Art of Animation

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
Thanks for all the positive responses. Despite having to cancel this year the kids are super excited about next year so it'll hopefully be a great holiday.

I'm just hoping the refurb of big blue isn't delayed and moved till next year.

BASS

So, I don't want to be "Negative Nancy," but I stayed once and we haven't returned. Let me give you my frank opinion.

On the plus side, the theming is very kid-friendly, particularly if kids are under 10 or so. If your kids are into any of the movies highlighted there, that's great. The pool area is great and also kid-friendly. We stayed at the Lion King suite (the one with the Murphy bed) and it was spacious and nice. The kitchenette was a major plus.

On the down side, there is a lot of walking as mentioned. But what kind of bugged me the most was just how jam-packed the resort constantly was, no matter what time of day. For me personally, I want some respite from the crowds at the parks and felt that I never got away from the commotion. I'm willing to pay more just to feel like I'm actually on vacation for a few hours back at the hotel!

Regardless, you and your family will enjoy it.

Scott10

A lot of walking, yes.....but we always went into our Disney vacation knowing that walking would be a major part of the vacation. The theming of this resort makes the walking very enjoyable. We stayed in a LM room a few years ago and our girls loved it. As has been mentioned, the big blue pool was a lot of fun for our kids to listen to the music under water and the stroll around the different sections of the resort provided so many photo ops.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I absolutely loved AoA when I got to stay there for my senior trip in high school 5 years ago!

I had the Lion King family suite... Amazing! It was pricey, but it was the first time I had ever stayed at a Disney resort. I personally thought it was worth it. I've stayed at Music, Pop (twice), and Movies in the past and this one is still at the top for me, personally.

PolynesianPrincess

We stayed there in January in a Lion King suite. It was a great location right next to the main building. Not sure we would stay there if we were in a standard room though as they are pretty far from the main building. The Skyliner is amazing though. No busses to Epcot and DHS and we never had to wait in line to get on the skyliner other than at Epcot at park closing. Every other time we walked right on. I would pick Pop over AOA for a standard room.

Mickey Pride

I have stayed at AoA the LM room and thought it was great. The pool area(The Big Blue) is also very nice. I have also stayed at POP though and if it came down to choosing between those two resorts I'd easily go with POP. The resort layout just seemed better to me. I love POP.

britdaw

We stayed in one of the Cars family suites during our last trip and absolutely LOVED the resort and all there is to see there. I didn't mind the walking around the property (I love reading the little trivia tidbits about each movie in each themed area), and the pools were great- especially the Big Blue Pool in the Finding Nemo area. My kids also really loved looking at the images in the lobby, and on the chandelier as well. I would definitely stay there again! The theming in the rooms is a little overstimulating for me in all the other areas other than the Cars wing, but the size of the rooms and the awesome food court were two big "pros" to staying there.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Does anyone know the state of the remodel on the LM rooms? Has the remodel been in progress since March, or did the stop all activity at AoA?
Disney updated the website with the new rooms, which they usually only do once a refurbishment is complete. That’s not a guarantee, there was a building and a half left to go when they closed, but it’s something I noticed this week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom