Asante from AK

cdunbar

How was his neck injured? :(

Nevermind it says that they aren't 100% sure. But so so sad, and such a beautiful animal!

_Scar

SEVERE neck injury?

That's really sad and I cannot even begin to imagine how much that would hurt for a giraffe ):

RIP fella and hope you're up there with your other buddies

STGRhost

Oh, that is just heartbreaking. It's really tough to transport adult giraffes, mainly because this situation is a big possibility. They're so big but so delicate at the same time.
Ugh. I just feel awful for the staffs at DAK and Dickerson Park - that's a rough situation to deal with.

That's so horrible! The giraffes are one of my favorite animals to see when I'm at DAK. Does anyone know, can a giraffe come back from a neck injury and is this a "common" problem when transporting them?

DisneyparkFreak

Have a friend that works at Dickerson and was there when it happended... The giraffe got spooked when trying to get out of the trailer. It was on the ground for a while then once it stood up the vet noticed the broken neck. It was put down shortly there after... Poor guy... However you can be comforted in knowing that he didnt die alone, there were about 10 zoo employees there.

He told me that the giraffe was actually on loan from AK, but was actually owned by the San Diego zoo... Dont know if that is true or not.

kashmir

That's so horrible! The giraffes are one of my favorite animals to see when I'm at DAK. Does anyone know, can a giraffe come back from a neck injury and is this a "common" problem when transporting them?

An article said many have tried fixing broken necks in the past but were unsuccessful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom