Artist Point

cb3k

Just wondering if anyone had some quick feedback on Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge. I have been wanting to eat there and will be heading to WL in mid August. If someone wouldn't mind it would be much appreciated...Thanks

disneytopdog

Very nice dining room, windows overlook the pool. The food was good, (I had the buffalo tenderloin). Service was very attentive. Sorry I really dont have much more to say about it. It just did not "BLOW ME AWAY"

Upvote 0

Brett

I have had to excellent meals at Artist Point. First time I had the Cedar Plank Salmon and the second I had the Tenderloin. Try to request a window seat, the view made the experience better the second time around. All in all, Artist Point is one of the better meals in Disney World in my opinion.

Upvote 0

cb3k

Original Poster
Can anyone comment on the prices...are they ridiculously high, or not too shabby for what you are getting...Also if anyone has any recollection of some of the entrees (thanks for the salmon, and buffalo tenderloin) would be interested in hearing some of them...I did not see a menu for that particular restaurant on this site.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

The prices are on the higher side, especially for some of the entrees. I've been there three times and have always had their salmon. It's their signature dish, and it's delicious. I also recommend the portobello soup and the berry cobbler for dessert.

It's an upscale place with excellent food, but it doesn't feel stuffy in any way.

And here's a menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ap.htm

Upvote 0

popkid

Ahhh, the salmon - good stuff.

I enjoy Artist Point. It's a casual sort of romantic setting. As for the prices, a dinner for two can easily top $100.

Here is our receipt:

2 Soda......................$4.38
Spring Roll..................$8.00
Tenderloin..................$32.00
Salmon Silverbay.........$32.00
Apple Tart..................$8.00
+ tip

Its a very relaxing setting which is a nice change from the hustle of the theme parks. I highly recommend it.

Did I mention the food is delicious!

Upvote 0

cb3k

Original Poster
Thats not tooo bad....If anyone has another good restaurant (outside of the parks at a Disney Resort) and would care to share that would be greatly appreciated...looking for a nicer dining experience thats a good "date spot" since it will be with my GF for our birthdays (theyre both in August). Thank you to those who have helped so far...much appreciated.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

We ate at Artist Point once. It was good. The service was excellent. Prices seemed a little high but then it's an upscale restaurant with fancy food.

What was disappointing actually was that it was night time and you couldn't see much outside the windows. I had always heard about what a scenic place it is.

Take a look at Citricos and Narcoossee's in the Grand Floridian as alternatives.

:drevil:

Upvote 0

righttrack

Thats not tooo bad....If anyone has another good restaurant (outside of the parks at a Disney Resort) and would care to share that would be greatly appreciated...looking for a nicer dining experience thats a good "date spot" since it will be with my GF for our birthdays (theyre both in August). Thank you to those who have helped so far...much appreciated.

I enjoy California Grill at The Contemporary Resort. I'd say that its best if you like Sushi, since thats where much of its greatness comes from. There is a varied menu there, however. Something for everybody, great location!

The Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts is the ultimate experience, though quite expensive and its tough to get reservations months in advance. If you are a "foodie" this is good for you.

Upvote 0
We stayed at the WL in January...we had to eat at Artist Point because my then DD's boyfriend was doing his internship there. The night we ate there, they got engaged on the beach after dinner. Because of that, when I think of Artist Point my memory of the food is not what I usually think about. Now it’s just how I'm going to pay for the wedding…anyway…what I remember of the food was delightful. I’m a real meateater and was satisfied with the buffalo steak. The scallops that I had were a little under done for my taste, but the mushroom soup was to die for! My future son-in-law knows how to make the soup now and was offered a position there after college, so when he asked for permission to marry my daughter:cry:, before their walk on the beach; the soup weighed heavily in my decision…LOL:slurp:

Upvote 0

sleepybear

My future son-in-law knows how to make the soup now and was offered a position there after college, so when he asked for permission to marry my daughter:cry:, before their walk on the beach; the soup weighed heavily in my decision…LOL:slurp:

As well it should have! You're my kind of guy.

(And congrats on the wedding. Remember, you're not losing a daughter. You're gaining a son. And soup.)

Upvote 0
As well it should have! You're my kind of guy.

(And congrats on the wedding. Remember, you're not losing a daughter. You're gaining a son. And soup.)

Hey...maybe he (my future "son") can plan the menu for the reception and include that soup? I know the father of the bride does none of the planning (And I really don't want to anyway!) But since my check book will be covering this thing, maybe the two of us, (he and I) can talk the women (the bride and my wife) into an Artist Point menu...:king: Then after they leave on their honeymoon, my DW and I can head down to good old WDW to compair it once again with the real thing. One more good reason why I bought into the DVC!!!:slurp:

Upvote 0

popkid

We had our one year anniversary dinner at the California Grill. It was our first time there and they certainly didn't dissapoint. A little pre-planning got us prime seating at the windows to watch Wishes while we eat. I can't find the receipt for that dinner (I save everything from our WDW trips) but I know the total was near $200.

Keep in mind that's without alcohol as neither of us are drinkers. The sushi was excellent, probably the best you'll find on property.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

California Grill with a window seat to watch the MK Fireworks....couldnt beat this for the ultimate "Date Spot"....you will score lots of points for that!
Reviews on California Grill: http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=162&cat=all

As mentioned though the best food (and highest price$$) would be Victoria & Alberts. Romantic, elegant and a real foodies delight!

Also here is another link with lots of reviews on Artist Point:
http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=209&cat=all

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

I ate at Artist Point in Aug. '05. The food was very good (I had the Salmon, the wife had the Buffalo steak). I was put off by the prices. It didn't blow me away enough to want to use to sit down meals from the Dining Plan to eat there again. I'd much rather go to Boma. Go and try it yourself, though.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

When it comes to Disney dining, when is it not expensive?

The meal that I ate there was good (if pricey.) I was actually more impressed by the dessert than my entre.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom