As of February, guests will no longer be able to see a trained Disney Artist who is d

barnum42

HennieBogan1966 said:
You say that the studios made more money every year due to the artists. Can you provide any "generic" figures to prove that? Or do we just take you at your word?
Spoken like a true bean counter :rolleyes:

The financial cost on a sheet of paper does not equate to something or someone's value.

speck76

9oldmen said:
I don't think Gen. Griz and many others would settle for less. Visit the attraction and check out how cheap it looks! Compare it to other attractions, especially the one in california and see how much effort the company put in it! It's not just about us. It's about cheating the intelligence of the guest that visit this attraction.

I have never heard anything but positive comments about DCA's animation attraction.

and BTW.....people like General Grizz.....people like anyone who is in this forum, are not typical guests.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Barnum

If you knew me AT ALL you would know I am anything BUT a beancounter when it comes to business. What I DID ask was for 9 to clarify his remarks with factual data. He made a claim for which he offered NO PROOF. That's not bean-counting. That's merely asking for facts to be used in commenting, when he claims to be who he claims to be.

To merely take his side of the story is to tell only HALF the story. Again, people taking my comments OUT OF CONTEXT to ATTEMPT to discredit them won't work.

All I asked for was some factual data to back his claim. Nothing more. Please don't misrepresent what I said.

Thanks

barnum42

Hennie

You seem to enjoying having an argument - I was just helping you along and giving you another opportunity to use a variation on your favourite phrase of "I did not say..."

;)

I'm a bad, bad man :drevil:

:lol:

WARNING: Thread Drifter, thead drifter. Pass me the woad.

:D

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Barnum

People such as yourself like to take others' comments out of context whenever it suits them, as you have NOTHING to contribute, other than to fan the flames. If that's your hobby, so be it. I, on the other hand, DO have something to contribute, which is why I comment. If you don't like the comments, feel free to refute them. Otherwise, just watch the water for us, waterboy.

barnum42

HennieBogan1966 said:
People such as yourself like to take others' comments out of context whenever it suits them, as you have NOTHING to contribute, other than to fan the flames. If that's your hobby, so be it. I, on the other hand, DO have something to contribute, which is why I comment. If you don't like the comments, feel free to refute them. Otherwise, just watch the water for us, waterboy.
Hennie - lighten up dude and get a perspective on life ;)

By the way, Mr Pot, my name is Mr Kettle :D

General Grizz

speck76 said:
I have never heard anything but positive comments about DCA's animation attraction.

and BTW.....people like General Grizz.....people like anyone who is in this forum, are not typical guests.
You're right -- I'm smarter than your average bear. :lol: :wave: :D

Let's cool it.

I want 9oldmen to get his job back, and I think we should all write Disney ASAP and know we shouldn't be cheated.

It's cheating the guests, and cheating the whole message of Walt Disney World.

*spills the beans*

Oops, looks like we'll have to start counting over. :D

promod1955

i got a reply

Griz i wrote a letter and to my surprise i got a call back. I wasnt able to answer the call but on my voicemail, a lady called me on "behalf of Mr. Eisner" :lol: . I expressed my concern in the letter and she assured me that the company believes in Walts legacy and the history of the company. :lol: . she left me her number so ill be giving her a call back. Doing all i can to express what this is doing to my experience at least at wdw. Hey look, a bean......

General Grizz

promod1955 said:
Griz i wrote a letter and to my surprise i got a call back. I wasnt able to answer the call but on my voicemail, a lady called me on "behalf of Mr. Eisner" :lol: . I expressed my concern in the letter and she assured me that the company believes in Walts legacy and the history of the company. :lol: . she left me her number so ill be giving her a call back. Doing all i can to express what this is doing to my experience at least at wdw. Hey look, a bean......
They believe in Walt's legacy, huh?

Then why don't they show us?

If you can call back, ask them why they are getting rid of the animators and if they understand how it hurts the Disney magic and the Animation experience for guests.

speck76

General Grizz said:
They believe in Walt's legacy, huh?

Then why don't they show us?

Maybe Walt's legacy has been turned more into legend than fact. Embellishment has occured, and much of what Walt did that was a negative (like try on multiple occasions to bust the union that represented his animation staff) has been forgotten.

Walt was more of a business man than most people like to remember.

General Grizz

speck76 said:
Maybe Walt's legacy has been turned more into legend than fact. Embellishment has occured, and much of what Walt did that was a negative (like try on multiple occasions to bust the union that represented his animation staff) has been forgotten.

Walt was more of a business man than most people like to remember.
But look at what effect he brought to the entertainment world. What's remembered of his legacy has certainly a profound effect on millions of people. . .

The irony is, a lot of his legacy can live on in the smallest places; a magical chat between an enthusiastic Cast Member and a guest can make a trip to Disney so much more better. In this case, it's the people connection, and the passing down of art.

barnum42

General Grizz said:
The irony is, a lot of his legacy can live on in the smallest places; a magical chat between an enthusiastic Cast Member and a guest can make a trip to Disney so much more better. In this case, it's the people connection, and the passing down of art.
If I could give you positive rep for that post I would. Well said sir :D

General Grizz

barnum42 said:
If I could give you positive rep for that post I would. Well said sir :D
. . . AAAND when these Cast Members are treated poorly, the company goes in the OPPOSITE direction of Walt's legacy; thus, Disney becomes a TAINTED COMPANY, making its fans untrusting of management and many of its decisions.

:D

Woody13

barnum42 said:
Sounds like a cue for one of my songs from "West Side Story" - I'm in. Who wants to be a Jet :D
Well then, MKT can't be a Jet (he must be a Shark):

The Jets are in gear,
Our cylinders are clickin'!
The Sharks'll steer clear
'Cause ev'ry Puerto Rican's a lousy chicken!

General Grizz

Scooter said:
No offense Grizz...But you REALLY need to get a life. :lol:
After you :D

life_cereals.jpg

barnum42

Scooter said:
No offense Grizz...But you REALLY need to get a life. :lol:
Why blame Grizz for my starting a Sing-Along-A-West Side session?

*Picks up where Woody left off*

Here come the Jets like a bat out of hell
Someone gets in our way, someone don't feel so well :D

General Grizz

barnum42 said:
Why blame Grizz for my starting a Sing-Along-A-West Side session?

*Picks up where Woody left off*

Here come the Jets like a bat out of hell
Someone gets in our way, someone don't feel so well :D
He wants any chance he can get. ;) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom