Are We Crazy?!?!

ncstate7991

We just booked our third trip to WDW for 2011!

Trip 1, March: We were flying to Tampa to visit friends for 5 nights, and maybe go to MK for one day. Our friends were transferred back to NC three weeks before our trip, and it was going to cost way too much to change plane tickets, so we went to Disney.

Trip 2, September: This trip had been planned for about a year. Went with grandparents for a week. In March we purchased season tickets because we already knew about this trip.

After our trip in March, we bought DVC points via resale at BWV. DW and I were talking about how much we need to take a trip without our two girls. SW had a sale this week that would allow us to fly to MCO for $120/person roundtrip. We were able to use 22 DVC points for two nights at Jambo House, and because we have annual passes the airfare (and food) would be our only expense. It would be difficult to find a hotel at the beach or mountains for a long weekend at this price.

So, we are going to WDW for our third time in 9 months in December! We are excited, but family thinks we have lost our mind. So, are we crazy?!?!

wannabeBelle

Go and have a wonderful time!!!!! I get away as often as I can too, dont listen to the naysayers, they just havent found their happy place yet!!! Marie

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Our son chose to attend college in Winter Park (most convient of him) so we purchased APs when we moved him there in Sept 09. We moved him in then spent a long weekend at WDW. Jan 2010 we went to see DS and DH and I spent a week at WDW for our anniversary. June 2010 I went for 4 days with a friend who went to see a terminal relative. I was the driver and "shoulder" but they wanted family time so I saw DS and went to WDW. Sept 2010 a 10 day trip to Fort Wilderness with DH and visiting DS at college. When we purchased our APs we got in under the 15 month program for FL residents somehow, so we used them to the fullest advantage we could. So I actually had 4 trips in the space of a year!! Crazy -- no, awesome:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Our "craziest" moment was when we had been to Disney on May 6 and when Memorial Day rolled around May 30, we took an impromptu trip..and I mean impromptu...we looked at each other, missing our adult sons who were not around, and said, Let's Go to Disney World!; called the airlines, threw stuff into luggage(barely unpacked from earlier trip); called the petsitter; called for a resort room while on line boarding the plane (got into CBR), and had one of our best and most memorable trips. We kept looking at each other and laughing the entire 2 1/2 days, like "how did we get here??". We made this decision at 11 a.m. and our flight left at 2 p.m. By the way, we live in Chicago! So you are...NOT CRAZY!

Upvote 0

ncstate7991

Original Poster
Crazy?? Nahh.. I'm more curious on what you do for a living and are you hiring? LOL
Have fun and see ya down there in December.
49 days!!!:sohappy:

LOL ... we aren't hiring, but we are fortunate! Hope you have a wonderful time and see you real soon!

We have spent less on these three trips than most people spend in one trip, but yes we are very lucky, fortunate, and excited.

This trip is going to be totallly different than going with our two little girls, so DW and I are really looking forward to it!

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

Due to some odd circumstances and having annual passes at the time we once went four times in one 12 month period. Enjoy yourselves and thank your lucky stars.

Upvote 0

10Magic

If you hate WDW, then you are crazy. If you love it as much as it seems you do, similar to most of us, then go for it! Do the things that give you the most joy as often as you can!

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

Sounds like my husband and I! Went for a week in May...just got back from a long weekend....headed back for a few days at Christmas! We live in Rhode Island and have an annual pass ha ha. My co-workers think I'm a bit crazy, but jealous at the same time! Our annual pass is good till May 14th so we are also getting ready to book our first Disney cruise with the land / sea package. So excited!

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

I just booked my 4th trip in a year and half. I need to seriously consider APs! We just got back the last week of September and we will be leaving again the first week of March. I don't find visiting mutiple times a year crazy at all. if you have the means and availablity, go for it!

Upvote 0

SMS55

If Disney is what you like then who cares? There'a saying in spanish that I tell people who criticize things that I enjoy. It basically translates into "why are you suffering with what I enjoy?" I guess in Florida this is more common. I go a few times a year with my seasonal pass and so do a couple of my friends who have kids. For my family it's a great way to get out of town for a few days and spend some time together. I also like taking the boat out, but sometimes I want to go to Disney. I think I enjoy Disney more now as an adult than when I was a kid. Some people, like my parents, have this outlook that when you are an adult you have to live this square, boring life and you have to "outgrow" certain things. Life is short, enjoy it and do the things that bring a smile to your face man.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom