Arrival day, which would you do?

decbysteph

Original Poster
Our first trip to WDW in December. We (DH, DD5 and I) land at 11:00 and are staying at BCV. Should we:

Eat lunch at BCV marketplace, check out the resort, then head to MK and take in Wishes at 6:00, then to 'Ohanas for dinner.
or
Check in, walk over to W.S. for lunch, take in a couple EP attractions, go back to BCV for a rest or swim, then head back to W.S. for dinner.

??

Blue0ctane

Whenever we stayed at the Contemporary, my mother would have us check-in, put sunscreen on, take the monorail over to EPCOT and ride the rides, then have a late lunch.

HunnyPot

If we arrive during the day, we enjoy going to Epcot first. You can ride rides in Future World, or enjoy World Showcase. Plus, since it's your first visit, you might want your DD to see Epcot before Magic Kingdom. Even though many of us LOVE Epcot, sometimes young ones don't love it as much as MK. There are tons of fun things for the little ones at Epcot, but still at times they are disappointed by it. So, if it were me, I would choose your second option and head to WS for lunch. So many places to chose from there, and I think its so relaxing and fun. Not too exhausting for the first day.

Have a magical trip!

Ciciwoowoo

Well, airplanes sometime run late, so better to not make any plans in stone the first day.

You are going in December, so there are some AMAZING decorations in all the hotels that are worth a look. Also, in the WS, each country has its own version of Santa that is really fun to see. I would walk there are spend my time seeing that.

One of our favorite places to each on our first day is the ESPN club. That is just a walk, or boatride away from BCV. Walking around the lake is so much fun too!

Oh, I've been in December several times before, and swimming is sometimes iffy. There have been days in the 60's and days in the 80's. I don't know if you can plan on swimming, you just have to take advantage of the weather when it turns.

Have a nice time! December is such a great time to visit the World!

shoppingnut

Most definitely don't count on swimming in December, I've been there many years where it has been just too cold. If you land at 11:00, figure that you'll get to your hotel about 12-12:30ish. Plan on maybe having a light lunch at one of the resorts food courts (Yacht Club, Boardwalk) and relaxing a bit at the resort and walking around the hotels to see the decorations. I'd then head over to Epcot go on some rides, enjoy each countries holiday decor, have dinner there and see the fireworks and this way you can head back to your hotel early because you will have had a long day.

You mention fireworks at 6:00p in MK. If that is a day that MK closes at 6:00p there will be no fireworks, as that is a day that they will have MVMCP event.

*disneymagic*

Epcot the first day. Wait to do MK on a full day so you can experience more of the magic it has to offer. :)
Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom