Arrival Day at your Resort.....

Pluto15

Original Poster
Hi all,

I have been planning my upcoming trip and I was wondering if you have any regular traditions / favourite things you do on your arrival and 1st day at the resort.

Do you chill for a few hour in your resort or make a fast dash for the parks. Do you have a park you always start off at.

Keen to read what everyone's first day plans look like :)

Hope you all have s magical day!

disney4life2008

I usually try to arrive at my Resort before noon. If im lucky and my room I usually grab a light lunch in the food court then ffreshen up in my room. Then head to the magic kingdom by 215pm for the 3pm parade (simply amazing). There is no other way to start my vacation. I am usually leave magic kingdom mid evening and head to Hollywood studios for fantasmic.

JasonDeyoung

I too try to get checked in around noon or earlier. If rooms ready I unpack, freshen up, grab a quick lunch and head to usually mk for a early evening start. If rooms not ready stick the bag in luggage services and hop the first bus I see lol

G00fyDad

We arrive around 11am, check in to the resort, then head to DTD for the day. By the time we arrive the bulk of people are already arriving at the parks for the day and since that day is always a Friday we choose to skip parks that day and go to DTD to shop.

aeillill

If we get to our hotel before 2ish we'll definitely hit the parks, otherwise we just skip the parks and start early the next day, maybe go to DTD or explore a different resort.. The first park we visit though absolutely has to be the Magic Kingdom though, even if it's only for a few hours and then we go off to a different park. The smell, sights, and sounds of Main Street are the perfect way to really get into the Disney spirit IMO.

aw14

Hi all,

I have been planning my upcoming trip and I was wondering if you have any regular traditions / favourite things you do on your arrival and 1st day at the resort.

Do you chill for a few hour in your resort or make a fast dash for the parks. Do you have a park you always start off at.

Keen to read what everyone's first day plans look like :)

Hope you all have s magical day!
We actually take the earliest flight we can out so that we can spend the day at the park. For this trip we are flying at 650am. We have taken this flight before and we are usually at our park of choice by 11am the latest. :) We are hitting Epcot first this time around, but typically its MK.

SAV

We normally take the 6am(ish) flight out. Land and get the rental car, stop for any needed snacks/supplies, grab a quick bite off-site, get to the resort, if the room is ready, drop our stuff off and head to a park. If it isn't ready, get our MB's and head to a park. It seems to be that we go to MK first, but that isn't a set in stone tradition. Just depends on how our park days break down based on the crowd calendars.

MermaidJuli

On my first day we usually get unpacked and then go visit some of the other resorts. I love seeing all of the details and styles and differences between them all. We'll grab a bite to eat at one of the resorts, and then usually head to Magic Kingdom for a leisurely evening. We don't even usually do any big rides that day, we just take in the sights and sounds and smells (and maybe some more food!).

Tinkerbell397

We usually arrive at about 2 PM. We check in and go to our room and unpack. I like to get the room looking like home and ready for a late return from the park. All of the toiletries and clothes are unpacked and in their place so when we come home, our room is all ready to get ready for bed. Once we are unpacked, we usually go into the MK because for me.....The Magic Kingdom is really Disney. Magical!!!

Pluto15

Original Poster
On my first day we usually get unpacked and then go visit some of the other resorts. I love seeing all of the details and styles and differences between them all. We'll grab a bite to eat at one of the resorts, and then usually head to Magic Kingdom for a leisurely evening. We don't even usually do any big rides that day, we just take in the sights and sounds and smells (and maybe some more food!).

What's your fabourite resorts to visit

DisneyDebNJ

Like other posters, we take the first flight out and are usually at our resort around 10-10:30, check in, have breakfast at Kona Cafe, then head to Epcot for food and wine. Dinner is always in Epcot, watch Illuminations, then relax on the balcony at our resort, then sleep like a rock!

MermaidJuli

What's your fabourite resorts to visit
My top favorites are the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Wilderness Lodge (all in the Magic Kingdom area). The first two are right on the monorail, which makes them super easy to visit. And I love that you can take a little ferry boat ride to get from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom, or from Magic Kingdom back to Wilderness Lodge. The details that Disney put into those three are just incredible.

If I'm over near Epcot or Hollywood Studios, I also love visiting the three resorts that are on the boardwalk loop - Yacht Club, Beach Club, and the Boardwalk Inn. They're all situated around a little lake which makes it easy to walk between them and it makes you feel like you're visiting a town up on the northeast shore. The boardwalk area also has lots of little shops and restaurants to explore and it makes for a great afternoon. Also located right in that area are the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Although they aren't true "Disney resorts" (so they don't have all of the interior theme-ing that you would find at other resorts) the outside of these two hotels are really unique to see.

Pluto15

Original Poster
My top favorites are the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Wilderness Lodge (all in the Magic Kingdom area). The first two are right on the monorail, which makes them super easy to visit. And I love that you can take a little ferry boat ride to get from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom, or from Magic Kingdom back to Wilderness Lodge. The details that Disney put into those three are just incredible.

If I'm over near Epcot or Hollywood Studios, I also love visiting the three resorts that are on the boardwalk loop - Yacht Club, Beach Club, and the Boardwalk Inn. They're all situated around a little lake which makes it easy to walk between them and it makes you feel like you're visiting a town up on the northeast shore. The boardwalk area also has lots of little shops and restaurants to explore and it makes for a great afternoon. Also located right in that area are the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Although they aren't true "Disney resorts" (so they don't have all of the interior theme-ing that you would find at other resorts) the outside of these two hotels are really unique to see.

Is the Boardwalk In a Resort?

Disnee4Me

We prefer to just check in and go to DTD on our first day, grab a bite to eat, shop and get back to our resort for a good nights sleep so we can go to whatever park has early entry the next day. We are the diehards that do early entry and late nights. Then after a couple of days of doing this, we crash and relax, take a day off and start all over again.

EvilQueen-T

We drive so our arrival time is always the same. Since my granddaughter got old enough to go with just me we check in at the resort drive to the poly and have breakfast at Kona then head to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom