Are you buying Genie+

Will you buy Genie+

• Total voters

Mark Dunne

Those are all COVID problems though. I don't think they should be lumped in with dropping Magical Express or charging for resort parking.
The Magical express is a kick in the teeth TBH, from the UK when you arrive its just so nice to know you'll be looked after once you get through passport control , now it will be a stress bum fight to get and book a mears bus to take you to your hotel, now the ticket tier system, also the luxury hotel after hours , Mr Chapek will become the most unpopular CEO in its history, they didn't need to change anything, marvel movies and star wars movie with all the merch, made them a load of money, plus Disney plus +, this is pure greed.

JusticeDisney

The problem is that it's not really a $15 charge. Even if you're solo, it would be $75 for 5 days. That's not the real issue, though -- the real issue is for families. A couple with three kids is looking at an additional $90 a day or $450 over 5 days. That's real money. Of course you don't have to buy it every day, but you'd probably want to if you're there at the busier times.

I still don't think many people are going to cancel their trips, but framing it as just an additional $15 is misleading.
5 x 15 = 75 😉

Your point is still well taken, though.

Muffinpants

Original Poster
The Magical express is a kick in the teeth TBH, from the UK when you arrive its just so nice to know you'll be looked after once you get through passport control , now it will be a stress bum fight to get and book a mears bus to take you to your hotel, now the ticket tier system, also the luxury hotel after hours , Mr Chapek will become the most unpopular CEO in its history, they didn't need to change anything, marvel movies and star wars movie with all the merch, made them a **** load of money, plus Disney plus +, this is pure greed.
Ofc it's pure greed. Why else would they be in this job? They are there to make money. Make money > fund new projects > build new rides and areas > make more money > build new hotel > make 5th gate> make more money. Unless they lose a giant percent of customers that are the folks they want to keep. (Hire paying customers) they will not change.

CaptainAmerica

Then its power to the people, if we stick together, and use the stand by queues only, painful yes but it would make a stand, then they make think twice,
no-i-dont-think.gif

Muffinpants

Original Poster
Then its power to the people, if we stick together, and use the stand by queues only, painful yes but it would make a stand, then they make think twice,
Won't happen . It's to cheap. To easy to budget a few days to use it. Look at it this way.. no one batted an eye at vip tours because it was just way outta our price points. People are upset because it is within reach and feel pressure to HAVE TO get it. Much different situation.

flempoby

I get it doesn't charge u extra for specific rides. But each park will have 2 rides that are extra. Even if it is the top end at $24 then that comes out to the same $70 universal charges. Personally I would pay the 15 as its basically maxpass which I have done before. I won't pay for the extra rides tho, I will use standby.
Except there won't be stand-by for Rat, Rise, Tron (probably) and Guardians (probably). Those will be boarding groups or pay only. I say probably on the last two, but come on...if they are doing boarding groups for Rat then you know they are going to do it on the other two. I've seen many videos of Rat and it's simply not worth paying for (to me...without kids). They just know Epcot is a park that has little for the kids to do and still has hour long lines for Frozen.

flempoby

Why do you expect that everything at MK would be booked up for an entire morning?
Ok, fair enough. All the ride we WANT to ride are booked up. We have been so many times that I'm not interested in some of the rides. I guess that means that Genie+ isn't made for people like us. I don't need to do buzz or small world or dumbo. If I can't get on pirates, jungle cruise, haunted mansion and space in the morning, once inside the park, after resorts guests have grabbed up some of them at 7am, then it's a waste. I'm not saying the whole idea is a horrible one, I just think another forum member said it right earlier, this is for the younger people who don't remember when things were free. Not just free at Disney, but everywhere. They are used to having to pay to get better service and they won't even blink at this, if they can easily afford or plan their budget for it.

CaptainAmerica

Ok, fair enough. All the ride we WANT to ride are booked up. We have been so many times that I'm not interested in some of the rides. I guess that means that Genie+ isn't made for people like us. I don't need to do buzz or small world or dumbo. If I can't get on pirates, jungle cruise, haunted mansion and space in the morning, once inside the park, after resorts guests have grabbed up some of them at 7am, then it's a waste. I'm not saying the whole idea is a horrible one, I just think another forum member said it right earlier, this is for the younger people who don't remember when things were free. Not just free at Disney, but everywhere. They are used to having to pay to get better service and they won't even blink at this, if they can easily afford or plan their budget for it.
"People who sleep in and come to the park hours after it opens should have the same experience as people who wake up early and are among the first through the gates" is an impossible standard that no queuing system can solve.

Mark Dunne

Ofc it's pure greed. Why else would they be in this job? They are there to make money. Make money > fund new projects > build new rides and areas > make more money > build new hotel > make 5th gate> make more money. Unless they lose a giant percent of customers that are the folks they want to keep. (Hire paying customers) they will not change.
I get that there always building new projects, and we love them for that , i think the hardship comes from changing so much so fast, for me fast pass worked fine, i haven't had the chance to ride ROTR yet, so am not familiar on how hard it is to get a pass for, there's no reason to cancel MAG EXP, its still paying customers coming to your world, if they hiked the ticket prices up for all that there giving us, fine then id even buy into that, but its the complication on a app system that when stretched couldn't cope with the wi-fi signal for the M.D.EX, how will it cope with everyone on at 7.00 am, also yes Walt needed to make money, every CEO has needed to balance the books, but again to change so much so quickly, the timing couldn't be worse, with families really struggling throughout this pandemic. this wont change my mind, i still love WDW. this is just a shame its changing so fast

COrunner

I think for me I will.

Yes it's 'pay to win' or tactics that made me disdain Universal Studios for offering effectively the same thing.

What it will make me reconsider is the type of hotel I stay in. With DME going away and 30 minutes of extra time as the draw it makes staying close to the property that much more desirable with a shuttle going to from Disney Springs then the parks over staying at them.

J_Carioca

When ticket books were replaced with one and multi-day "passports", that ended the then long standing process of paying per-ride. You paid more to get into the park, but now could go on rides as many times as you could within a day's visit.

When FASTPASS was introduced in 1999, part of its selling point was that it was a free service. It was meant to indirectly get you to spend money on other things elsewhere, but the line skipping program itself was not. Other parks may have charged for a similar service, but part of the "Disney difference" was that their version was free.

Now he we are decades later, with significantly inflated ticket prices, including variable pricing, and they want us to pay MORE on top of that to go on the rides?

No. I am not paying extra to go on rides that have been there for years that Disney can no longer properly staff or maintain.

I've never paid for a similar service. The only time I had Universal Express was when I've stayed at one of their Deluxe hotels.

I'd honestly rather they expand After Hours or VIP services than this.

When ticket books were replaced with one and multi-day "passports", that ended the then long standing process of paying per-ride. You paid more to get into the park, but now could go on rides as many times as you could within a day's visit.

When FASTPASS was introduced in 1999, part of its selling point was that it was a free service. It was meant to indirectly get you to spend money on other things elsewhere, but the line skipping program itself was not. Other parks may have charged for a similar service, but part of the "Disney difference" was that their version was free.

Now he we are decades later, with significantly inflated ticket prices, including variable pricing, and they want us to pay MORE on top of that to go on the rides?

No. I am not paying extra to go on rides that have been there for years that Disney can no longer properly staff or maintain.

I've never paid for a similar service. The only time I had Universal Express was when I've stayed at one of their Deluxe hotels.

I'd honestly rather they expand After Hours or VIP services than this.
Amen.

J_Carioca

On principle, I will not. Some of my most treasured memories are from Disney trips, but I've reached the point where I feel like I'm in a relationship with someone who knows they can act as badly as they want and I still won't leave. It's like Disney knows that they can do whatever they want and we'll still keep going back. Well, it has severely impacted my feelings of loyalty. I know I will go back sometime, but I don't think it will be soon, and I certainly won't pay for any of the "extras".

MouseMelly

On principle, I will not. Some of my most treasured memories are from Disney trips, but I've reached the point where I feel like I'm in a relationship with someone who knows they can act as badly as they want and I still won't leave. It's like Disney knows that they can do whatever they want and we'll still keep going back. Well, it has severely impacted my feelings of loyalty. I know I will go back sometime, but I don't think it will be soon, and I certainly won't pay for any of the "extras".
So many similar feelings. I've grown up loving Disney trips, and passing that along to my kids. But it just feels so one-sided anymore 😔

and sadly... I'd probably make it worse by paying for the services out of force. But it would likely be a last trip, or at least cause a very long break.

aliceismad

Probably been said but my guess is that everyday at 7am the system will crash.
I know MDE is not great, although I never had a problem when getting another FP in the parks. I'm curious whether the boarding group system been crashing?

Also I wonder if the morning time for boarding groups will be moved?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom