Are they still enforcing the fastpass return times?

menamechris

It wasn't this way in March. The fastpass lines were just as long as the regular lines or so it seemed. I didn't get to ride splash mt. because of this. And to the op, yes they are still enforcing this new rule, and is the reason why I didn't go back this month and why I allowed my AP to expire with no plans to renew it.

This is true. The standy-lines now seem to be quite longer since the fastpass rule has started being enforced - and that included last weekend, which was a relatively slow weekend. Anyone who thinks the new enforcement policy is for their convenience, or even overall efficiency, is kidding themselves, and clearly has not been to WDW to see it implemented.

I_heart_Tigger

This is true. The standy-lines now seem to be quite longer since the fastpass rule has started being enforced - and that included last weekend, which was a relatively slow weekend. Anyone who thinks the new enforcement policy is for their convenience, or even overall efficiency, is kidding themselves, and clearly has not been to WDW to see it implemented.

I was in WDW from Eaater Weekend to the 20th and the FP line was faster. The only standby line that I recall waiting any length of time for was RnR for about 30 minutes. I did see a posted wait time of 40 for Space but wasn't in that line to see how short it was

Every other line was 20 or less. Some had posted times of 30+ and were nowhere near that wait when I got in line.

I saw FP's being refused because people were breaking the rules and was happy about it because I did get to see this implemented and found it worked out great for me. Unless I just happened to be in the right place at the right time 20 times a day for two weeks :shrug:

disney magic 06

We were there the first two weeks of May and saw no problems with the fastpass queues. I did see one or two people asking if they could use their time-expired fastpasses but they all accepted the CM's explanation. The only people I heard really complaining were a family who arrived 2 minutes early at Space Mountain and were told they couldn't join the queue until the time on their tickets!

menamechris

I was in WDW from Eaater Weekend to the 20th and the FP line was faster. The only standby line that I recall waiting any length of time for was RnR for about 30 minutes. I did see a posted wait time of 40 for Space but wasn't in that line to see how short it was

I saw FP's being refused because people were breaking the rules and was happy about it because I did get to see this implemented and found it worked out great for me. Unless I just happened to be in the right place at the right time 20 times a day for two weeks :shrug:

It's a point that really can't be debated. Everyone's experience with the new procedure will be different based on when and where they are, as well as perception. As a local who goes to the resort frequently, I have noticed a difference. However, someone who comes only once a year or even less may find the change to be minor or even not notice. But as I said before, doing this is their call. Its their system, and they have to run it the way they view as most efficient.

elisatonks

The rule is here to stay so deal with it.

I will never, ever, understand the people who think that the Fastpass greeter that makes $9 an hour had anything to do with the decision to enforce the FP return times. It makes absolutely no sense to try and chew them out for just doing their job.

Thank you, this comment made my day, the execs make the decisions we get all the grief. (Though i do wish i made $9 an hour, you have to have like 7-8 years with the company at least before you even make that if you work attractions!!!)

2bornot2be

I for one am glad they are enforcing the rules for fastpasses. I actually never even knew you could return after the time listed on your pass anyway. Obviously some were taking advantage of Disneys forgiving system and probably ruined it for anyone who really does have a legitimate reason for being a little late. It must be priceless to see the "cheaters" argue their point though at the fastpass entrance.

Yes. I agree 100% with this!!!!!!!!!

mcstensrud

Hi all,
Just got back from a week at our home away from home last night.
At every Fastpass distribution place there was a CM asking if the FP time being given out works for them beause you have to come back between those times.
I think that the fast pass lines were shorter later in the day,especially at TS Midway Mania. which by the way they don't let anyone wait on the stairs anymore.Any one know why? Accident or something?:shrug:

mousehockey37

I will never, ever, understand the people who think that the Fastpass greeter that makes $9 an hour had anything to do with the decision to enforce the FP return times. It makes absolutely no sense to try and chew them out for just doing their job.

As they say:

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on theirs."

the-reason14

Really? you stopped going to Disney world and let your AP expire because they are now "enforcing" a rule that people return within a one hour window printed on their fastpass, which they allow you to use for free? Really?
Well hopefully this will weed out some of the whining/ pain in the bottom guests I'd rather not have at the park while I'm visiting....:wave:

Did you not read it? Ya, that's what I said. And you should still worry about the whining guest. If you don't hear it on here, you'll probably still run into them at the parks with the quality of the place deteriorating as most claim. Glad you care so much about my AP expiring as I don't think I could care any less about yours or whatever ticket you have. :D

G00fyDad

Did you not read it? Ya, that's what I said. And you should still worry about the whining guest. If you don't hear it on here, you'll probably still run into them at the parks with the quality of the place deteriorating as most claim. Glad you care so much about my AP expiring as I don't think I could care any less about yours or whatever ticket you have. :D

Pretty sure that the entire post was read. One less person in the parks as far as I am concerned. Kind of petty to allow something like the enforcement of a rule to keep you from renewing the AP. :veryconfu But oh well. Hope ya had fun! :wave:

majorrfb

There will always be people who believe that the rules don't apply to them
because............you fill in the blank. Or they are special because.......... you fill in the blank. Give the CM's a break and be on time or suffer the results that befall you. :brick:

the-reason14

Pretty sure that the entire post was read. One less person in the parks as far as I am concerned. Kind of petty to allow something like the enforcement of a rule to keep you from renewing the AP. :veryconfu But oh well. Hope ya had fun! :wave:

Ok and this has what to do with you? Petty or not, it's my decision. At least I'm not being counterproductive and complaining about the change and how much I hate it as well as other things around the place while continuing to book trips. Sooner or later common sense should catch up with you, better sooner then later while there's money still in the bank.

luv

Yup. Still enforcing it. They've got this whole new FP system that they're getting ready to roll out, so I wouldn't expect any changes until that happens.

There is a little grace period of like 15 minutes...it's on the bottom of the FP, on the right. Says "GP" followed by the time. But if you show up ONE minute past that GP, you can't use the FP. Even if it is one second after the clocks ticks to that minute, you're out of luck.

I find that the group of people clogging up the entrance to rides has become bigger than before. They're all waiting for their FP time to arrive.

I hate this new FP thing, FWIW.

luv

Are you implying that I'm lacking common sense because I go to Disney World?
No, he's not. He (she?) is saying he's been steadily disappointed by Disney for a while and this FP thing was the straw that broke the camel's back.

If he (she?) doesn't want to renew an AP, it has nothing to do with you. It wasn't a personal anger directed at you. It was a personal, financial, Disney-related choice made by that poster.

I am sick of the restaurant crap and have been for years...since all this dining plan crap began, practically. I decided this week not to renew my TIW. I'm not going to eat there much any longer.

Everyone makes their own decisions.

Don't be offended. :)

the-reason14

No, he's not. He (she?) is saying he's been steadily disappointed by Disney for a while and this FP thing was the straw that broke the camel's back.

If he (she?) doesn't want to renew an AP, it has nothing to do with you. It wasn't a personal anger directed at you. It was a personal, financial, Disney-related choice made by that poster.

I am sick of the restaurant crap and have been for years...since all this dining plan crap began, practically. I decided this week not to renew my TIW. I'm not going to eat there much any longer.

Everyone makes their own decisions.

Don't be offended. :)

He(I) thank you. And it's not so much that I've been disappointed with them for awhile, it's just that I don't see the need to renew my AP with this new policy in force. I know it sounds silly to some, but it's real to me. I do plan on going again, I just don't plan on being an AP for awhile if ever. Next time I'll go is when a substantial amount of new rides, shows, and attractions are built. I just don't think it's worth it anymore. And with the fastpass plus coming, I don't see the need in the extra hassle of planning my every move for the day in order to ride the same rides that I've been on for years, most of which are falling apart. And the possibility of it costing extra? Time for a break.

G00fyDad

Ok and this has what to do with you? Petty or not, it's my decision. At least I'm not being counterproductive and complaining about the change and how much I hate it as well as other things around the place while continuing to book trips. Sooner or later common sense should catch up with you, better sooner then later while there's money still in the bank.

LMAO :ROFLOL: When have I complained about this change? I welcomed it. ;) And what does your childish decision have to do with me? Not much, other than you maybe taking up one less spot in a line I happen to be in. Thanks for that by the way!! :wave: And I have plenty of common sense. I show it in that I do not allow something this petty to dictate my life. :rolleyes: Common sense should tell you that if you are too big of a child to handle the rules being enforced, you should have stayed home long ago. ;)

And if you are so upset by the way Disney handles its business, please... don't give them another dime. That'll show em. :D

rct247

They cannot allow a grace period for guests to get used to the "new rule" because how would a grace period be enforced. They had to be strict from the start. When you have some guests that visit every week and come that have only visited once in the past decade, it is hard to determine what would be fair. Disney has done what they can to inform their guests as well. So far, there have honestly been few complaints than what I think most expected there to be. Most people follow just fine. Don't try to cheat the system or plead with a cast member because they have probably heard it all and in the end it will only frustrate you and your family. As stated in a previous post, just plan ahead and accordingly. It won't be as bad as you think.

SMS55

And with the fastpass plus coming, I don't see the need in the extra hassle of planning my every move for the day in order to ride

This is one thing that's been annoying me about Disney lately. It seems that you have to plan every move. You have to make appointments to ride rides, to eat, etc. I'm on vacation. I deal with schedules and appointments back home, I don't want to be doing it on vacation. Not a knock on some of you guys that make spreadsheets and plan every minute, but that's not for me. I get to the parks at rope drop to beat the crowds and wing it afterwards. Since I drive it's easy for me to eat off 192. I've eaten at some of the Disney restaurants, but just haven't been overly impressed to justify the high price for the food. I enjoy the rides and family time and that's why I go, but I don't like this much planning. Honestly they should do away with fastpass. Those of use that have been going fora while know how to work it and will figure how to work it the new one, but to the family that's never been there and spends have their trip with their faces buried in a map it's not fair to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom