As an adult, why do you go to WDW???

As an adult, why do you go to WDW???

• Sentimental reasons-I grew up going to Disney World

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • I go strictly for my kids, I don't really care for WDW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a kid at heart

Votes: 77 44.3%
  • I love everything about Disney, always have.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters

Scooter

If you went to the doctor because you were tired and stressed out, and he prescribed a pill that made you feel young again, relieved your stress, made you feel happy and safe and brought you closer together with those you Love.....wouldn't you ask for a refill when that prescription ran out? :animwink:

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Im surprised no one picked that they strictly go for their kids. I guess its impossible. How can you go to Disney and not have at least a little bit of fun? :D

mbtohill

Disney for me really boils down to a couple of things.

1. My kids 9 and 7 LOVE IT!!! We have gone every year for the past 6 years and they continue to want to go back. My wife and I have offered other vacation spots but my girls just love, love, love Disney.

2. So because my girls are happy, and because they are now so comfortable at Disney (they know where everything is, they know what rides we might have to wait for and which ones we can get on quickly, etc.) My wife and I really get to RELAX and enjoy ourselves.

3. I think my girls would tell you their favorite park is EPCOT, no joke, and of course at EPCOT, my wife and I can enjoy the many drinks.

It's just a win win win.

GOING AGAIN MAY 2011

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Disney for me really boils down to a couple of things.

1. My kids 9 and 7 LOVE IT!!! We have gone every year for the past 6 years and they continue to want to go back. My wife and I have offered other vacation spots but my girls just love, love, love Disney.

2. So because my girls are happy, and because they are now so comfortable at Disney (they know where everything is, they know what rides we might have to wait for and which ones we can get on quickly, etc.) My wife and I really get to RELAX and enjoy ourselves.

3. I think my girls would tell you their favorite park is EPCOT, no joke, and of course at EPCOT, my wife and I can enjoy the many drinks.

It's just a win win win.

GOING AGAIN MAY 2011

We'll be there in May too!:sohappy:

s.ollie

If you went to the doctor because you were tired and stressed out, and he prescribed a pill that made you feel young again, relieved your stress, made you feel happy and safe and brought you closer together with those you Love.....wouldn't you ask for a refill when that prescription ran out? :animwink:

AHHH..... I see... My addiction is now explainable.... its a drug. Phew.... that explains the ever present dreams of magic kingdom :ROFLOL:

lilfritzy

Interesting question. I have never really thought about 'why' I go. I grew up going to Disneyland, but it isn't really a nostalgia thing for me. I genuinely like being in the parks.
It is an immersive experience where my real life problems don't exist. As much as I love going to Disneyland, I still go home at the end of the night. WDW took my love of Disneyland and added in a vacation factor.
For 9 days, I don't go to work and I don't drive. My KTTW card is all I need and it covers everything I want to do. I eat good food, see fun shows and enjoy great rides. I come home to a lovely hotel with great service.

I completely agree. I also grew up in southern CA I also grew up going to DL. It is for me a total experience rather than just a day trip.

CaptainJackNO

It's the safest place to go on vacation. Where else can you go where you can walk your hotel grounds at 2 AM and be completely safe? Also, when you add up vacation costs, it is the best value. I often spend just as much at the beach once you add up the condo or hotel, meals, and attractions for each day of the week. For a couple hundred dollars more, I don;t have to drive, always have something to do, and spend a week free of stress (except for lines, of course.) My favorite destination, hand down.

You want real proof? Stay until within an hour of closing at MK during Extra Magic Hours, and just walk the lands free of people with only your loved ones, the MK surroundings, and the Background music playing. It does not get any better than that. That's living in the Disney dream. I love it.

todpatcam

As adults - we love being kids again and escaping the day to day pressures of work and life in general. Not having to drive for a week and enjoying the beauty of each park is really indescribable for us. As others stated – we are made we didn’t go earlier. Everyone is in such a good place when they are at Disney and the CM are always so pleasant – there is no other place like it.

The other great moments for us – is watching our son just be in awe of the castle and everything Disney. He loves to drawl and loves the Pixar area of HS. Even at 8 – he was very disappointed this year that the Walt Disney walking tour was closed this year.

We are always planning our next trip as soon as we get back home – we wish we could go more often. We love WDW!!!!

yensid67

I am a former Cast Member from 1998-1999 era! and I will say that ever since I came back home from the most awesomest job in my life, I became a DISNEY-FREAK-A-ZOID! I am a kid at heart, but I think thats the kind of people that are Cast Members. You need that special attitude? to interact with your guests. I think I will always love and admire the story behind the organization more than anything! I admire Uncle Walt for pursuing his dreams and making them a reality that we all can share with our kids and their kids and their kids and so on!

Mikester71

I never went as a kid, therefore, didn't know what I was missing. It wasn't until my one buddy starting going with his family every year and he just wouldn't stop talking about it to me or showing me all their pictures that I decided I had to see what all the hype was about. My wife had been as a child with her family and my kids were now the perfect age to go, so in March of 2005 we took our first WDW/Florida Spring Break vacation. I was 34 years old at the time and simply fell in LOVE with WDW! Everything about the vacation was magical; my friend was right!!!

With 3 trips under my belt now and a fourth on the way this March, I can honestly say that I think my wife and I have just as much fun, if not MORE fun than the kids every trip! WDW brings out the kid in everyone!!!! :sohappy:

Susan Savia

We have gone every year since 1984 when our daughter was 18 months old. It's our favorite vacation that we take each year and I believe the most looked forward to, vacation. Our two grown children love it as much as we do. It's simply wonderful to forget your worries and cares for l0 days and enjoy the beauty and fun that Disney provides.

Walt Disney1955

I chose the 4th option, but it could have been a couple other. Yes, I love the nostalgia there but it goes beyond that too. Disney to me is the complete experience. I know EVERYONE on here knows what I am talking about but I can't explain why it's the best place in the world. It just is.

You go to places like a Six Flags park and it's not a lot of substance. Hey they are great days too, but Disney offers every angle of entertainment possible. I don't know why but I can literally dream about being in line at Small World at times. When you are at Disney, everything is just perfect.

Plus I went when I was 10, 14, 16, 21 and 29 (twice). I've grown up going there and if anything it gives you that much more appreciation of it

bgraham34

Without a doubt I am a kid at heart. I just always want to remember that feeling of no worries and just enjoying myself. Not too mention i just want to have fun.

Walt Disney1955

I've said it before on here and I will say it again. I was at Cedar Point this past summer with three other guys. We're all grown men none of us younger than 29. We LOVED Cedar Point and were kind of depressed to have to leave. It is after all a great park.

But the one thing we all unanimously agreed with is that Disney is a better day than Cedar Point. Three of us had been to WDW while the other had been to Disneyland. And we are all grown up masculine men with three of four of us married men. Yeah, just try and tell me Disney doesn't appeal to adults

MSU Jafar

Disney is truly the only place that I want to go when I am on vacation. Last year I took a trip to Siesta Key and the whole time there, I wanted to be at Disney! DW and I have taken numerous trips without our DD, age 12. It is our Happy Place!!! :sohappy:

si23

It's the safest place to go on vacation. Where else can you go where you can walk your hotel grounds at 2 AM and be completely safe? Also, when you add up vacation costs, it is the best value. I often spend just as much at the beach once you add up the condo or hotel, meals, and attractions for each day of the week. For a couple hundred dollars more, I don;t have to drive, always have something to do, and spend a week free of stress (except for lines, of course.) My favorite destination, hand down.

You want real proof? Stay until within an hour of closing at MK during Extra Magic Hours, and just walk the lands free of people with only your loved ones, the MK surroundings, and the Background music playing. It does not get any better than that. That's living in the Disney dream. I love it.

sorry have to disagree with this statement something bad happened to a child at the wilderness lodge resort when i was there in may

Lottie

I've always been obsessed with all things Disney including the parks. As a kid, I went to Disneyland Paris a couple of times and loved it but I dont think its a nostalgia thing either- it really does feel magical! None of my family really 'get it' and always wonder why I'm so excited about it! My h2b and I are even going for our honeymoon next year and he doesnt really get it either haha but he'll go for me 'cause he knows how much I love it =D

majorrfb

Love disney

As a child, many years ago, I loved Disney movies, then TV programs. My first visit to the World was age the age of 37. My bride of 1 1/2 years suggested we go to WDW and I was hooked. 31 years later we still go, this December, and as "seasoned " vets we visit our favorite rides and areas of all four parks. We especially enjoy Disney Christmas and that has turned into our annual trip. :sohappy:

rodserling27

I will forever be a kid at heart (which is probably why I became a teacher), and I also went to WDW a lot growing up. My mom's entire family lives in Ft. Lauderdale, and they are obsessed with WDW, so every time we went on a trip to see them, it was convenient to take a vacation there.

But in reality, I keep going back because it's true escapism, and I can just relax and genuinely enjoy life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom