Arriving on Sunday

teressadarling

My mother an I are arriving on Sunday Sept. 15 around noon. We are staying at Boardwalk Inn and are very excited for this will be are first time to stay on site. My question is which park should we start? I was thinking Animal Kingdom. Also, any recommendations for a Birthday Dinner? It is my Mom's birthday while we are there and I would like to do something in Epcot or Magic Kingdom. Any help would be appreciated. Just 9 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

wannabeBelle

Hey there!! Good luck on your trip!! But for the first day I definitely WOULDNT do AK. If you look over the hours of all the parks you will see this one closes the earliest on any given day. I usually do EPCOT or MGM for the first day as these tend to stay open later. As far as a Birthday dinner, where to start!!! There are so many awesome places for that. What night is Mom's Bday on? That might make a difference as to where you want to be. At some point when you are in the Magic Kingdom stop by Guest Relations and ask for a birthday button for her to wear. It is free and a nice memory. As far as the other stuff I have a few ideas but they really do depend on the date of the birthdayor the night you want to celebrate. Post that info or send me a private message and Ill try to help. Belle

Upvote 0

Mag1575

I know that Norway presents Birthday guests with their own Birthday cake. I don't know if you want to eat at a buffet for your Mother's Birthday, but the food is excellent.

Mark

P.S. Do Epcot the first day, it is the least crowded of the four parks. At least that has always been my experience

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

Since you are staying at the Boardwalk, I would do Epcot the first day. This way you can walk around the Boardwalk to get there. And if you get tired, you can stroll on home. You won't be dependant on a bus. Have a great time!:)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I think all of the full service restaurants will give you a birthday cake, as long as you give them a "heads up" when making your PS. We had my son's birthday dinner at The Rose and Crown....delicious cake, great beer for the 'rents, wonderful CMs, and Illuminations to boot...a perfect evening! :sohappy:

And I agree with everyone else...go to Epcot or the Studios your first day/evening.

Upvote 0

Maria

Go to Epcot for your first day... I´m not sure how many days you are staying and if that will be your only chance to go to that park... if so, then pick the Studios...it´s smaller. You could do some rides and Fantasmicand you can always finish with it on the day you visit AK, once this one closes. If you have more days, then do Epcot to start and walk to it... it´s very nice.

Also, on the 15th and 16th, Mexican Independence is celebrated in Epcot. (I remember that´s how it was when I was working there). I would think the Mariachi Cobre will definitely be there and they might have some extra performances. Not to miss! (Same as Norwegian Independence Day on May 16th... not to miss!). :animwink:

Have a great trip! You can check entertainment schedule to catch at WSC at http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/EPCOT.htm

:animwink:

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Originally posted by teressadarling
My mother an I are arriving on Sunday Sept. 15 around noon. We are staying at Boardwalk Inn and are very excited for this will be are first time to stay on site. My question is which park should we start? I was thinking Animal Kingdom. Also, any recommendations for a Birthday Dinner? It is my Mom's birthday while we are there and I would like to do something in Epcot or Magic Kingdom. Any help would be appreciated. Just 9 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I can't think of anything better than dinner at the Castle on your birthday, so I'd recommend Cinderalla's Royal Table.

It's pricey, but would be a great memory.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

We are arriving at the All Star Music resort the same day! We are doing MK first, but that is more to appease my 3 year old who will be getting over a 19 hour car ride!:)

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
get her a b-day pin...it's great!!! i ate at chef mickey's for my very sweet 16 and saw the castle from my table...i suggest that esp. if she is a big disney nut,

a disney nut,

Anna Elizabeth

Upvote 0

Michael C

Agreed

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
... for the first day I definitely WOULDNT do AK. If you look over the hours of all the parks you will see this one closes the earliest on any given day. I usually do EPCOT or MGM for the first day as these tend to stay open later.

I agree that Epcot or MGM are good places to start. We like to start with Epcot because it sets a great tone. It has a special sort of magic, and it's often the favorite park for adults. When people go to MK first, they sort of expect that same level of excitement everywhere and can be disappointed. I'm not sure why I am not fond of the idea of AK first, but I wouldn't do it.

For birthday stuff, it depends on your personalities. For a fun time, I recommend the Biergarten in Germany at Epcot. They have the high spirited Oktoberfedt Musikanten (a cool oompah band) and a festive atmosphere. My wife and I ate our first meal there on our honeymoon in July, and it was one of the top 3 highlights of our lengthy WDW stay. The band is very good about offering special toasts to birthday folks (and newleyweds :animwink: ) and the pork loin is the best I've ever tasted. I can't even start on about the desserts, lest I start booking my own trip! :lol:

I'm sure you'll have a great time, whatever you decide. Have loads of fun!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom