Are you known as 'the person who goes to Disney'?

jayhawkmickey

My wife and I go every year or two, we don't have kids, we're both teachers with 20+ kids in our classes, I'm in my early forties and I hear a lot of "why in the world do you go there, isn't it just for kids?" My reply is that sitting on a boring old beach or out in the woods cooking my own food sounds awful! Going to a place with great food, so many things to do you can't do them all, wonderful cast members who bend over backwards for you, rides, shows, fireworks every night, free transportation, shopping, and not having to worry about anything more than what ride to go on next fits our personalities perfectly. We've vacationed in NYC, Chicago, and Portland and while they all were great places to visit we never felt heartsick when we came home from there. I figure you either get it or not, like camping, I just don't get it?

3Caballeros

Yes. I hear, "when is your next trip?" And some people ask for advice or refer others to get advice from me. Then, I try not to provide information overload, as I can talk about WDW for hours.
My parents didn't understand why we kept going back...until we took them in September. Now they want us all to go on a Disney Cruise.

officialtom

I figure you either get it or not, like camping, I just don't get it?
Funny that you use camping as an example because I absolutely LOVE camping, but also love Disney. I haven't camped at Disney yet, though...maybe someday! For now, I consider them completely separate types of vacations, but I make sure to do both once a year.

Clowd Nyne

We go every two years and yes people think we go a lot. I think the reason is my wife and i begin planning our next trip the day we get home. We still buy pins and vinylmation when we are at home. It's less of a fandom and more of a way of life. If more people showed their Disney side the world would be a better place.

graphite1326

I am. I now lie about where I am going. I have a camp out in the woods and go camping about every weekend during the summer. I hate the beach, BORING. I've done a few other things and gone to different amusement parks. But still love WDW.

Side note: i have no interest in going to Disneyland. There just wouldn't be enough for me to do.

PaulaT

I definately am. I get crap from everyone I work with especially. We have been going about 4-5 times a year and even friends laugh at us. People don't even ask where we are going on vacation, they just assume its Disney. My husband gets it from everyone at his job. Most guys he works with tell him that they hated going to WDW, why would you want to go so many times? My kids will be 12 and 10 this year and we leave on their 17th trip in 9 days. My 12 year old daughter and I are running the 10k Princess

Betsyboo

We've gone every couple of years with our son. This year when I said just my husband and I were going I got some weird looks. I think Disney is fun, and a get away from reality. There's nothing like it. Walking down MSUSA is a feeling that everyone should have at least once. Now that we've been going often people do ask me for help and I love helping them plan their trips.

pumpkin7

That's definitely me.
I'm waiting for a moment to tell them that I've purchased the 'Andy's Toy Chest' versions of Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Considering I'm a 25 year old with no kids, they're going to think I'm very sad. But it's ok! I know what Disney magic is, most have never been and think it's 'sad'. Oh they haven't lived!

HM Spectre

Not necessarily "the person who goes to Disney" because I don't get out there nearly enough but when people need advice about booking, ADRs, FP, etc... let's just say they know who to talk to. ;)

Mukta

I go to DL at least once a week, I give lots of free tours there and I visit WDW a ton. I went to WDW in Sept, Dec and now I am going again next week. People roll their eyes at me, but I am considered an expert to them.

bethymouse

Guilty as charged.:eek:
Seriously though, my coworkers ask me every end of the school year, " Are you going to Disney this year?". Lately I've been telling them "no". But, still hoping that we'll get there this summer.;) I guess I get tired of them asking me. I should say, "Yes, and are you going to the beach house this year?".:p

Obi

i've had a few people ask me to help plan their trip to wdw... none of them have gotten back to me yet on helping them.

i did have, one time, a person call and text me to help them out with their trip while they were actually in the parks at the time... it was a last minute thing, they made no plans whatsoever... i did my best and they did thank me for helping them. told me, after they got back, that i did help them and that next time they will get in touch with me way before they plan on going to help them get better planned..

Fable McCloud

I'm the one everyone calls for trip planning and tips. I've only been twice, but spend five minutes with me and you'll know that WDW is where my heart lies, and if I had the income I'd go every year. Right now, it's almost impossible due to being broke and trying to start a life outside my parents house with my boyfriend.

Yeah, I'm the Disney Expert in my circle of friends, and man, that's awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom