Trip Report Are You Serious???!!! My September Trip with a Hidden Agenda

Good evening to you all! it´s been 8 days since my last park day, and 4 days since I´ve been back home. My post-disney depression hasn´t yet started to kick in, so I figured I need to get started on this before it does, I must confess I have no notes, more than 2,500 pictures to go through (mainly in order to remember how things went), and I have a ton of work to do, but I want to ask for your patience, since this will be my first post of many, and the next one will most likely take a while to come.
For now, for those of you who didn´t read my Texty (is that even a word??) PTR and want to take a look, here´s the link

For those of you who don´t feel like reading a ton of text, just bear with me, you´re in for one of the best trips of my life, and one full of surprises.

I have to keep working for now, but I hope to be done soon so I can tell you all about my adventure. Have a magical night!!

Sarabell

Original Poster
Sooo, work is done, so here we go.

If someone didn´t read my PTR, here are the highlights:

Who: Me and my DB (Milo), who was visiting for the first time, not only WDW but the US (We´re from Colombia). We have been together for 2.5 years now, and he told me from the very beginning I could plan the whole thing cause he just wanted to be surprised, so he didn´t want to get involved or see pics/videos (Perfect for me!) The only thing I got him involved with was our dining selection cause he is a picky eater (we did only QS so it wasn´t that much of an involvement: "want burgers, pizza or nachos" type of thing)

Here we are:
IMG_20161201_213926.jpg

When: We traveled Sept 17-29, and our plan was to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale and drive to Orlando the same day. That didn´t end up happening cause we had a bit of an issue with a tire, plus we hadn´t slept during our flight to fll (it was the red eye flight) and a 4 hour drive after no sleep wasn´t a smart choice. We spent the night at my cousin´s and got up at 5am for our drive. It was a park day so we needed to be there ASAP.

We had 5 days of Disney parks and we also went to both Universal parks, Sea World and Busch Gardens in Tampa. I´ll tell you right now, I came back home on Oct. 2, and I still need some rest. This was one of those "I need a vacaction from this vacation" type of trip, but it was a complete success!

We stayed at a friend´s house in Oviedo, Fl., which is 40 minutes away from Kissimmee, so the drive was a pain, especially at night being so tired and sleepy, but we made it work with long conversations, the salsa radio station and VERY COLD AC!

My Hidden Agenda: Since I am a WDW lover, and Milo had never been or ever planned to visit, I decided to treat him to his very first WDW trip, hoping in my heart that he loved it as much as I do, so that he decides this is a feasible vacation destination for us in spite of the cost.

I will tell you now, HE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. He didn´t fall in love with MK (What??!!!!) because it was crowded (for this time of year) and soo hot, but he decided that it´s an iconic place that " we need to visit every time we come" (EVERY TIME WE COME, I love this guy!, he´s definitely a keeper). This means that my purpose was accomplished, YAY!!

Up next, I will give you a short summary of our non-disney days, and I´ll try to fit in as much details as I can remember of our disney ones, which is the matter that concerns us here :happy:

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/17 Day 1 - Arrival
Our flight arrived in FLL at 5:30 am. We were traveling with my mom and aunt, who were staying in Miami with another aunt. She picked us up from the airport, we picked up our car and we all went to have breakfast together. After that we split up from my mom and aunts and began our little adventure. First we made a trip to Guitar Center, which was a perfect first stop since Milo is a musician, so this was like a visit to his own personal theme park (we don´t have stores like that in our country). We spent around 2 hours in there. I wasn´t thrilled, but Milo was having the time of his life looking at everything and playing with instruments.

Take a look at my "I´m not thrilled and I haven´t slept" face at guitar center:
DSC08411.JPG

After that I needed to visit a cousin and be on our way. Well, we went to fill up the tank, and discovered we with a cracked tire. A guy at the gas station told us we needed to change it, and it was a sunday, so nothing was open, I was trying to call the car owner but my data wasn´t working (it worked fine in the morning when we arrived, but then it stopped and never worked again, so I could only use the phone for calls), I called the cousin whose house I had just left, she owns a towing company, so maybe she knew where I could go. Well, that was a good call, so after a trip to Pep Boys, it was determined that the tire was perfect and there was nothing to worry about (better safe than sorry), but it was now 4 pm, we still hadn´t slept, we never had lunch cause we were planning on having lunch on the road, and then with all the tire chaos we forgot, so my cousin told me there was no way I was leaving, and that I needed to stay at her house, get some rest and leave the next morning. This was a relief, cause I was concerned about falling asleep on the drive, and Milo was in worse shape than me, so asking him to drive was not an option.

We made the wise decision to do just that. Milo took a shower and fell dead asleep (at 6:30 pm), and I was so tired that I could sleep, so I just stayed up and caught up with my cousin, then my mom and aunts came to visit for a bit It was now 10 pm and we still hadn´t had lunch, so my cousin went and got us some McDonalds (talk about that for our first vacation dinner) while I took a shower, I ate, Milo was dead, so I let him rest and he woke up and ate later, and I finally went to bed for some much needed sleep. That was some first day, but rest assured, it was the one and only tough day we had. Everything was great after that.

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/18 Day 2 - Road Trip and Sea World
We got up before dawn, got ready and left the house at 6 am sharp. Our trip was uneventful but nice. We had breakfast at a service plaza on the road, and before we knew this was our sight
DSC08446.JPG

I decided to go straight to sea world, since we were staying pretty far away, and it would take up too much time to drop our bags off first, so we set up patricia, our gps (My sister gave it that name back in 2011 and it stuck) and we followed her directions. Milo was getting anxious:
DSC08448.JPG

But pretty soon we saw this and it marked the beginning of our first real vacation together
DSC08469.JPG

Sarabell

Original Poster
So for this day I´ll give you mostly pics:
DSC08486.JPG

DSC08495.JPG

Manta was our first ride of the day and Milo´s favorite this day. He had never rode a real rollercoaster, and this was his rode it around 8 times (God bless low season and short lines). I, on the other hand, being the rollercoaster lover, hadn´t been on a rollercoaster since 2011 so it made me kinda queasy and it gave me a migraine. I´m getting old!

We have a happy camper ladies and gentlemen:
DSC08503.JPG

He was like a little kid
DSC08514.JPG

DSC08522.JPG

We had a hotdog for lunch, and then I said "let´s pet the stingrays" "pet the WHAAT??!!" He was scared but he got excited
DSC08584.JPG

I only go to SeaWorld for the rollercoasters. I´m not a big fan of animal shows, but Milo likes dolphins, he had never seen a killer whale or penguins, so being there, we had to do it all, I wanted him to experience everything, as I had the oportunity to do when I was a child. He can make up his mind about animal shows as I did, after seeing them. So we did it all (except for the seal show, but we have seals here, so that wasn´t necessary. We did see some seals and witnessed a seal fight, which was kinda scary)

Milo was thrilled looking at the penguins and the whale. He took a ton of pictures during the sow and even sent his mom a pic to show her the whale. He was so happy and mesmerized. I was glad I made the decision to see this show with him.

We rode the other rollercoasters, he was thrilled! he wanted to ride again and again, so we did Mako a couple of times, and then it was time to leave. On the way out he wanted to ride Manta again, so I told him to go and I waited outside texting with my sister while he rode like 3 more times. It was a great day. We were both happy and loving life, but the park was closed and we had a car full of suitcases and we had woken up really early, and I drove for 4 hours, and it was a hot day, so we needed to go home now and get some rest, because it was just our first day of many. We still had a lot of fun ahead, and we needed to be prepared.

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/19 Day 3 - "Did I lock the car?"
This was our first Disney day, and my choice of park for today was AK. I woke up at 6 and got ready, woke up Milo so that he could get ready, made some breakfast, and before we left, Milo says to me "I´m gonna pack a change of clothes for each of us, in case we get wet and need to change or something" I thought it was funny, did I git a girlfriend? that doesn´t sound like a very guyish thing to say, but I thought OK, let´s pack a change of clothes. He packed our clothes in his big backpack (we had small ones to carry around the park) and we were on our way around 8:15.
Milo was antsy. He took his camera and started recording sort of a vlog where he asked me about Disney, parks, which park was more important, which one I liked better, which park was the one with the castle, etc. I thought it was cute, and then I found this while going through our pics. I don´t know when he took it, cause he didn´t say anything and I didn´t notice:
IMG_20170919_090819.jpg

And then, I told him to have the camera ready and take a pic when I told him. This is what I told him to photograph, and he did quite well:
IMG_20170919_090930.jpg

I was happy... I was finally home!

And although Milo didn´t feel at home, he was very excited. This is what excited Milo and me being home looks like:
DSC08855.JPG

We got to the park right after 9 and proceeded to the turnstiles. I had purchased my tickets online, so I had the barcode ready on my phone. Well, that didn´t work, our carcode couldn´t be read, so we had to stand in line at the ticket window so we could get this sorted out. I wasn´t happy, I needed to run to Pandora and get in line, and I didn´t want to stand in line foreer for being late after park opening. Well, there was nothing we could do but stand in line. I did complain to the lady who took care of us at the window about the barcode issue, but in the end the window thing had a bright side, cause we decided to treat ourselves to magic bands.

We finally entered the park and as usual, it was HOT! I had warned Milo that this was the hottest and most humid park I had visited, and he understood what I meant as soon as we walked in. We walked as fast as we could to Pandora. I loved the place but we were on a mission: stand inline for FoP, it was a 2 hour wait but we decided to do it, cause we didn´t think it was gonna get any better later in the day, and we had FP for other stuff, so it would be too much work to come back later.

We had been standing in line for like 40 minutes, and for some reason I had the feeling that I hadn´t locked the car. I asked Milo and he said he didn´t remember, but he was seriously concerned (In our country you can´t leave your car unlocked for any reason, it´s not safe), so he asked me if I wanted him to go back to the parking lot to check. I knew it was gonna take too long, and I didn´t want him to leave the line just to have to come back and catch up with me going in front of a bunch of people. It was decided that we would figure out what to do after we rode FoP. So he decided to distract himself from his concern by taking a bazillion pictures while we waited in line. (seriously, I just counted 94 pictures while we were in line). He even made me pose next to a lady´s backpack cause it was a minion, and he calls me his minion cause I´m very short
DSC08925.JPG

Finally after 2 hours, we got to ride FoP. WOW! Disney definitely hit a homerun with this. This thing is like all the good things in the world put together. We both LOVED IT! Milo wanted to ride again but it was still 2 hours (looked longer that when we got in line with a 2 hour wait), and we had places to go, so we made the promise to come back later, cause I wanted to see Pandora at night.

We exited the ride and we were starving, so we decided to have lunch before our KS FP. We started walking towards Flame Tree Barbecue, but got distracted by a little Disney snack
IMG_20170919_120418.jpg

Mickey bars, for me, are the quintessential Disney snack, and it never dissapoints. Milo went for a strawberry bar, cause it really was very hot, and that sounded more refreshing. We had left Pandora and gone into Africa, so we needed to go back and find our restaurant, which gave us time to finish our ice cream and take a few pics in front of the tree of life
DSC08949.JPG

Sarabell

Original Poster
Soo, I left you on our way to lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue. I had picked this restaurant because Milo loooves smokes whatever. In fact, on our trip to Ft. Lauderdale, all he brought in his carry on was 4 huge packs of smoked flavor potato chips (I´m not exaggerating, that´s the only thing he had in there) to snack on while we were in the parks, so smoked ribs sounded like a great idea.
IMG_20170919_123443.jpg

We both had the rib meal for lunch, and Milo was in heaven. We couldn´t finish the whole thing though, and he refused to throw it away (he hates to throw food away and does not allow me to do it either. He has been through rough times in his life where he has known what it is not to have food, plus it was ribs, and they were smoked) so he went to the counter and came back with aluminum foil and carefully wrapped our left over ribs to eat later (We had them for breakfast the next day, and they were still delicious).

While we ate, he started questioning me again about my favorite park, which one we were going to tomorrow, what was the name of the park with the castle, did I like it a lot (Jesus, didn´t we go through this already? I bring Dory with me on this trip??). I answered all his questions again, the answers hadn´t changed a bit since this morning :cautious:

It was now time for our KS FP, so we walked towards there. We had to wait a little bit, but not too much. I didn´t do the safari on my last trip, so this was a first for us both and we were pretty excited. We didn´t get to see the lions, but we have lions at our local zoo, and we have never visited, so as you can see, lions are not a big deal for us. Milo´s favorite animal was this one though:
DSC08985.JPG

Really? You have a bunch of animals from the African Savannah and you like the bull with the big horns? well, I must tell you why: Milo loves bullfights (I know, please forgive him, he couldn´t be perfect after all), so yes, believe it or not, the bull (I know that´s not its name) was the big winner today.

We finished our safari and came out to find out we had a flat tire... again :D
DSC09071.JPG

Sorry, I know it´s corny, but we joked about our tire incident at the beginning of our trip when we saw this, and continued our walk. Well, we got lost, I don´t know where we took a wrong turn and ended up on one of the trails to see the gorillas, which we never got to see. We did find out I have extremely small hands, and Milo´s are pretty big (we actually knew that already, but it was fun to have something to compare them to. We are silly like that)
DSC09083.JPG

We finally found our way out eventually, and I decided it was time to go see It´s Tough to be a Bug. But first, another picture in front of the tree, cause you ca never have too many of those:
DSC09106.JPG

We walked into the tree, and we found one of Milo´s cousins carved in there
DSC09114.JPG

After the family portrait we continued towards the show. And what kind of a disney fan would I be if I didn´t take this picture?
DSC09115.JPG

If any of you visited It´s Tough to be a Bug at the same time as us that day, I apologize if you heard a lady-like, horror movie type of scream, that was Milo when the bugs left the room at the end of the show :hilarious: That is actually why I took him there in the first place. I knew that was gonna be hilarious, and it didn´t dissapoint.

That will be all for now. I´m sorry to leave you hanging like this, but I actually need to get some work done. I promise I´ll try to finish this day as soon as I can. :brb:

12in12

Cute picture of you with the glasses. I am enjoying your trip report. Like Milo I struggle with wasting food so when I am at the parks I try to split meals, if I am by myself I usually have a lunch box with me that I can use for left overs.

Sarabell

Original Poster
Cute picture of you with the glasses. I am enjoying your trip report. Like Milo I struggle with wasting food so when I am at the parks I try to split meals, if I am by myself I usually have a lunch box with me that I can use for left overs.

Thanks so much! I liked the pic. It´s very rare to see me making funny faces, so this one had to be posted. This was the only day we couldn´t finish a meal. We can eat a lot, but this meal really is huge, and I didn´t remember, but I always had a couple spare ziplock bags just in case, and boy did they come in handy for those ribs...

Thanks for reading! there´s still a lot more

Sarabell

Original Poster
Ok let´s continue this...

Initially, I had only found a FP for Kali River Rapids after 7pm, but I wasn´t completely sold on the idea of possibly getting wet at that time, so I checked and luckily found an opening for like 3:15, so we exited ITTBaB and proceeded to the rapids. Milo wasn´t thrilled about it when I told him there was a possibility of getting wet, he HATES to get wet, but it was so hot that he finally agreed to go.

I love cats, so as soon as Milo saw this he said we needed to take a pic
DSC09151 (2).JPG
(I just love this guy)

According to my pics, our next stop was EE. We had a FP, so we went right in (there really wasn´t much of a line). This is the only pic I have, and I took it with my phone, which is strange cause Milo is quite the paparazzi and took pics everywhere (mostly selfies of us both or himself that didn´t evidence our location, but oh well...)
IMG_20170919_151102.jpg

EE was a success with Milo. I checked the app to find another FP. I opted for a Dinosaur one (we really weren´t in the mood to sit through a show, and the other options were Nemo and FOTLK I believe. I havent seen it so I didn´t really feel like I was missing out´on it).

I think this pic is really cute, because although it was posed, it reflects Milo´s face throughout our whole trip. He was just so surprised and excited about everything he saw.
DSC09186.JPG

And, We took a picture of our ride picture, and look at Milo´s face, BUT, look at the lady next to me in the orange shirt please! she looks like she´s about to scold that dinosaur any time now... We laughed for a while about that
DSC09195.JPG

Remember how I told you EE was a success? well, Milo was on a mission. He decided that he needed to figure out how things go after you start going backwards and it gets pitch black (I have no idea what goes on, I just know it´s exciting), so he wanted to ride again. There was a FP available in 5 minutes, so I got it and off we went. We rode again, and I think we did it twice, because I have a photo of our ride pic, and then one of the queue area where all the backpacks are hanging from the ceiling. I´m not sure.

We were tired, our feet were sore, it was hot and humid, and we had done pretty much everything we wanted to for the time being. The only thing we hadn´t done was Pandora at night, but it wasn´t dark yet, so we decided to have a snack. I just wanted something to drink, so I got a coke and Milo went with a frozen lemonade. We just sat and relaxed next to EE and enjoyed our refreshing choices for a while. It was still not dark, but I hadn´t done Naavi River Journey, so we walked there leisurely, taking some pictures on the way.
DSC09268.JPG

DSC09275.JPG

The wait said 90 minutes, and we weren´t too convinced, but I didn´t want to skip it, I didn´t know how it was, so we stood in line anyway. Halfway through the line I was really feeling exhausted and my feet hurt, and it wasn´t really moving much, so Milo told me to find a spot to sit and he would stand in line for the both of us :)inlove:) I could tell he was exhausted too, and he was getting a bit cranky from the heat and humidity, so I told him we should just get out of the line and sit down and relax somewhere while it got dark, but he refused (we had already been there for a while), so I sat down to te side of the queue and waited. It took close to 2 hours to finally ride, and after such a short ride, Milo was now a little ed. Waiting in line for 2 hours in order to sit on a boat and look at screens and neon lights for a minute and a half was really a big fail in our opinion.

There are no ride pictures, and there are no more pictures of that day, which gives you an idea of Milo´s mood. :banghead:

He had loved FoP so much, that he wanted to ride it again. The wait was 2 hours, but the line seemed a little shorter than the one in the morning, and he wanted to wait anyways, so we waited. It was a blast again, and it improved his mood completely. He was a hapy camper again, a tired one, but happy. After FoP it was time to go home. I looked around dark Pandora, and it looked so lovely and well done, but we wanted to leave so no pictures.

By the time we got to the tree of life, the show had started, so we watched the rest of it and left when the park closed. We needed a shower and some sleep. We didn´t have to wait for a tram to take us to our parking spot, and remember I wasn´t sure if I had locked the car in the morning? well I had. Milo mentioned it a couple times during the day and requested we went to check, but I told him there was no need, we had our cameras with us, and the only thing there was in the car was his backpack with our change of clothes, so we shouldn´t waste time going back to the parking lot. When we got to the car he checked the backpack, it was there, and we were on our way.

I told Milo to please talk to me constantly so I didn´t fall asleep driving home, and after 40 minutes and a new questioning about the parks (3 times now, what is wrong with him?) we finally got home, took a shower and fell dead asleep. I decided I wouldn´t set the alarm so early. We didn´t need to be there for park opening, cause we still had 10 more days to go. I set it for 7:30. We would leave whenever we were ready during the rest of our trip. We needed to rest.

Thanks for reading! I´l try not to keep you waiting too long for day 3

Uncle Lupe

Fun read so far. Yes the Bugs glasses pic is a must. Indeed I would be furious also waiting 2hrs for Navi river also. Long park days are exhausting I do not envy your drive everyday. But jealous of your adult only trip.

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/20 Day 4 - Epcot
The alarm went off at 7:30. I still fell tired so I snoozed for 20 more minutes. I got up and took a shower, and woke Milo up so he could start getting ready also. I went downstairs to make us breakfast. I pulled the meat from yesterday´s ribs and made sandwiches with it. SO GOOD! I was afraid they might go bad being in my backpack all afternoon in the heat, but they tasted glorious and we didn´t get food poisoning, so FYI, you can save your leftover ribs and have them for breakfast the next day, you´ll be ok and they really taste just as good.

By the time we left the house it was close to 10. Milo checked the trunk to see if the backpack with our spare clothes was ok (??), we got in the car and left. Again, "which park are we going to today?, is that the one with the castle? is that the one you like better? because you have a picture of the giant ball on the desktop of your computer..." etc, etc, etc. (yep, my desktop picture is a Tom Bricker pic with SE and two monorails, I didn´t know he had noticed). We discussed the previous day, I asked him what he thought of AK, which ride he liked the most (FoP was the absolute winner, followed by EE), what he thought about the heat, was it a deal breaker for future trips, we agreed it was a bit of a pain cause it made you even more tired at the end of the day, but it was way better than riding a rollercoaster or the rapids in cold weather.

Before we knew it, we were parking our car. Milo checked the trunk, reminded me to lock the car, and we got on the tram that was already there.
DSC09287.JPG

We got to the entrance, and Milo was pretty impressed by the "giant ball". "It really is giant, how cool, is there anything in it? or is it just a huge ornament?" Oh little one, you´re the Jon Snow of Disney... you know nothing... ;)
Milo was a good paparazzi and found a nice trash can to put the camera on (I don´t know why, he had a tripod in his backpack) and took a picture for posterity
DSC09302.JPG

We went through the turnstiles, and it was time for a selfie
DSC09317.JPG

We had a FP for Living With the Land at 11, but it was now almost 11, and I still needed to go to guest relations and I didn´t feel like running across the park, so I got on the app and canceled that. It´s not like you need a FP for it anyways. We proceeded to guest relations first to sort out an issue with my FP selection. The night before I got an email saying thet I had FP selections for 5 days, but I didn´t have enough days on my tickets, so I needed to take action or my FP for my last day (also Epcot) were going to be canceled. The girl at guest relations was really nice and helpful, and told me they´ve been having the same issue with other guests, but not to worry about it, cause I clearly had enough days, so she double checked the system and suggested I took note of my FP for that last day, just in case the system deleted them from my schedule, but that they were still in my account, so I just needed to proceed to the atraction entrance and use my magic band. I thanked her and told her to keep up the good work and she would earn her ears really fast (she was in training).

Our next FP was for M:S at 12:15, and we still had time so we went into Club Cool. Milo thought it would be cool to try different sodas from around the world. I stood next to him as he proceeded to fill his little cup with none other than Beverly. I got my phone camera ready to record the moment... but the camera acted out and I missed his face... Believe me when I tell you it was priceless (Have you seen the youtube videos where they give babies a lemon to try for the first time?, well, it was much like that :hilarious:) I didn´t have it. I tried it once, and it was more than enough. The rest of the selection was pretty awesome, I like the pineapple soda and Milo liked the melon one.

We walked around and went into MouseGear to get buttons. I had forgotten them previous day. Milo graduated as a Philosophy teacher the day before our trip, and it was his first visit. We needed buttons for these celebrations. We browsed around the store for a few minutes until it was time to go to M:S to use our FP.
DSC09327.JPG

I LOVE M:S, and I love orange team, but I was concerned that Milo might get dizzy or sick, so I suggested we do green team. He asked what the difference was and I explained orange was more intense and there were barf bags. That got him more excited for some reason. He said we needed to do orange team, so in we went.
DSC09335.JPG

It was really fun as always. Milo didn´t love it as much as I did, but he thought it was a fun experience.

I´ll have to leave you for now, but I´ll be back soon with more of our day at Epcot. Thanks for reading!

riverside

Premium Member
09/20 Day 4 - Epcot
The alarm went off at 7:30. I still fell tired so I snoozed for 20 more minutes. I got up and took a shower, and woke Milo up so he could start getting ready also. I went downstairs to make us breakfast. I pulled the meat from yesterday´s ribs and made sandwiches with it. SO GOOD! I was afraid they might go bad being in my backpack all afternoon in the heat, but they tasted glorious and we didn´t get food poisoning, so FYI, you can save your leftover ribs and have them for breakfast the next day, you´ll be ok and they really taste just as good.

By the time we left the house it was close to 10. Milo checked the trunk to see if the backpack with our spare clothes was ok (??), we got in the car and left. Again, "which park are we going to today?, is that the one with the castle? is that the one you like better? because you have a picture of the giant ball on the desktop of your computer..." etc, etc, etc. (yep, my desktop picture is a Tom Bricker pic with SE and two monorails, I didn´t know he had noticed). We discussed the previous day, I asked him what he thought of AK, which ride he liked the most (FoP was the absolute winner, followed by EE), what he thought about the heat, was it a deal breaker for future trips, we agreed it was a bit of a pain cause it made you even more tired at the end of the day, but it was way better than riding a rollercoaster or the rapids in cold weather.

Before we knew it, we were parking our car. Milo checked the trunk, reminded me to lock the car, and we got on the tram that was already there.
View attachment 239102

We got to the entrance, and Milo was pretty impressed by the "giant ball". "It really is giant, how cool, is there anything in it? or is it just a huge ornament?" Oh little one, you´re the Jon Snow of Disney... you know nothing... ;)
Milo was a good paparazzi and found a nice trash can to put the camera on (I don´t know why, he had a tripod in his backpack) and took a picture for posterity
View attachment 239104
We went through the turnstiles, and it was time for a selfie
View attachment 239112
We had a FP for Living With the Land at 11, but it was now almost 11, and I still needed to go to guest relations and I didn´t feel like running across the park, so I got on the app and canceled that. It´s not like you need a FP for it anyways. We proceeded to guest relations first to sort out an issue with my FP selection. The night before I got an email saying thet I had FP selections for 5 days, but I didn´t have enough days on my tickets, so I needed to take action or my FP for my last day (also Epcot) were going to be canceled. The girl at guest relations was really nice and helpful, and told me they´ve been having the same issue with other guests, but not to worry about it, cause I clearly had enough days, so she double checked the system and suggested I took note of my FP for that last day, just in case the system deleted them from my schedule, but that they were still in my account, so I just needed to proceed to the atraction entrance and use my magic band. I thanked her and told her to keep up the good work and she would earn her ears really fast (she was in training).

Our next FP was for M:S at 12:15, and we still had time so we went into Club Cool. Milo thought it would be cool to try different sodas from around the world. I stood next to him as he proceeded to fill his little cup with none other than Beverly. I got my phone camera ready to record the moment... but the camera acted out and I missed his face... Believe me when I tell you it was priceless (Have you seen the youtube videos where they give babies a lemon to try for the first time?, well, it was much like that :hilarious:) I didn´t have it. I tried it once, and it was more than enough. The rest of the selection was pretty awesome, I like the pineapple soda and Milo liked the melon one.

We walked around and went into MouseGear to get buttons. I had forgotten them previous day. Milo graduated as a Philosophy teacher the day before our trip, and it was his first visit. We needed buttons for these celebrations. We browsed around the store for a few minutes until it was time to go to M:S to use our FP.
View attachment 239120
I LOVE M:S, and I love orange team, but I was concerned that Milo might get dizzy or sick, so I suggested we do green team. He asked what the difference was and I explained orange was more intense and there were barf bags. That got him more excited for some reason. He said we needed to do orange team, so in we went.
View attachment 239129
It was really fun as always. Milo didn´t love it as much as I did, but he thought it was a fun experience.

I´ll have to leave you for now, but I´ll be back soon with more of our day at Epcot. Thanks for reading!
I love your selfie pic!! That is a GREAT picture!!

Sarabell

Original Poster
Day 4 - Epcot Cont...

We still had plenty of time before our next FP, which was for Soarin at 2:35, so we wandered around, made another stop at Club Cool for some more melon soda for Milo, which I patiently held while he did a little photoshoot of...well, me :banghead:. He took about 10 pictures of me holding a glass of soda, each one less interesting and less attractive than the previous one. Here´s proof:
DSC09345.JPG

I do not enjoy being photographed, and he did this a lot on our trip. It makes me feel awkward, and it shows on the pictures. Oh, well... I still let him do it and stand there like a dork. I must really love him, or something...
We eventually found a Photopass girl who took a more interesting picture
DSC09347.JPG

We (I actually) then decided to go watch the Pixar short films. It had a 10 minute wait so it wasn´t too long and it kept us cool for a while. We got our glasses and sat in the pre-show theater waiting. Milo, being the creative photographer that he is, decided to take random pictures of his sunglasses...aaand other people´s butts :grumpy:
DSC09395.JPG

After this very conceptual photoshoot, we entered the theater and enjoyed the shorts. I had honestly planned to take a cat nap during the show, but the shorts were so cool that I didn´t, and, although I was still tired and sleepy, I´m glad I watched them.

After the short films we went to Imagination with Figment. I love Figment and I loved the old Imagination, I hate what the did to this attraction, but it has AC and no wait and we had time. Milo was sooo not impressed by it, he said it didn´t look very Disney like, except for the cute little purple dragon (I KNOW!! RIGHT?!!).

Since we did the atractions with no wait, we still had time before Soarin, soo The Seas with Nemo was our next stop. I don´t love this one either. I don´t remember the one before it too well, but at least this redo is better than the crime they comitted against poor figment.
Aaand, this is why I´m not the one who takes the pictures:
DSC09403.JPG

Still not time to go to Soarin, but I remembered I had canceled our first FP, so I had one FP I could reserve. I looked and there was a FP for SE in 15 minutes, so we exited Nemo and walked there, but not without stopping for another photoshoot. At least this one wasn´t of me, but a more attractive and willing model:
DSC09423.JPG
DSC09426.JPG
No zoom, it really got that close to the camera, and came and looked into the lens after that last picture.

We said our goodbyes to our little friend and continued towards SE.
DSC09488.JPG

Milo loved this ride! He said he wanted to do it again, but we had another day and a FP for it, so instead I took him through the single rider line of TT, which I knew he would love too
DSC09518.JPG

This one was also a success with him. We still had some time but I decided to walk towards The Land and check if Living With the Land had a wait. Well it was a walk on, so on we walked. Milo didn´t love it, but said it was cool that they had so many stuff planted in there, and that he just wished he could walk on top of that white, beachy sand :hilarious:

It was finally time for Soarin. We entered and we had to wait for about 20 minutes, but we got Concourse C, which I assume is a new one, cause in 2011, you either went left or right, plus it looked new.

Is there anyone who doesn´t love Soarin? cause I don´t think there is. The places you see, the smells you smell, even the Eiffel Tower that looks kinda crooked like the Tower of Pisa, everything is lovely and amazing. I love this new version of Soarin, and Milo agreed with me. He said it was like a different version of FoP. a more laid back version. It really is. The concept is the same, yet the rides give you such different feelings. This one we definitely had to do again, but maybe later, cause we were now starvin, and lunch was going to be in Mexico, so we walked (fast) towards La Cantina de San Angel. But first, a stop for a picture here:
DSC09528.JPG

We had the Nachos and the guacamole with totopos for lunch. We shared both, cause I can´t have nachos wothout guacamole. I loved these the last time I was here and Milo loved them too. I´m sorry I didn´t take any food pictures on this trip, other than our AK ribs, but I was always hungry by the time we ordered lunch, so I always had half eaten food by the time I remembered, and that is not photogenic at all.

While Milo came with lunch, I found a table and got on the app and found a new FP for Soarin. I don´t remember the time but I think it was like 6 pm, and we didn´t take pictures after lunch, so I really don´t remember much of what we did between lunch and after our Soarin FP, but I bet it was fun.

We loved Soarin again, and after it, I had a mission. I wanted to try the Cheddar Cheese soup from Canada, so we started our tour of WS there. I might get punished for this, but I couldn´t love that soup. It is very tasty and it´s good, but it´s way too rich. We decided we would get one, and if we loved it (which I thought I would) we would get a second one. Well, we barely finished the first one. I do have to say the pretzel roll goes perfectly with it though. But I can´t imagine having a full bowl of this soup if I ever go to LeCellier. I was looking forward to this moment, and I can´t say I was dissapointed, but I just didn´t love it.

We kept walking around the world showcase, We were already tired so we only walked through to Japan going inside each pavilion and looking around in relative detail. We really enjoyed the store in Japan, which I had never gone into. We walked around for a while and enjoyed all the strange thing for sale here, and looked at the pearls and how they make a little show out of the purchase, but we had to go, cause I needed to go to Germany and we needed to find a spot for Illuminations. We walked quickly and Milo did another one of his photoshoots
DSC09562.JPG

See? I should have bought him a fidget spinner as he asked :banghead:. There are 8 photos like this one. Let me explain it to you cause I know it looks strange: My mom loves cowbells, and she knows you can find them in germany at Epcot, so that afternoon she called me and told me I needed to get one for her. Here I am trying to explain to my mom over the phone how big this cowbell is ("mom, it´s a little smaller than my closed fist, which is almost the size of your closed fist, so let me know if you want this one or the bigger one"). We bought the cowbell and walked briskly around the rest of WS, trying to find an empty spot for Illuminations. We found one in Norway so we sat there and waited. I was surprised to see how all the handrails of WS turn into a huge stroller parking before Illuminations. We located ourselves right behind some of the parked strollers, thinking their owners were going to sit their kinds in them to watch the show. Well, they didn´t. The kinds stood on a bench next to us, and we were so tired we didn´t want to stand up, plus there were other kids behind us, and we didn´t want to block their view, so we had to watch the show looking between the strollers. People, please, if you´re not going to use the strollers for your kids to watch the show, please don´t park them against the handrails, but fold them and open the space for other people to be able to sit and enjoy the show without having your empty strollers block their view. End of Rant, and pretty much end of this day.

We watched Illuminations and loved it. Last time I had seen the Epcot fireworks was in 1996, so I basically had bever seen them, cause on my last trip we were exhausted and left the park before night time. I teared up a bit, cause this is an important part of Disney World for me. When I was a kid (waay before park hopper tickets), we always left the parks (MK or MGM as it was calledback then) and headed to Epcot to see the fireworks, every day of Disney parks ended at Epcot, sitting on the grass (there were bits of grass and no rails around the lake), having the last mickey bar of the day while watching fireworks, and everyone was happy. I loved being there, being reminded of my childhood, and with my beloved Milo by my side enjoying this wonderful show with me.

After the show we dragged our sore feet through to the exit and to the parking lot, and began our long drive home, tired but happy for another day, another new experience for Milo and a familiar and much loved one for me.

Up next, (Finally!) Magic Kingdom. Thanks for reading!

amjt660

Premium Member
I keep looking at your pictures and cannot determine if Milo is having fun or not !!??!!

Maybe I should just consider the goofy ear to ear grin that he has on ALL THE TIME as an official stamp of approval!!!!!

It is great that you were able to share your Disney side with your brother

following along

Max

Second Star to the Right

I LOVE seeing all of these pics. It's so fun seeing Disney through the eyes of a first time visitor! I can only imagine Milo's reaction when you first rode through that magical underpass welcoming you to the World. It always brings me that new surge of energy and excitement.

I also can't wait to read about your day at your favorite park, you know, the one with the castle ;););)

Sarabell

Original Poster
So happy for you that Milo loved it!

Thanks a lot! he actually did, and last week he even said "Next time we go to Disney" :happy::inlove:

I can feel you and Milo's excitement thru your writing...so cute!

Thank you so much! I´m glad you´re enjoying. Sorry it´s taking me so long to write it

Excited to see where this goes! Milo's questions remind me quite a bit of the questions I was asked by my FIANCE just a few short months ago. ;)

LOL I know, those were ok for the first 2 times, but then they were just strange ;)

Fun read so far. Yes the Bugs glasses pic is a must. Indeed I would be furious also waiting 2hrs for Navi river also. Long park days are exhausting I do not envy your drive everyday. But jealous of your adult only trip.

I´m glad you´ve liked it so far! I guess the long wait was normal, but it was exhausting. Adult only trip is just theoretical... Milo is a little kid, only way bigger and bulkier...:p

I keep looking at your pictures and cannot determine if Milo is having fun or not !!??!!

Maybe I should just consider the goofy ear to ear grin that he has on ALL THE TIME as an official stamp of approval!!!!!

It is great that you were able to share your Disney side with your brother

following along

Max

LOL that really is a big grin right? I was just so happy to see him having a blast. Thanks for reading.

Oh, and Milo is my Boyfriend, we´ve been together for 2.5 years.

I LOVE seeing all of these pics. It's so fun seeing Disney through the eyes of a first time visitor! I can only imagine Milo's reaction when you first rode through that magical underpass welcoming you to the World. It always brings me that new surge of energy and excitement.

I also can't wait to read about your day at your favorite park, you know, the one with the castle ;););)

It really was even better with him, cause I could see him get surprised by everything. It only renewed my love for this place.

And the one with the castle is up next! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom