Art of Animation or Wilderness Lodge?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all your insight! We are planning to see if any summer discounts come out, last year we got one around April... We also have to make sure the snow lets up here so we don't have to RESCHEDULE everything. :( My best friend is a teacher and may be going to school longer than expected if she gets a few more snow days. :(

Other than that, rescheduling for wilderness lodge is a go!!!

PartOfYourWorld

I'll agree with everyone here...if you can upgrade to the WL DO IT!

Just stayed at the WL for 3 nights this past September and it BLEW ME AWAY. Being a boat ride away from the MK and it's just an overall beautiful resort.

Also, I stayed in a LM room for the last two nights of our honeymoon last May after our cruise...I'm a HUGE Little Mermaid fan and was excited to stay in the rooms. I liked them, but I would prefer to save extra $$ and spend more to stay at a moderate or a deluxe. If you don't mind walking, the walk from the LM rooms to the lobby was 5-10 minutes. The room was very well themed and really cute. But it's no WL trust me. Also, I found alot more kids at AoA obviously being family suites mostly and all.

Hopefully no more snow days and you guys can upgrade if you choose too! :D

jlsHouston

I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge for the first time in 2 weeks and now I'm even MORE excited to get there!

We are going back to WL in March. I was utterly blown away by how much I loved that place this past November. I had only booked 4 nights there and the rest of the trip at BW because I was concerned the rooms would be too small or dark or the WiFi wouldn't work well....
I love that resort. Yes I love the Epcot resorts but WL is so beautiful and peaceful and the options you have for things to do are very unique for that resort.
I can't wait to get back there in March!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I'll agree with everyone here...if you can upgrade to the WL DO IT!

Just stayed at the WL for 3 nights this past September and it BLEW ME AWAY. Being a boat ride away from the MK and it's just an overall beautiful resort.

Also, I stayed in a LM room for the last two nights of our honeymoon last May after our cruise...I'm a HUGE Little Mermaid fan and was excited to stay in the rooms. I liked them, but I would prefer to save extra $$ and spend more to stay at a moderate or a deluxe. If you don't mind walking, the walk from the LM rooms to the lobby was 5-10 minutes. The room was very well themed and really cute. But it's no WL trust me. Also, I found alot more kids at AoA obviously being family suites mostly and all.

Hopefully no more snow days and you guys can upgrade if you choose too! :D

You sold me on wilderness!! We have to change our trip to August and will definitely be upgrading to wilderness lodge. I love the little mermaid but maybe next time haha

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We are going back to WL in March. I was utterly blown away by how much I loved that place this past November. I had only booked 4 nights there and the rest of the trip at BW because I was concerned the rooms would be too small or dark or the WiFi wouldn't work well....
I love that resort. Yes I love the Epcot resorts but WL is so beautiful and peaceful and the options you have for things to do are very unique for that resort.
I can't wait to get back there in March!

I can't wait for you to go back!! Take pics for me!!!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Good Choice.

You're young, alive and living in America baby.

Whaddya gonna do with that extra 180 bucks anyway!!??
You know how many times we go around the ride? Once. One freaking time.
Come on now, whaddya waiting for? the WL ain't gonna book itself.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Good Choice.

You're young, alive and living in America baby.

Whaddya gonna do with that extra 180 bucks anyway!!??
You know how many times we go around the ride? Once. One freaking time.
Come on now, whaddya waiting for? the WL ain't gonna book itself.

Haha, this post has made my night :)

Booking wilderness lodge this thursday! Unfortunately we have to change our trip until August, so we will probably be on the phone for awhile! Gosh darn foot of snow expected later this week in Jersey. Ruining my Disney vacation!!! :)

Glasgow

Ben-Stiller-Do-It-Starsky-and-Hutch.gif

sm57co

I agree with the others. Try Wilderness if you have the opportunity. Same architect as Animal Kingdom. It's beautiful. I like all the resorts but there is something really nice about not having your door open directly to the outside. We are on the "moderate" budget these days but had an opportunity to stay at WL a few years ago. The small boat service directly to Magic Kingdom is such a great/exciting little trip. A ride in itself - almost worth one of your coveted 3 FP+'s :) I'll go one step further too - not sure if you can do this but try to request room 4034. This isn't a luxury suite or anything - if you go out on the balcony, you look to the left at the parking lot/loading dock ... blah... BUT look straight ahead and a clear shot of the castle through a little opening in the trees. I'd sit there every night before bed. Best view I ever had. I'll try and post a pic ...

2011-view.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I agree with the others. Try Wilderness if you have the opportunity. Same architect as Animal Kingdom. It's beautiful. I like all the resorts but there is something really nice about not having your door open directly to the outside. We are on the "moderate" budget these days but had an opportunity to stay at WL a few years ago. The small boat service directly to Magic Kingdom is such a great/exciting little trip. A ride in itself - almost worth one of your coveted 3 FP+'s :) I'll go one step further too - not sure if you can do this but try to request room 4034. This isn't a luxury suite or anything - if you go out on the balcony, you look to the left at the parking lot/loading dock ... blah... BUT look straight ahead and a clear shot of the castle through a little opening in the trees. I'd sit there every night before bed. Best view I ever had. I'll try and post a pic ...

View attachment 46148

WHAT A VIEW!! I will try and request that room! Thanks for your tips! Had boat service to DTD at POFQ and I loved just sitting on that boat watching the scenery pass. I'm sure I'll LOVE a boat ride to MK. What could be better?!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Boy ain't that the truth. You're saying for $ 60 bucks more a night each one's cost which for 3 nights is $ 180 a piece you can stay at WL. I would do it.
Keeping in mind AofA is really well themed and Disney's newest resort. And if all you are going to do at a resort is sleep and shower then you know that is almost $ 400 bucks saved between the two of you that you can spend on souvenirs. I have never stayed at AofA so I can't really sing it's praises or give you the negatives.
But I have stayed at WL so I will sing a praise song for you on why you should consider going deluxe for your short trip.
You will pull up to the entry of a huge grand wooden structure that makes you feel like you are in Montana. When you enter the lobby it only gets more grand. Intricate wood designs everywhere, a wonderful rustic earthy feel to it and very happy Disney employees will greet you and make you feel at home.
Once you are checked in, whether you spend anytime at the room or resort, when you do leave for HS, you will find the bus stop has benches and shade for you while wait of the HS bus. I think it's a roped off queue standing line at AofA while you wait for a bus.
That evening when you return to dine, you will be at the resort where your room is if you want to change and clean up before dinner. After dinner depending on what time it is you can sit in the lobby with some wine and visit with your friend enjoying the surroundings or you can go out to the beach area and catch the Electrical Water Parade..or heck do both.
On your MK day you will be able to travel by boat into MK rather than bus which is really fun and a nice way to travel. Or you could catch the boat to the CONT and then monorail into MK. We did that a couple of times and had breakfast at CONT too.
It's a nice pool at WL with a fun slide and a couple of hot tubs.
There is a workout room too that you will have 24 hour access to.
If you can afford the $ 180 a piece and it doesn't take away from your spending money...I would certainly stay at WL.
WOW. I think you just sold the **** outta me! You need to work for the Wilderness Lodge! Thank so much for your detailed account of why staying there would be better! I think it's time to call Disney for an UPGRADE :)

o_O
Yeah @jlsHouston just pretty much sold the **** outta me too and I've never had any desire to stay at WL :hilarious:

Matt and Kelly

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful. I would definitely upgrade especially for an extra $180. We will be going back to WL in September and I am totally looking forward to it. Love the décor, the ambience and everything else that surrounds the grounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom