Are we the only ones who stay all day?

mep517

We don't take a break in the afternoon. Our little ones cat nap in the stroller or in the baby bjorn and we make sure to take a mid afternoon snack break (usually somewhere like Casey's) and a relaxing dinner.

We tried to do a break and found that we spend an hour getting back to the hotel, then break time (1-2 hours), clean up, wait for transpo, then it's a good 5 hours later when we get back to the parks -- WAY too much time to be away!! We've never had a problem with crankiness, and it makes putting excited kiddos to bed much easier when they fall asleep on the bus :)

EvilQueen-T

my kids are 5 years apart and are now in their 20s but my oldest (son) would go from open to close day after day, his daughter, now 6 is the same way and even wants to hit the pool after a full park day (to have a little fun before going to sleep). my daughter was a mid day napper or she'd get cranky so we'd take a break and she and her dad would nap while my son and i hit the pool. my son now in his late 20s can't keep up with his own daughter so she likes to go with me and tells him he can go back to the hotel and rest.

loveofamouse

We don't go back to the hotel unless it just got down right ugly lol Our last trip, it rained EVERYDAY from 12-3. We stayed at the parks. lol. I buy good, more top end strollers that my kids find comfy. My oldest has been walking disney since she was 2 (her choice lol she wouldnt get in the stroller and walked the entire week). Currently, we use a Peg Perego Pliko 3 for my youngest which also has hidden step plates for a rider (my 6yr old) and my son, who used to ride in his own Pliko 3, now rides in a custom wheelchair. Comfort is had by all. We take minibreaks for snacks and parades and shows. They sleep just fine in their rides. My oldest refused naps since about age 3.

In fact, we found that going back to the hotel was worse! My younger two require 2.5hrs for decent naps. If we took the trip back to the hotel, they would sleep during transport, NOT fall back asleep in the room, and just be crankfaces for the rest of the day. If they nap in their strollers, unless something crazy loud happens, they'll sleep their 2.5hrs and be great. My son tends to take more naps at the park, sometimes 3 in the day.

mickey2008.1

We took our three kids last year and stayed all day. we used attractions like COP to rest in the afternoon. The only time it got tough was waiting for busses to come back from the park, and then they fell asleep. Work hard, play hard.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We once hit Mk at 8am for breakfast at Crystal Palce and didnot leave until after the Goodnight Kiss sometime after 2am that night!!

What a BRILLIANT day :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

PrincessTiffany

We have been going to WDW yearly since our kids were 2, 3, 4 and 7 and we hardly ever take afternoon breaks. Even when they were little we usually didn't go back to the resort, they just napped in the stroller. We do go back for a long nap if we are attending a hard ticket party event so they will be able to make it until midnight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom