Artist Point/Carriage Ride/electric water parade

sbkline

On our next trip, I had planned a supper at Artist Point. I recently decided that maybe we should do our carraige ride at Ft Wilderness this time, instead of at POR again, like we did in April (we stayed at POR that time and plan to next year as well). Then, I thought maybe we'd do that water pageant thing that I've seen so much talk about. So, from Artist Point, where do I go fo the carraige ride and where do I go for the water parade?

And what IS the electric water parade? And, can you see the MK fireworks from there?

tigsmom

On our next trip, I had planned a supper at Artist Point. I recently decided that maybe we should do our carraige ride at Ft Wilderness this time, instead of at POR again, like we did in April (we stayed at POR that time and plan to next year as well). Then, I thought maybe we'd do that water pageant thing that I've seen so much talk about. So, from Artist Point, where do I go fo the carraige ride and where do I go for the water parade?

And what IS the electric water parade? And, can you see the MK fireworks from there?

Well you said the carriage ride is at Fort Wilderness so you would have to leave the Wilderness Lodge and take the boat over (or drive, but the boat is better IMHO) since they are not the same resort. I'm not sure where you would have to meet up with the carriage, but I would guess over by Pioneer Hall (just a short walk from the boat dock).

The Electrical Water Pageant is a bunch of light up floats that goes thru the lagoon and has music with it (its very loud and can be seen from the beach or the balcony above the pool, among other spots). No, you cannot see the MK fireworks from the WL unless you have a 6th or 7th floor room with an MK view (and thats iffy) since the trees are so tall now (and you don't get the music).

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Well you said the carriage ride is at Fort Wilderness so you would have to leave the Wilderness Lodge and take the boat over (or drive, but the boat is better IMHO) since they are not the same resort. I'm not sure where you would have to meet up with the carriage, but I would guess over by Pioneer Hall (just a short walk from the boat dock).

I was thinking you could walk from WL to FW. I remember seeing Samantha Brown walking in that area and there being a sign that points one way to FW and the other to WL. Am I mistaken on this, or can you walk from one to the other?

The Electrical Water Pagent is a bunch of light up floats that goes thru the lagoon and has music with it (its very loud and can be seen from the beach or the balcony above the pool, among other spots). No, you cannot see the MK fireworks from the WL unless you have a 6th or 7th floor room with an MK view (and thats iffy) since the trees are so tall now (and you don't get the music).

Cool, it looks kind of like the light parade at MK...we may have to go see that. But I was wondering if we can see it from Fort Wilderness, not the Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

You can walk, but I wouldn't try it at night (thru the woods). Its not that far, but I don't think the trail will bring you out where you want to be (but I'm not really sure about that).

And you can see the water pageant from the beach at FW, it goes between the two.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
And you can see the water pageant from the beach at FW, it goes between the two.

Actually, I was referring to the MK fireworks. After I made that post and got off the computer earlier, I realized that it probably looked like I was referring to the water pageant with that post. I know we can see that from FW, but I wondered if we could also see the fireworks from there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Actually, I was referring to the MK fireworks. After I made that post and got off the computer earlier, I realized that it probably looked like I was referring to the water pageant with that post. I know we can see that from FW, but I wondered if we could also see the fireworks from there.

Probably not, because its around the bend in the lagoon. If you want to see the fireworks, but not go to the MK head over to the Poly and you can see both the fireworks and the water pageant from the beach and you get the music from the fireworks piped in. You can also see them from the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Probably not, because its around the bend in the lagoon. If you want to see the fireworks, but not go to the MK head over to the Poly and you can see both the fireworks and the water pageant from the beach and you get the music from the fireworks piped in. You can also see them from the Contemporary.

I see. Thanks. :wave:

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

Cool! I didn't think about the carriage ride and seeing the electric water parade. I think DH and I will do that now. We booked our ADR for Artist Point. Thanks for letting me steal your suggestion. ;)

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

Just remember to bring some fancier cloths... Artist Point has a dress attir... Business Casual:

Men: Dress slacks, jeans, trousers, or dress shorts, short or long-sleeved shirt with a collar required. Jackets are optional.

Ladies: Jeans, skirts, or dress shorts with blouse or sweater, or a dress required.

Not permitted in dining room: tank tops, swimming suits or swim suit cover ups, t-shirts, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing of any kind.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

Just remember to bring some fancier cloths... Artist Point has a dress attir... Business Casual:

Men: Dress slacks, jeans, trousers, or dress shorts, short or long-sleeved shirt with a collar required. Jackets are optional.

Ladies: Jeans, skirts, or dress shorts with blouse or sweater, or a dress required.

Not permitted in dining room: tank tops, swimming suits or swim suit cover ups, t-shirts, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing of any kind.

From what I heard from a CM on the phone, they said NO JEANS. They said business casual only and they consider jeans as not business casual. Again, this is what I heard from two different CM on the 407-WDW-DINE.

Upvote 0

alanbrai

I have stayed at WL on the fifth floor with my balcony on the MK side and all I saw for fireworks was the about 15% of them and that was only the very very very high ones

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Cool! I didn't think about the carriage ride and seeing the electric water parade. I think DH and I will do that now. We booked our ADR for Artist Point. Thanks for letting me steal your suggestion. ;)

You didn't steal it...you bought it. The bill will be in your mailbox in a couple of days. :p :D

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

From what I heard from a CM on the phone, they said NO JEANS. They said business casual only and they consider jeans as not business casual. Again, this is what I heard from two different CM on the 407-WDW-DINE.

The Business Casual quote was taken direct from the Disney World website.

Upvote 0

RLMickey

I work at Artist Point

Hey, I work at Artist Point so feel free to ask away anything you would like ot know about the restaurant or the menu....:wave:

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

Hey, I work at Artist Point so feel free to ask away anything you would like ot know about the restaurant or the menu....:wave:

Are jeans allowed or not allowed? Disney's own website says yes but people are being told by the Dining CMs WDW-DINE that your not allowed.

EDIT:Also... I hate the Business Casual... I wanted so badly to get into Artist Point last week during my stay to make up for my wife having to go to the hospital and missing out on 2 days of fun... but since I had nothing but T's I couldnt do it.... shame, cause it seemed pretty dead there to me all week.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Are jeans allowed or not allowed? Disney's own website says yes but people are being told by the Dining CMs WDW-DINE that your not allowed.

EDIT:Also... I hate the Business Casual... I wanted so badly to get into Artist Point last week during my stay to make up for my wife having to go to the hospital and missing out on 2 days of fun... but since I had nothing but T's I couldnt do it.... shame, cause it seemed pretty dead there to me all week.

You should have gone into the Mercantile and bought a WL Polo shirt. And Jeans are allowed, I've seen people in there wearing them (just make sure they are not the ripped up lived in kind).

Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant. :king:

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

You should have gone into the Mercantile and bought a WL Polo shirt. And Jeans are allowed, I've seen people in there wearing them (just make sure they are not the ripped up lived in kind).

Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant. :king:

I did go into the Mercantile but nothing was worth putting the bucks out for. Sad because 9 yrs ago their selection was 1000% better and I made sure to mention that a couple times while in there. Next time though I will be prepared. :cool:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I did go into the Mercantile but nothing was worth putting the bucks out for. Sad because 9 yrs ago their selection was 1000% better and I made sure to mention that a couple times while in there. Next time though I will be prepared. :cool:

That'll teach ya! :lol:

Whenever we travel I always pack a "nice" outfit for everyone, just in case.
Then again I've been doing this a long time and the kids are teenagers now.

There are plenty of places to pick up something nice at WDW, but you have to be willing to pay.

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

9 yrs ago it seems that there were a ton of things I wanted and couldnt afford them and now this trip I could afford anything I wanted and even after walking into EVERY store in all the parks as well as other resorts I was at... all I came home with was a WL shirt and a WDW shirt. :shrug:

Upvote 0

RLMickey

Attire...

I honestly am not sure if they turn people away. I know it is frowned upon to not be in some type of nice clothing. It is a signature restaurant, one of the best ones on property, and even with any other fine dining outside of Disney, its a special occasion type meal, because of the price. So why not get a little dressed up and enjoy it. Especially with how the prices have been raised.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom