Trip Report Artfully Dodged

Please sir, I want some more!

More trip reporting?

Ask, and Ye Olde Christmas Shop shall receive!

This is an actual PTR, so please refrain from aiming a blow at my head with your digital ladle.

Who: I'll tell you this, there will be dogs involved.

Where: Somewhere on the Broadwalk

When: Sooner than you think. Waaaay sooner than you think.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Your TR is making me really miss having a Malinois, but staying with our decision to Rescue Vizslas when we can. But may not be as likely to rule out a rescue Mal in the future that with be a good fit with the dog(s) we may have at that time.

Enabler!

Here, these baby pics of Edith should help 😁🤣

Screenshot_20230924_094753_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230924_094022_Gallery.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday Extendo continued..

We met up with Zeldas family for one more ride on Slinky Dog Dash.

1175397490_HIGH.jpg

It was park closing time soon after and we headed out. Edith had been stepping in to assist Zeldas young boy while she was on the sideline still.

Even tho Ediths service training is not for assisting a young child and guiding them, she was able to catch on very quickly and it was another great experience for her training this trip. As we exited the park, ot was crowded and the young boy kept a good grip on her harness as she guided and watched him.

Screenshot_20230924_100113_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230924_100148_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230924_100224_Instagram.jpg

She even got some pets from him as we chatted outside the park

Screenshot_20230924_100314_Instagram.jpg

We parted ways and headed back to the room for a good night's rest and left to drive back home under the cover of darkness early the next day. Nobody will see us do the walk of shame!

This was another awesome experience for training at WDW and a great time hanging with Z and her family as we have become.good friends over the last year.

I'll be posting my overall thoughts on the trip next, and a little bonus TR action as a thank you for those of you who followed along. Even those who just wanted to stir up trouble! 😉

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Deep thoughts...by 9000

These lat two trips have been extremely helpful in regards to being able to offer our clients a much better education on bringing their dogs to WDW and also to help me in improving some of our training scenarios back home to better prepare the dogs for environments as busy and crowded as WDW and similar places.

As far as this trip, September offered some decent weather. The daytime temperatures definitely got hot but nothing too unbearable. Morning and evenings were very pleasant.

Crowd levels were low to medium. Definitely not the "ghost town" you keep seeing news articles describe it as. And early Septmeber is not peak season but there are definitely people visiting the parks.

As with most of our trips, there were several things I planned to do but didn't get to it. I had wanted to visit Riveria and get the chicken sandwich at Bar Riva but the stars didn't align for it to happen. Same for Beaches and Cream . Fun fact: as many times as we have stayed at YC, BC, and Boardwalk, we have yet to eat at or even order anything from Beaches and Cream.

I was however able to accomplish many of the tasks I wanted such as riding Haunted Mansion with a dog, trying The Bellevue Lounge, checking out the new rooms at Boardwalk Inn (with all the "hidden mickeys" lol), and getting to see some of the kennels for attractions I did not get to see on my last trip.

The biggest takeaway from these last two trips is that no amount of training for the dogs will prevent grown adults from being completely rude, entitled and disruptive towards the animal while they are working.

The amount of mental energy it requires to keep your head on a swivel to prevent a situation from occurring is very draining by the end of the day. But I absolutely applaud Disney and most importantly the CM's for the efforts they make to assist families with actual service animals. From the resorts to the attractions we have had so many wonderful moments and met some awesome people. I look forward to the next working trip and to experience more of these moments!

And with that, I'd like to share some of the many photo pass pictures we took.over the trip. I was saving most of them for the end of the report to share with those who made it through this with us. Even when there were attempts to dampen the spirit with uneducated opinions. I thank all of you for following along with Edith and I and please enjoy our pics!

1171496983_HIGH (1).jpg

1171496732_HIGH.jpg

1172331374_HIGH (1).jpg

1172692436_HIGH.jpg

1172922823_HIGH.jpg

1173710027_HIGH.jpg

1173939180_HIGH.jpg

1174837189_HIGH.jpg

1174837369_HIGH.jpg

Tiki Traveler

Thank you for your trip reports. They should be required reading for those bringing dogs into the parks who do not have legitimate service training like your dogs have.

We are a rescue dog family. We joke our last dog should have had the middle name, “money pit” for all the $ we spent on behavioral training and healthcare. She’s passed now but she was truly priceless to our family.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your trip reports. They should be required reading for those bringing dogs into the parks who do not have legitimate service training like your dogs have.

We are a rescue dog family. We joke our last dog should have had the middle name, “money pit” for all the $ we spent on behavioral training and healthcare. She’s passed now but she was truly priceless to our family.
Speaking with the CMs and hearing some of their stories about fake service animals would make a good coffee table book 🤣

Amd God Bless you for the rescue work you do! We work with a rescue group here and the time and effort rescue families put in is truly amazing.

littleroo

Loved this trip report and certainly fell in love with Edith even from a distance! The pictures at the end had me teary eyed. I applaud what you do and your ability to let go when the time comes! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for your next trip! (Is there one planned?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom