Trip Report Are You Serious???!!! My September Trip with a Hidden Agenda

Good evening to you all! it´s been 8 days since my last park day, and 4 days since I´ve been back home. My post-disney depression hasn´t yet started to kick in, so I figured I need to get started on this before it does, I must confess I have no notes, more than 2,500 pictures to go through (mainly in order to remember how things went), and I have a ton of work to do, but I want to ask for your patience, since this will be my first post of many, and the next one will most likely take a while to come.
For now, for those of you who didn´t read my Texty (is that even a word??) PTR and want to take a look, here´s the link

For those of you who don´t feel like reading a ton of text, just bear with me, you´re in for one of the best trips of my life, and one full of surprises.

I have to keep working for now, but I hope to be done soon so I can tell you all about my adventure. Have a magical night!!

amjt660

Premium Member
Amazing trip report
Amazing engagement story
Congratulations

I was looking at your picture in front of the castle and I thought to myself if I can be half as happy inside as the two of you look than life is all good

Max

Sarabell

Original Poster
Good morning everyone! I know I have completely neglected my TR, but I´ve been working non-stop, and I got a 3rd job (I have a wedding to save for, remember?) and life has been hectic, but I still have a couple more Disney days to tell you about and I plan to get this done in the near future. Thanks for bearing with me!!

blreinsel

Congratulations! Such a sweet engagement story. :inlove: I got teary eyed reading about it! Disney really does know how to celebrate and how to make you feel special. I felt like we were the only couple to ever get engaged in MK thanks to the amazing CM's we interacted with throughout our trip. :)

Sarabell

Original Poster
I´m back! and I have little time, so instead of replying to all you lovely comments, which I really appreciate, I will give you a short installment to continue my TR. Replies to comments will come... don´t worry, but I bet you´d rather know how the rest of my trip went. So here we go...

09/22 - Day 6 - Busch Gardens
Again, it´s not Disney, so who cares? :D

Turns out paparazzi Milo was not in the picture today, so here´s how this day went: we drove to Tampa (looong), we went to Busch Gardens, because I wanted Milo to ride all the big rollercoasters, and sice he had become so fond of thrill rides, it seemed as the perfect idea. There are a lot of rollercoasters there, so I knew he would love it.

We rode the rollercoasters (Milo loved Sheikra, which I love too. we rode maybe 5-6 times), it was extremely hot! so much that I rode the rapids twice because I was melting, so getting wet seemed like a good thing to do. Milo hates getting wet, but it really was hot, so he joined me for the rapids (he wasn´t thrilled about it, but oh well...) I was indeed soaked, and it felt kinda good for a while, until thr friction between my thighs started hurting (I was badly chafed that night, but I walways have diaper rash cream in my luggage, so all was good).

Here are the pictures I have of that day:
DSC09882.JPG

the lionesses we just as hot as we were. It was pretty cool to be that close to them.
DSC09894.JPG

DSC09914.JPG

Hello Mr Meerkat!

Aaand, that´s it! no more pictures. We rode the rides, we melted a little, we got super tired, we got in the car and went back home (again, looong drive). It was a fun day, but we both agreed that Busch Gardens looks a little beat up and old (Milo had never been off course, but he now had a few parks to compare it to, and that´s what he said), and basically the only must do there is Sheikra, but since Sea World now has Mako, which also has a 90 degree fall, that makes the trip to Busch Gardens unnecessary. We loved it, but we don´t need to go back next time.

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/23 -09/24 - Day 7,8. Disney Springs, THE Sundae, some shopping and a day with Family

I had anticipated that by the weekend, the heat and all the walking would have gotten the best of us, and I was right! We slept in, got up and ready when we felt like it, and left the house to go to Disney Springs.

I had been to Downtown Disney, but Disney Springs was a new experience for both of us. My heart was set on having a Sundae at Ghirardelli, because last time I came I didn´t have the chance (or the apetite) to try it.
IMG_20170924_131356.jpg

Oh sweet baby jesus! this thing is like pure pleasure in a cup! it has to be one of the most decadent, delicious things I have ever tried. Milo only tried a bit, and I had the rest of it. It is quite big, but I enjoyed every little bit of it.

We wandered around, I bought a couple of presents at the Harley Davidson shop, and we looked around in World of Disney.
IMG_20170924_140922_533.jpg

I browsed through the shops but didn´t find anything I loved. I did eye a few things I want for my house when I get married, but it´s too soon to start shopping for our home (Milo did say during our next trip we can buy some disney things for our house :joyfull:).

We couldn´t find anything we wanted for lunch, I was trying to find a black Mickey Mouse shirt but I couldn´t find it, and it started pouring, so we just decided to move on to the Premium outlets and grab something to eat there and look for my shirt at the Disney outlet. I did find my shirt, not my size but who cares? it was the only one, so I still have it here, ready to get it fixed and turn into something I can wear without looking like I borrowed my big sister´s shirt.

We both loved walking around Disney Springs, and I was happy I got to be in Disney even if I wasn´t at the parks.

On sunday I wanted to go see some hotels and show Milo more of Disney´s magical places, but our friends were having a berbecue and we were invited, so we stayed home with them. This is a family whose dad went to school with my dad since elementary school, and they are like brothers, and even though they live in the US, they are really close, and I lived with them for 3 months when I was in high school, so they are my family, their childern (all older than me) are my brothers and sisters, and one of their sons was here from NY with his wife and baby girl, so it was a small family gathering, and I couldn´t miss it. It was a lovely day that I enjoyed a lot, and they got to know Milo a little better (they had met him before, but it was at a party here in Colombia, so they didn´t share too much time with him). I was in heaven sharing some quality time with my family, and, although Milo understood 30% of what we were talking about, he enjoyed the day too.

09/25-26 - Day 9, 10. Universal and IoA. It´s all because of Harry Potter
DSC09929.JPG

DSC09978.JPG

Milo always had tall girlfriends, so when his best friend met me, he told him he hadn´t found a girlfriend, but a Minion. Well... turns out Minions are taller than me...:D

So continuing with the "I´m a Minion" trend, here´s me as the base of the Minion tower.

DSC09984.JPG

Transformers:
DSC00002.JPG

With the Delorean. I miss the Back to the Future ride sooo much!

DSC00047.JPG

Milo is the biggest Harry Potter fan. He knows the spells, names of the characters, plots, so we obvioulsy spent a lot of time in Diagon Alley, and Milo was in magical heaven.

DSC00064.JPG

My big Griffindor student wanna
be
DSC00081.JPG

DSC00188.JPG

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/25-26 - Day 9, 10. Universal and IoA. It´s all because of Harry Potter Continued...
DSC00214.JPG
DSC00221.JPG

Milo decided to tease Milhouse a bit, but looks like Milhouse didn´t like it so much
DSC00270.JPG
DSC00294.JPG

He loves Spongebob Squarepants
DSC00323.JPG
DSC00425.JPG

It was time to go home because the park was now closed. But Universal decided to surprise me with a World´s Greatest Wife Award. I was so thankful, although I still haven´t gotten married.
DSC00415.JPG

Leaving Citywalk,
Milo, the king of shenanigans couldn´t pass this opportunity. He went to set up for the picture, and I was cracking up when I focused the camera and saw his face
DSC00484.JPG

And after Universal, why not? another visit to Guitar Center

IMG_20170925_195608.jpg

IMG_20170925_202837.jpg

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/25-26 - Day 9, 10. Universal and IoA. It´s all because of Harry Potter Continued...

and now our day at IoA.
DSC00493.JPG

DSC00491.JPG

For some reason, as the days passed by, it got hotter. Every day seemed like the temperature rised, so needless to say, this day was really, really hot, so I decided I wanted to ride the rapids. Milo reminded me of the experience of getting wet at Busch Gardens, so he said he would stand in line with me and wait for me at the exit. To say I got soaked would be an understatement. By the time we went home at night, my shoes were still wet. Here´s how I looked after the rapids:
DSC00512.JPG

DSC00522.JPG

Off course Milo had to pick the skull´s nose at Kong
DSC00532.JPG

We went to Hogsmeade, rode Forbidden Journey about 3 times, Milo was thrilled by it, and then browsed the shops.

Milo asked me to take this picture and send it to my mom saying he had found the perfect christmas present for her :hilarious:
DSC00611.JPG

He had to take a pic with the guy selling the wands. (He did look very wise and kinds creepy)
DSC00625.JPG

DSC00679.JPG

DSC00691.JPG

It wasn´t a very long day. We finished going around the park at around 4:30 and we rode everything we wanted to, so we decided to go shopping some more and we went home pretty early. It was good to rest a little bit.

We still have our last 2 days, both Disney days, so I will leave those for future posts, cause those will be more detailed. Thanks for reading!!

Sarabell

Original Poster
Sooo... Continuing with the title to my report... ARE YOU SERIOUS SARA? Do you even remember aything about your trip anymore?

I know!! I´m really sorry!!, It´s been too long, but I have 3 jobs now and I barely even have time to sleep, but I´m not a quitter, so I will finish this TR if it´s the last thing I do, even with my now vague memories of how things went. It´s only our last 2 days.

09/27 - Day 11 - ...you may find yourself a permanent resident... of the Twilight Zone...

Today, as every other day, we got ready and left the house. No breakfast today, it was our last couple of days and we ran out of groceries, so we (I) decided breaksfast at Mc Donalds was in order. Off course the Mc Donalds I´m talking about is the one inside WDW, it´s so big and beautiful... and clean! We have Mc Donalds in my city, but believe it or not, it was Milo´s first time having a McD´s breakfast. We enjoyed a not so healthy breakfast, great way to start the day, and we were on our way to Hollywood Studios for the day.

As usual, a little photoshoot of me on the tram, and Milo couldn´t resist the urge to take a lovely pic of my gorgeous little ring. FYI, that´s my hand on Milo's leg. I don't have hairy legs :hilarious:

DSC00761.JPG

We entered the park, it was a lovely day but it was already HOT!, so we went through the shops and browsed a bit. We found stuff we liked that we didn't buy, that's what people do, right? :facepalm:

Just as we were about to start walking towards the chinese theater (Bless you God cause the hat's not there anymore. I love the sight of the chinese theater in front of me when I walk into HS), we saw these guys were coming, so we made some room for them

DSC00781.JPG

We didn't have any fastpasses until after lunchtime, so we looked at My Disney Experience and found that the Indiana Jones show was about to start,so we headed that way.
DSC00788.JPG

Did I mention it was HOT!?? Sweet baby Jesus... and those gigantic fans on the ceiling of the theater were off. They were trying to cook us in there. I don't minf the heat, but being in a crowded theater with nothing but hot air was giving me claustrophobia.finally the show started and they turned on the fans. life was good again. Milo enjoyed the show. I hadn't seen it since 1996, but if you've seen this show one time, you've seen all of them (except in 1996, the dorky guy in the flower shirt used to look awkward and skinny and like he needed a hug, so the dorky act was credible. This guy looked like a really dumb supermodel). We did laugh about this, and forgotabout the heatin no time...WDW, the only place where you don't stay cranky even if the temperature keeps going up.

After Indy we walked overto MuppetVision 3D. I love this show, because I love the Muppets. It was nice to see this guy waiting for us at the entrance
DSC00806.JPG

As always, itwas a great show. I told Milo this was the first 3D movie I ever saw. He thought 3D was pretty new, so he was amazed when I told him how little I was when I saw it for the first time, and he liked it even more because it was so old and ahead of it's time.

After the show, we had to browse the shop. Milo found his soulmate in there
DSC00839.JPG

They are both out of their minds, they are both drummers, Animal is definitely Milo's plush version. I need to buy it for him sometime as a present.

We were getting pretty hungry, and our timing was perfect, because my lunch plan for today was
DSC00842.JPG

We had been craving some pizza for a few days, so when I told Milo we were eating pizza for lunch he loved the idea. We both liked this place. It looks very New Yorkish, except t's big. The pizza was good, it's not New York pizza, but it filled our stomachs and we got out of the heat for a bit, which was also a relief.

Milo didn't quite get what was going on here:
DSC00846.JPG

I proceeded to let him know it's usually a lovely fountain with clear water that makes you want to jump in. He made sure to voice his opinion, he thought it didn't look that lovely at all. I later showed him a picture of how the fountain really looks like and he actually loved it and said was right, but it never should be left without water cause it just looks old and rusty.

We still had some time before our first FP of the day, but we started heading there, leisurely, and ran into this guy
DSC00850.JPG
He was out in the sun, and he had quite a line, so Milo made sure not to get in anyone's way and snapped this pic and we kept walking.

I made sur ewe stopped in front of the Chinese Theater to take a pic. There was a Photopass girl there, so I asked her to please take our pic.
DSC00856.JPG
I wish you could see the whole thater in the picture, but I guess that's not that easy, so I'll take this one. I just love this place, it's so beautiful and full of detail, and I used to love the ride that was in there, and I was so sad not to be able to see it one last time, but oh, well... I guess change is good, and younger people and kids didn't really know what all those strange alleged movies were, so Mickey and Minnie should be a good choice for this place.

It was now time to head to our FP. Off course I had to snap a picture to send my sister, and it turned out perfect. Here's where we were headed:
IMG_20170927_135305.jpg

My sister was soo jealous! this is our favorite HS ride. It's actually one of our favorites in WDW, so she was also happy that I was there and sharing our favorite place with Milo. If he's gonna be part of our family, he'd better share our love for WDW!

Sooo, we scanned our FP and we went in. Milo found the place lovely and took a bunch of pictures of the queue area, which was easy cause there were no people there, not even in the stand by line. I don´t understand why this place usually doesn´t have a line (I remember this being the case back in 2011 when I came with my mom and sis). I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, more fun for me, but it's such a good ride, and almost everyone likes it, and there's usually no line. I guess it's the Disney magic...???

Sarabell

Original Poster
We rode TOT, and I'll let our ride picture speak for itself:
DSC00909.JPG

I have no clue why I look a little scared, but Milo has a HUGE smile on his face, and I couldn't be happier! He loved the ride so much, he asked to go a second time, so I compromised and went again (yeah, right! I was thrilled!!)

A new photoshoot of the lobby, and second time riding. Again, LOVED IT! He wanted to go a third time, but we had so much stuff left to do, and almost 2 hours before our 3:55 FP for Star Tours, so we sadly had to leave and see some more park. We walked up Sunset Boulevard and decided to treat ourselves to an ice cream bar. Milo got his strawberry bar and I got my Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar. We kept walking and ran into some interesting people
DSC00929.JPG

These guys had a pretty entertaining routine going on, but Milo isn't very fluent in english, so he got over it pretty quick and asked to continue to our next destination, which I didn't know exctly.

I checked the app and saw that TSMM only had a 20 minute wait, which was pretty good for what it usually has, so we headed that way.
The app was pretty accurate. We waited 20 minutes exactly
IMG_20170927_154210.jpg

Milo had a blast on this attraction and beat me off course. I hadn´t even planned to ride this because the wait is usually so long, so I was glad we had the chance to ride it, because I had only done it once and I really enjoyed it too.

By the time we finished, it was time for our Star Tours FP, so we headed there.

We are not Star Wars fans (I have only watched Episode 1, and I believe Milo hasn't seen any of them, but I have always enjoyed this ride. Milo didn't think it was that good, he got a bit dizzy, but I had heard about people getting dizzy in simulators so I understand why he didn't like it.

We had a FP for RNRC at 4:55, but we still had time before we needed to be there, and turns out it was almost time for the Little Mermaid show, so we stood in line and waited like 5 minutes before being let into the preshow. I have always loved this show, and Milo thought it was good. He is a manly man, so he can't love a princess show :joyfull: (he probably loved it too, what's not to love??)

I just found, going through my pics, that I'm going to marry a shoe stalker... look at this:
DSC00986.JPG

He must have really liked this girl's shoes, but hey! they're lovely and if I ever find them in my size (I'm a kids size 2, so it shouldn't be that hard), I will definitely buy them... at least I know if he says "nice shoes" he'll mean it :hilarious:

After the show finished, we still had plenty of time before our FP, and I remembered we never took pictures with Mickey at MK, and the wait time was 20 minutes, so we stood in line for pictures with Mickey and Minnie. The queue area is outside, and god it wasn't getting any cooler. There were mostly little kids with their families standing in line (we were actually the only adult couple with no kids in line), and kids were cranky and antsy and parents were oblivious, and Milo and I were becoming desperate as the minutes passed. I'm not planning on having kids, and I don't mean to tell anyone how to raise their kids, but it would be nice if some parents actually did some parenting instead of acting like they don't know their kids while they're acting like little wild creatures while in line. "you do know your kid looks just like you, only shorter, so you're not fooling anyone, right??" (end of rant)

It was finally time for pictures, and we were hot and sweaty, but I was happy Milo was finally going to meet my favorite mouse and his girl
DSC01006.JPG

This is a picture for posterity: The man of my dreams meets the mouse of my dreams
IMG_20170927_171746.jpg

Mickey did get a little upset when he saw my ring, and was a little offended that I cheated on him with Milo
DSC01022.JPG

But once he spent some time with Milo and saw how good he was, he accepted him and decided he was OK sharing me with him. After all, I don't give him trouble because he is with Minnie, so in the end we were all a happy family again

DSC01029.JPG

So now that I had sorted out my relationship problems, it was time to head back up Sunset Boulevard for our FP
DSC01052.JPG

Milo went nuts taking pictures in here. He is a musician, so he took pictures of EVERYTHING! I just counted more that 60 pictures of random stuff, without any of us in them. In the shop we did see something we need to have at our house, definitely!
DSC01143.JPG

I'm obviously going to be one of the stuff we'll have at our house, I'm talking about that mirror, which I'm sure Milo is going to make some day.

Sarabell

Original Poster
It took us maybe an hour total between getting in line (FP had a line) for RNRC, and riding it, and browsing the shop.

After we came out, we walked by this place again, and I don't know if Milo wanted to take a picture of me, TOT, or the short wait time here
DSC01175.JPG

We obviously went in, and here's where I explain the title I gave this day... see how the sun was still shinning? well, this is all we rode FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT! I had plans to watch Fantasmic maybe, or the fireworks, well... Milo wasn´t having any of that. He wanted to ride TOT "just one more time since there's no line" (this was the case 10 times in a row).

I wasn't complaining, I love this ride, and I was more than happy that Milo loved it so much. We even had time to rehearse faces for our ride picture, here's the best one:
DSC01217.JPG

And, riding this thing a bunch of times and being received by the same CM every time, I have to tell you, this guy was so in character I had to take a picture with him and congratulate him, this kid is the rock star of CMs! I wish I remembered his name, but we were really impressed by him, and I know this kid is going places, and I don't mean the Twilight Zone.
DSC01237.JPG

We watched some fireworks from the windows on TOT, right before our final drop, and if Milo had been given the chance, he would've ridden more, but we eventually came out and the entrance to Hollywood Tower Hotel was now closed, so we had to walk up Sunset Boulevard and had the chance to see a tiny bit of the projection show before it was time to leave the park.

I can't say I dislike any of the Disney parks, but if it wasn't for TOT, I could probably skip this park because right now there's not much to do here. I am sure it's going to improve a lot once Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land open, but this time was my least favorite ever in HS. I am so happy Milo liked it so much (well, TOT at least), because we have now decided that we won't be coming back until these two lands are open.

As always we were tired from walking, from the heat, from the past 10 days, but we were happy. We rode home, talked about our day, made decisions about our wedding and got some much needed rest. We only had one day left, it was going to be our seconf visit to epcot, and we were looking forward to a more peaceful day, now that we didn't need to rush in order to see the whole park in one day.

I don't know if anyone is still willing to read this, but if you do, I apologize for the really long delay. Thanks for sticking with me, thanks for your patience, and I hope you are enjoying my adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom