astro Orbiter and TTA Refurbishment in 2014

rct247

Original Poster
This is a rumor at this point, but next year Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, and The Lunching Pad are going down for extensive refurbishments following the completion of New Fantasyland. The time may be around 6 months or so. Sounds like the focus will be on the building structure itself.

[Update on Page 13]

Last edited:

mickey2008.1

A redo is fine, but if they take away the attractions, I am mad. Astro Orbiter is great, see the whole park and get a thrill. One of our favorites. I guess its just us, or maybe people do not realize that it. Cheesy sometimes equals fun. Hidden gem. Plus it is an original that lasts and will never need an update. In the sense of make it better, not construction. same with TTA, great relaxing ride, maybe new cars or scenes, but that is it.

startraveler

Hopefully, this will make TTA accessible. :) I loved that ride as a child. Actually when this ride was offered during a tour, I actually made out not riding it. The tour guide spent the length of the ride just with me. I was really cool. This, Peter Pan and Pirates are rides I'd love to be able to do again. I don't do "thrill" rides. Many older rides have difficult or impossible transfers. I had high hopes for Dumbo, but alas, the cars are still too small for me to transfer. Fingers crossed.

jrogue

I'm not that big a fan of the Astro Orbiter, but I would be sad to see it go away. Maybe they're updating the queue on that? I know when I've ridden it in the past, the loading for the ride was awful. It would make sense for that whole section to go through a refurb if they're changing one or both of the queues.

tl77

The current version Tomorrowland is close to 20 years old, and here's been photos recently that they were replacing some of the decorative "vents" on the roof of the Stitch building. I doubt they are going to change much style-wise to the Rocket Tower Plaza, it's probably more just maintenance and checking the structure of the building

rct247

Original Poster
Astro Orbiter would be updated the most if anything, buy again this refurb would primarily be checking structural stuff. Don't expect anything major, eapecually with TTA. Tomorrowland has quietly been getting various refurbishments for a while now. TTA got new paint last year, the granite bal, metrophone, robo-news, and CoP sign have all gotten it.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I'm happy to see that the Astro Orbitor is going down for rehab...the neon on the tower hasn't worked for quite awhile, and the spinning planets haven't spun for even longer. I had a hot dog at the Lunching Pad on my last trip, so I'd call that "lunch". Really not enough room in that space to offer much more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom