Arrival Day plans?

decbysteph

We will be waking up at 3 a.m and landing in Orlando at 11 a.m. on our arrival day. We are staying at the Beach Club Villas and would like to do something that day. I figure by the time we stop by at the Grocery store and get to the resort it will be around 12:30/1:00? I don't want us to over do it our first day, but wondered what others do when they have been up early and are in the Epcot resort area.? (Travelers are my husband and I and our 5yr daughter) We have park hopper passes for everyday, so we don't have to worry about using a pass for half day or not. Any suggestions??

MomJackieLee

After that long in the car, you may want to just chill at the pool with a nice cool drink and let your little one swim at the kiddie pool. Another option is to go to MK and have dinner and hit some of the highlights there/meet characters if you have the energy...

Upvote 0

justducky78

I would suggest parking at the hotel and leaving your bags in the car or have the Beach Club hold them for you (if you can't get early check-in). Take a walk over to the boardwalk, have lunch/walk around and then go back to check-in and change/shower/nap/pool. Then head to Epcot for the evening and fireworks if you're not too tired.

Or, head to Downtown Disney and spend the afternoon shopping. It's up to you. We hardly ever hit the parks on a travel day. We usually check-in and unpack, have lunch at hotel, spend the afternoon by the pool or go shopping.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

From my experience from an early start to the day (it sounds like you are flying in), take it easy that arrivl day. Because that exhaustion will hit you about dinner time....at least it did with us. So,go to the pool, walk around the baordwalk area, but rest also. You want to make sure you will have energy for the parks the next day and not have any early melt downs.

So, unpack, check out your resort, maybe buy some things at the resort shops (autograph book and big pen etc) and have a casual meal. Let your DD decide....maybe she likes pizza (Boardwalk area ) or Burgers (Beaches and Cream). If the weather is nice, go for a swim....great for tired muscles. Take some pictures around the resort....you might forget later.

Have fun! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

decbysteph said:
We will be waking up at 3 a.m and landing in Orlando at 11 a.m. on our arrival day. We are staying at the Beach Club Villas and would like to do something that day. I figure by the time we stop by at the Grocery store and get to the resort it will be around 12:30/1:00? I don't want us to over do it our first day, but wondered what others do when they have been up early and are in the Epcot resort area.? (Travelers are my husband and I and our 5yr daughter) We have park hopper passes for everyday, so we don't have to worry about using a pass for half day or not. Any suggestions??
One small problem will be if you can't get early check-in you may want to wait on the groceries, I don't know if they have a way to keep them cold for you. Otherwise just relax by the pool, ( which is one of the best at WDW), have a small snack at Beaches and Cream, then later walk over to Int'l Gateway into world showcase and enjoy.

Upvote 0

decbysteph

Original Poster
Thanks for your replys! We will be flying in, and we are going in December. So I'm thinking it will be too cold for swimming?? We are arriving on 12/7 which is a Thursday and looks like they probably will be scheduling MVMCP at MK that night. We are planning on taking that in on the day after, but I know my daughter really wants to see some characters, especially the princesses right away. How long does it take to get to MK from Beach Club? Should we just do a walk through Boardwalk and then walk to World Showcase for dinner (Ankerhus dinner with princesses)? We will only be there for 4 days.

Upvote 0
Tradition

I dont know how tired you will be when you arrive but my family tradition is to always go to Magic Kingdom if we have enough energy on our first day. We just go in for a couple of hours and sometimes hit all of the Mountains and maybe catch a show but we usually dont do much because we go there again for the next day all day so its up to you but I just thought Id share my tradition with you. Have a great time! Wish I was there!!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I try to always hit the Magic Kingdom on the first day no matter how much time i have. Unless the park closes in 2 hours. But for me i even hit Downtown Disney first.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom