Are You Kidding Me?

duchess1576

Please tell me that the Spring Break crowds will calm down by April 18-22!!!

I just read the wait times posted for March 21st and was REALLY surprised! Maybe I'm naive, but I never imagined the ride lines being THIS long!

Big Thunder Mountain- 65 min???
Buzz Lightyear- 70 min???
It's a small world- 45 min???
Jungle Cruise- 55 min???
Space Mountain- 95 min.???
Stitch's Great Escape- 90 min.???
Haunted Mansion- 45 min???
Pirates of the Carribean- 35 min.???
Mission Space- 115 min???

Test Track- 190 min!!!!!!!???????

Is this NORMAL? This seems outrageous and it makes me REALLY sad to think I'll be spending most of my Disney vacation standing in a line!

Of course I plan on using Fastpass, but I heard it's unlikely that I can sign up for more than one Fastpass ride at a time! I have only one day per park planned. We plan on making the most of our time, by eating breakfast at the hotel food court every morning BEFORE park opening, getting there right at the opening and eating quick little lunches. But in order to make all of our PS reservations for dinner, we have to start leaving the parks at around 4:00 PM. Another way we're using time wisely is visiting the park that has the extra evening magic hours that day. So do you think it's REALLY possible to ride all the good rides AND still have time to enjoy the scenery and do other things, all in ONE day??? I hope so. I'm getting nervous.

Yellow Shoes

Many school districts tie their spring break to Easter week. Since Easter is March 27, it would stand to reason that the Monday before, March 21, would be busy.

And for next year's planning purposes, Easter 2006 is April 16.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I was there for Easter last week. We got there the thursday before. And being that most people have Good Friday off and then a lot of schools just add that week as spring break that is what happened. After Easter we got on everything in no time. Splash mountain 2 times in a row a wait no longer than 5 minutes. Walked right into Mickey's Philharmagic, and we never had to stand up on any busses!

Upvote 0

ampersand2001

The wait times for test track are always insane, at least whenever I show up. I stood in that queue ONCE, and I wanted to rip my hair out after listening to the click clank music for two hours. FAST PASS, here I come!!! Another good time to go is right before illuminations starts, because everybody jockeys for position, I rode it twice in a row a few weeks ago. good times!

Upvote 0

Thnkindependent

I work at the Magic Kingdom as a seasonal cast member and it's true that you are still technically coming toward the end of peak spring break season. I know this because they still put me on the schedule on those dates. But the crowds will not be that bad unless you hit the rides at a really really bad time. I think you'll be okay. Just make sure you make use of fast pass and of course common sense when figuring out when to visit attractions.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Never wait in a long line, especailly if you have kids.

These wait times are for the middle of the day, the busiest time. We normally leave to go back to the resort then anyway.

I would think you can get a great deal of attractions done during "off times" (the morning before 10:30 or so, evening, using fast pass. Avoid the park that has EMH except for the actual EMH and then only go if atractions you want to ride or see or open.) This is a lot easier if you don't have kids. But then again why go over Easter unless you have kids in school or are a teacher yourself? :lol:

One word of warning. Fast passes will run out for the whole park by 2:00 or so, so make sure you get some for that evening. If you have a family of 4 and not everyone wants to go on rides like SM you can use 2 tickets for FP for that and then 2 for a different ride.

Good luck, be sure to get there at park opening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom