Article on Universal-Disney

radiohost

I went today for the first time in about 6 years. I had never been to IOA (I've lived in FL all of my life and never got around to going) and hadn't visited US in awhile either. I figured today was the day to check it out. My buddy who works there insisted we go at 2 because he said "we could probably do it all in 2 hours"----He wasn't exaggerating or kidding at all.

Before I continue, I want everyone to know that even though I am a CM I am by no means one of those anti-universal people. Now that that is out of the way.....WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?!? My childhood memories were completely shattered upon entering. It looked like a bomb had fallen on that park. When we went through the gates we noticed a lot of very VERY weird streetsmosphere people out (I guess from the Macys day parade). It was a joke.... these people looked like someone you hire for 5$/hour to make animal balloons at your kids party. Very weird indeed. There were some cute girls though.... but anyways...

The park seemed dirty and everything had less than a 10 minute wait. Ironically, the Mummy had a 5 minute wait. Mummy was OK... a little cooler than what I expected but nothing amazing by any means. BTTF is horrible and shouldn't even be opened. Didn't care to do anything else since I remember everything as they haven't added a whole lot since I last visited.

I won't be totally negative though. I enjoyed IOA... I loved how it was themed and some of the rides were pretty cool. Spiderman is awesome and to be honest it's better than anything Disney currently has (at least at DL and WDW). Didn't do the water rides since it was cloudy and chilly out but I imagine they're fun too. Once again lines were listed as 5 minutes long and we just walked onto everything. It was pretty sad to see how incredibly dead those two parks are. I would give anything to walk around WDW and walk onto everything like we did today.

My only real complaint is the team members there. They weren't rude or anything that I've read on the boards, but they just seemed "blah". I saw a lot with their hands in their pockets...arms crossed...looked bored..... hell, I saw one woman PL__________G HER EYEBROWS!

Basically the place needs to get it together. IOA is fine as far as the park goes but the Studios is seriously lacking and looked like a piece of crap.

And that is why Universal will never win!!!!! Very good insight and thanks for sharing.....Disney will always improve, dont worry folks, sooner than you think attention will be placed back to the MK...MGM i think will get a good makeover soon, and all will be pleasant for the time being untill the imagineers do there stuff to make the place better!!! and there will sit universal, scratching there heads trying to figure out what the heck happened!!!:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom