Are you trying anything new on your next trip?

jasmine217

Are you trying anything new and noteworthy on your next trip? I don't know if it's possible NOT to do something new, but I suppose there are those dedicated to the old and familiar :) nothing wrong with that, but this is my list for my July 21-27 trip:

- Animal Kingdom -- husband and I have both never been (in spite of multiple visits to the other WDW parks). With Pandora being open by that time, I'm excited to experience it.

- Resort hopping -- tentative plans include all of the Monorail-connected resorts and Boardwalk, but I need to do more research on this...I'd like to find a good brunch spot along the way.

- Planet Hollywood restaurant at DS -- I know, I know...this isn't in most "top 10" lists I see, but I let the husband pick our dinner spot for the first night, and this place screams "Orlando vacation" to him. I've also heard it has a fantastic view of all of DS from the outdoor eating area.

- Evening EMH at Epcot and MK -- this is another "I know, I know..." one, but I think it could be really fantastic for two childless adults. Epcot EMH will help us avoid the shadeless heat of Epcot during the day, and MK until 1 AM should be a good last hurrah to round out our trip.

nbreier0805

I've been going to Disney since I was very young. Now, at 23, I am going for my honeymoon and we are doing almost all new things for us. Staying at the Polynesian, Keys to the Kingdom tour, almost all new restaurants, for us. We are really looking forward to eating at Tiffins with the Rivers Of Light dining package. I can't wait for August!!

Upvote 0

PHS79

We are trying a few "new" things for our trip in December.

1. For this trip we are going to stay to Pop, we have walked the grounds at Pop on our last 2 trips when we stayed at AoA, since we are only at WDW for 5 days/4 nights we figured give Pop a try.
2. We are going to do a cruise this trip also, we are doing 5 days/ 4 nights. My wife, DD and I have never been on a cruise before so it will be new for all of us.
3. Our previous trips we have always done the Disney Dining Plan. This time around we are going to just pay for food out of pocket.

Upvote 0

Cookie Galore

Pandora! We have Fastpasses for both new rides (on different days because of the tier system) and for Rivers of Light. Also trying the new restaurant Paddlefish.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Staying at the FW Cabins. I'm nervous and excited about it bc we usually stay at Epcot hotels and this is NOT one of those. We're a family of 6 six that have been many, many times in the past (this will be my 3 year old's 5th trip), but have always stayed at Boardwalk or Swan and Dolphin. Hoping for a different but memorable experience at the Cabins!

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

I've been going to Disney since I was very young. Now, at 23, I am going for my honeymoon and we are doing almost all new things for us. Staying at the Polynesian, Keys to the Kingdom tour, almost all new restaurants, for us. We are really looking forward to eating at Tiffins with the Rivers Of Light dining package. I can't wait for August!!

Congratulations :) and what a beautiful place for a honeymoon!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

As our DS is now in college my DW trying something we have not tried in 19 years, together time, as in just the two of us. The last time that happened was on our Disney moon when we brought back a little souvenir who is now in college, but I digress.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Crystal J

Our next trip is a quick one - November 2-6 and I have quite a few 1st time experiences (I am traveling with my mom - I am 35 and enjoy traveling and she normally goes with me since she also likes to travel and my dad hates traveling).
  • Doing the two course challenge for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November - I did the Light Side Rebel Challenge at Disneyland back in January - so this will be my first Run Disney event in Florida and I get my 1st Coast to Coast medal. (Mom is just doing the 10K)
  • Also doing La Nouba that Saturday night, figured we would see the show for the 1st time before it leaves. This was actually mom's idea since it is one of those thing we always think about doing, but have never managed to fit it in since we spend most of our times in the parks. I will need to save my feet on Saturday for the half the next morning, so this fit in perfect this trip.
  • Staying on-site for the 1st time, I rented some DVC points (also a 1st) and staying at OKW (what was available) and taking the Magical Express (another 1st). Normally I stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but already had all of our Wyndham points allocated for 2017 when I decided to do the race, so we came up with a plan B.
  • Where is TBD but trying some of the new Disney Springs restaurants (last WDW trip was Oct '14 when everything was under construction) with the short list as of right now being Homecomin' and Boathouse, but subject to change.
  • Like many others - check out all of the new stuff at Animal Kingdom and also ride the Frozen ride at Epcot - all new since our last trip.
I am sure there will be many more new experiences since this is not a standard Disney trip for us. This was an extra trip that we planned to do the raced and so I could get my coast to coast medal. I have a more normal Disney trip planned December 2-10.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

La Nouba, I have never done it before as it did not really interest me, got really cheap tickets though so that will be exciting to try!
Looking forward to seeing Pandora as well.
Frozen ever after will be new for me, on my last trip I rode Maelstrom at least 7-8 times as it closed for the final time mid way through my trip. Wish Maelstrom was still there but looking forward to giving it a go.
ADR wise trying Art Smith's homecoming, 50s Prime time, Chefs de France, T-Rex and Liberty Tree Taven will all be new ADRs I ahven't tried before.
Looking forward to seeing ROL have the dining package booked for this.
So quite a lot of new things on this trip which will be good to try!

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

We always try to do something new, even if it's just a new dining ressie. This year, we have lots of new things! We are going during my fall break so we'll be there for Food and Wine for the first time, we are going to eat at Teppan Edo for the first time and do the MNNSHP, which we've never done. We usually go around Thanksgiving, and we've done MVMCP and loved it! Halloween will be fun to experience in the parks. We are also taking my mom for the first time so it'll be great to see it through her eyes!

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

I try to find unexpected extras to try when we go. The boys surfed in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon a some years ago, so they did that more than one trip. One year we did archery at Fort Wilderness Campground, that was really fun. Snorkeling in the Epcot aquarium was also fun. New restaurants are once in awhile, since we have so many favorites, but Morimoto is on the short list this trip. Pandora and ROL at AKL will be new for us, as will the new night time shows in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (we're going in Dec.). And maybe The Edison - if it's open and the dress code isn't too strict!

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Many things!

- first stay at Caribbean Beach
- Rivers of Light
- Tiffins
- Trattoria Al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast
- Hollywood Brown Derby
- first time during Flower & Garden Festival
- Boathouse
- Liberty Tree Tavern
- Morimoto Asia
- Animal Kingdom at night

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom