Votes: 8 4.1%
  • I have never been to Disneyland but plan on it

Votes: 38 19.3%
  • I have been to Disneyland

Votes: 89 45.2%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Inspired by the thread where a mother was asking if she should take her family to Universal. Which got me thinking, what sort of Disney fan are you?

When you come to Orlando is it just Disney and no other parks or nothing else?
Do you have any interest in Disneyland? Do you ever want to go? Have you gone and want to go again?
Do you frequent Universal?

I will start by saying I am the type that has been to Disneyland and WDW with WDW being my home park and first choice, but still longing to go to Disneyland again soon. I don't think it is a poor replacement for a WDW trip. To me it is like choosing between steak and lobster. Any Disney fan worth their salt has to take a trip to see the original in my opinion. No different than a Disneyland fan too stubborn to see the beauty of WDW. I also go to Universal when I can. It certainly is on our list when we go down there because we know the place is good enough to go to Orlando just on its own.

I have been to WDW in 1991, 1995, 1997, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2017 and 2018 with Disneyland at 2012. However..........
Universal in 1993, 1997, 2002, 2009, 2018 and Hollywood in 2012, and..............
Sea World in 1991, 1997, 2009
Busch Gardens Tampa in 1991, 1997, 2009

So I am "that" type. What is your type. Answer it in the poll.

NickWilde

Haven’t been to the ‘World in years, but when my family used to go it was WDW and WDW only. I’ve also been to DL and DCA back in 2015, which is the last time I’ve been to a Disney park despite desperately wanting to return.

mellyf

My husband and I actually prefer Universal now, although our sons (now grown) are split, lol. One prefers Disney and won't even consider Universal, while the other likes Disney, but prefers Universal. We used to be strictly WDW fans, and the boys grew up going to Disney every year to every other year. However, I've gotten to the point where I just prefer a more laid back vacation. I used to be much more of a planner when we went, but the planning has gotten excessive, at least for me. I really really want to go to Disneyland though.

NickMaio

We are HUGE WDW fans and all things Disney. My wife and I both remember Sunday's with Mr.Eisner - - Wonderful world of Disney.
However, we love theme parks and having fun.

belledream

I've been to Universal and Sea World a few times, but WDW was always the main attraction. As a kid, teen, and adult, I was always infinitely more drawn to Disney. So call me a WDW loyalist!

DL will be in my future sometime, but WDW is home to me.

rortoni

I've been to all Disney parks except Hong Kong. I'm a huge WDW fan, but my lady prefers Universal as she is a Potterhead...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've been to

• WDW Resort
  • Disneyland (anaheim) Resort
  • Tokyo Disneyland Resort
  • Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Universal Orlando
  • Universal Hollywood
  • Universal Osaka
  • Sea World Orlando
  • Busch Gardens Tampa
  • Busch Gardens Williamsburg
...and others not in those types (Hersheypark for example)

So yeah, more than the poll options presented. I like all of the parks in their own way, none of them are bad parks and I've visited nearly all of them multiple times, because I'm a theme park geek

MrMcDuck

I am a classic Disney fan first and foremost, so it's not Land vs. World for me. I enjoy every Disney park for what it has to offer.

I do like amusements other than Disney as well, so I've been to Universal, Sea World, Busch, Knott's Berry, several Six Flags, Dollywood, etc. Often, but not always, those non-Disney park visits will be part of a larger trip to a general area (e.g. a stop at Dollywood as part of a multi-day trip to the Great Smoky Mountains ).

Phonedave

When we go to WDW we go to WDW. I have been to other attractions (not just parks) in Florida, but usually for us, a trip to WDW is a trip to WDW, not to Florida (Sorry Florida) WDW itself is to blame for this. It's not as if we are superuber Disney fans. It is because of the pricing structure, the on-property mindset, and the fact that many times we go specifically for events such as F&W that we go to WDW.

If I were to go elsewhere in Florida, such as the Keys or Miami, I would not even consider a side trip to WDW.

If we make it out to SoCal it would be for a SoCal vacation, with perhaps a day or two at DL. NOT a "trip to DL"

winstongator

I went to MGM in 1997, Islands of Adventure in summer 2001, then took many years away from the parks. Got back on Disney after having kids, and bought annual passes when we moved to FL. We've done 3 days at Universal (95% at WWoHP) in the 4+ years we've been back in FL.

I love the thrill rides of Universal. Hulk, Rip-Ride-Rockit, Doom. The WWoHP rides are very cool too. I also really enjoy the immersion in the Wizarding World. However, that is the only part of Universal I would just 'hang out' in. WDW has a lot more where I can stroll and just enjoy the theming of the park. WDW is definitely about much more than just the rides.

While I very much enjoy Universal's parks, if you count my vote with my wallet and feet, I'm much more a WDW person. I'll be in CA in July and am undecided as to whether I'll brave Galaxy's Edge then.

JIMINYCR

Our vacation time is mainly spent at WDW parks but we have visited other parks and other sites. We have been to WDW multiple times and it gets the majority of our time and money. To travel such a long distance and not take advantage of the other available forms of entertainment the Orlando area has to offer would be foolish. During our usual 2 week trip we will occasionally take 1 or 2 days away from Disney.

Astro_Digital

I am not as much a fan as I used to be, hate the crowds, security, and most of all the PRICES !!!
Been to many theme parks Universal Studios is always a good time.

TongaToast21

I've been to

• WDW Resort
  • Disneyland (anaheim) Resort
  • Tokyo Disneyland Resort
  • Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Universal Orlando
  • Universal Hollywood
  • Universal Osaka
  • Sea World Orlando
  • Busch Gardens Tampa
  • Busch Gardens Williamsburg
...and others not in those types (Hersheypark for example)

So yeah, more than the poll options presented. I like all of the parks in their own way, none of them are bad parks and I've visited nearly all of them multiple times, because I'm a theme park geek
Glad to see Hershey park on here! They have some great coasters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom