Votes: 8 4.1%
  • I have never been to Disneyland but plan on it

Votes: 38 19.3%
  • I have been to Disneyland

Votes: 89 45.2%

• Total voters

AndyS2992

I've been to
-WDW Resort (All 6 parks+DS+BW+Both mini golf courses)
-Disneyland Paris (Both parks and Village)
-Asterix Parc
-Universal Orlando (Both parks and CW but not Volcano Bay)
-SeaWorld Orlando (Just SeaWorld, not Aquatica)
-Alton Towers, Drayton Manor, Thorpe park and other UK parks

Really want to visit Disneyland CA and Knott's. Hopefully soon, though airfare alone is outrageous.

I find it very odd people will only visit WDW, you are really limiting yourself there and missing out. It's like trying a salted potato chip and being like 'yep, this is good enough!' and never trying other flavours or brands which you may like a lot better, but you'll never know because you are unwilling to try.

aliceismad

I live far from both coasts, so any of these choices requires planning and cash and vacation time. WDW and DLR are the only ones I would plan a vacation around. Other theme/amusement parks are nice additions to other vacations if possible, just as we often try to fit in zoos, aquariums, and baseball stadiums into our travel plans. Likewise, I'd love to see some of the overseas parks, but we would never plan a vacation specifically to see Tokyo DisneySea.

bubbles1812

WDW is my first love but I really enjoy Universal as well, especially since the advent of the HP additions. I have a soft spot for Sea World. Never been to Lego Land but will probably get there some time. Cape Canaveral was a joy.

Most of the time Universal gets tacked on to a more Disney focused trip, probably every second to third trip down to Florida. We usually give it two to three days. Except if we’re going at Halloween. I enjoy Disney’s Halloween events but nothing beats Universal at that time of year.

All the rest are occasionally sprinkled about throughout Disney trips.

I have been to Disneyland once. People toot its horn a lot on here but I honestly don’t have much of a desire to go back.

PiratesMansion

While my enthusiasm for parks really started with Disney, I love theme parks and hit around 20 each year.

There are a lot of great parks that hardly get any attention because they're not in California or Florida. Some of my favorites are Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Busch Gardens in VA, Kennywood, and Knoebels.

Right now DLR works better for my interests and vacation style than WDW does. Although I enjoy WDW, I find other vacation destinations to be a better use of my time and money.

Obviously people have different levels of interest, financial ability, etc but I've never understood the people who claim to love one Disney resort and have the ability to travel but have no desire to see any of the other parks/resorts. The fact that some people have been to WDW dozens and dozens of times but have never tried (and/or have no desire to try) Universal, Disneyland, or any of the international parks is astounding to me. They're all different and all worth seeing in my eyes.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
You left out "been to Universal and Sea World but don't like them."

I guess there could be an "other" option. I am always curious with people who post this because I always have more questions with this than someone who says they haven't been to either of them yet, just WDW. Because I will always say take the time to do them next trip. But if you have been and didn't like them why is that? Just curious because while the experience of Disney is not comparable to other places I still love a day at Universal and even Sea World. Great parks. Heck, I love going to Six Flags too or even a local carnival/fair. Nothing is Disney, but I just don't get how people can just not like the other places. Is it just too much comparing to Disney?

CaptainAmerica

I guess there could be an "other" option. I am always curious with people who post this because I always have more questions with this than someone who says they haven't been to either of them yet, just WDW. Because I will always say take the time to do them next trip. But if you have been and didn't like them why is that? Just curious because while the experience of Disney is not comparable to other places I still love a day at Universal and even Sea World. Great parks. Heck, I love going to Six Flags too or even a local carnival/fair. Nothing is Disney, but I just don't get how people can just not like the other places. Is it just too much comparing to Disney?
A day at Universal is fine... if I got one for free I would take it and enjoy myself. The problem is that it's priced like Disney for nowhere near Disney quality. I love some of the local amusement parks near home, but they're $30 a day and I can drive and camp nearby for $40 a night.

macsmom

I've been to Disneyland, but it was more than 20 years ago. Since then, I do nothing but WDW. I love going, but the main reason I do WDW is the travel setup. I ended up in a wheelchair a few years ago. I've done 2 solo trips since then. Someone drives me to the airport, drops me off and from then on, everything is easy. Oddly enough, I really don't have a desire to visit any other park. I did half a day at Universal in 1999, but that was before I did a lot of research.

Disney really does make it easy going in a chair. I was nervous making my first solo trip without someone being with me, but no problems. I know that the Cast Members "have to be nice to me" but they really seem to go over and beyond. Guests too.

dontknow

We have been to WDW three times with one more planned this summer. While there, we've never had the desire to go outside of the Disney grounds.

We have been to DisneyLand once and would love to go back. In some ways we enjoy the differences more than WDW.

Our next trip may be a Disney Cruise.

Have also been to a larger scaled theme park a few times (not Disney) that is about a 4 hour drive. It's also very popular but doesn't hold a candle to the overall Disney experience. However, it's very expensive, so we don't/can't just go on a whim.

Damon7777

"Are you a WDW loyalist?"

Well Phil, no, I'm not
I'm loyal to theme park quality; thus, I go after specific parts of Universal, Bush and Disney even if my travels take me to Virginia, southern Cali, Paris and far east Asia to get my fix.

I freelance my theme park visits.

Last edited:

BraveGirl

We used to take day trips to Universal and Sea World back when it didn't cost an arm and a leg to go to Disney, and we would do weeklong trips. Also that was back when Universal was just one park and could easily be done in a day. So we haven't been to those in a while, since our WDW trips are usually 4 or 5 days now. I've been to DL too, and I try to go there whenever I'm in southern CA. I'm actually planning a WDW trip in the fall with a one day foray to Universal just for the HP stuff, since my kids and I are big HP fans.

The_Jobu

I enjoy Uni as much as WDW, I always do both when I visit.

I'm not against visiting DL, but it's just too far and too expensive for me so my interest is low. I could probably stretch the cost of a DL trip to two WDW trips.

Goofyernmost

I am an equal opportunity loyalist. I have as good a time at Universal then at Disney, sometimes even more so because frankly in recent years Uni has surpassed Disney when it comes to originality, theming detail and just plain entertainment. Sea World is a place that I haven't been to for years. I'm not that much of a fan of imprisoned animals, in spite of the how well they might be kept, fed and treated. I stopped one time when I took my kids to the seal show, which is usually pretty funny. This time for some reason it was mating season or something and all the males were physically looking really "randy" if you know what I mean. They had to stop the show in the middle and usher us all out of theater. I'm not prudish, but, frankly I could have gone pretty much all my life without witnessing that. My kids were young and really never knew what happened, got to love innocence (I wonder what happened to that), but, It kind of turned me away from having any desire to go there again.

However, I would go to Orlando to just see Universal as I would Disney. It really depends on my time restrictions. I am really waiting to see what Star Wars Land has in it. Who knows, they may have made up a lot of ground quickly technology wise.

Bartledvd

Always happy to go to WDW we tried uni but with having no interest in HP it was a one and done for us not seen any new additions since we went that have made us want to return.

Seaworld we liked we go every couple of years and head to busch gardens also for a day.

Tried DLP last year no plans to return just yet but in a few years after all the work being done we will go back and we are planning a trip to Disney land Tokyo hopefully in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Rumrunner

Inspired by the thread where a mother was asking if she should take her family to Universal. Which got me thinking, what sort of Disney fan are you?

When you come to Orlando is it just Disney and no other parks or nothing else?
Do you have any interest in Disneyland? Do you ever want to go? Have you gone and want to go again?
Do you frequent Universal?

I will start by saying I am the type that has been to Disneyland and WDW with WDW being my home park and first choice, but still longing to go to Disneyland again soon. I don't think it is a poor replacement for a WDW trip. To me it is like choosing between steak and lobster. Any Disney fan worth their salt has to take a trip to see the original in my opinion. No different than a Disneyland fan too stubborn to see the beauty of WDW. I also go to Universal when I can. It certainly is on our list when we go down there because we know the place is good enough to go to Orlando just on its own.

I have been to WDW in 1991, 1995, 1997, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2017 and 2018 with Disneyland at 2012. However..........
Universal in 1993, 1997, 2002, 2009, 2018 and Hollywood in 2012, and..............
Sea World in 1991, 1997, 2009
Busch Gardens Tampa in 1991, 1997, 2009

So I am "that" type. What is your type. Answer it in the poll.

WDW is the only place that interests me. Have been with my kids in earlier years and kids and grandkids in later years. 1975-1976-1988-1989-2001-2004-2014-2016-2018.

When we get enough of Disney, which we haven't will try some other things. It is a 2500 mile round trip so we can't make it that often.

Rumrunner

I've been to
-WDW Resort (All 6 parks+DS+BW+Both mini golf courses)
-Disneyland Paris (Both parks and Village)
-Asterix Parc
-Universal Orlando (Both parks and CW but not Volcano Bay)
-SeaWorld Orlando (Just SeaWorld, not Aquatica)
-Alton Towers, Drayton Manor, Thorpe park and other UK parks

Really want to visit Disneyland CA and Knott's. Hopefully soon, though airfare alone is outrageous.

I find it very odd people will only visit WDW, you are really limiting yourself there and missing out. It's like trying a salted potato chip and being like 'yep, this is good enough!' and never trying other flavours or brands which you may like a lot better, but you'll never know because you are unwilling to try.

You are probably right but.
In my case if I like a potato chip until I get my fill of something I really like just don't have any reason to try something else. Still haven't had my fill of Disney and until I do will go to Disney exclusively.

If I want something else will do it in my home state of Texas. We have beaches, Six Flags, Sea World, etc etc. but they are not Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom