are there NO SAFE areas off site any more?

morgan22

Apart from twice, we've always stayed off-site from the late 1980's and all through the 90's and 00's - we've stayed on 192, I drive, private villas and LBV ... and have never felt unsafe in any on any of our trips ... The only accomodation we ever felt dodgy in was a Days Inn near I-drive which had a cockroach infestation so we moved ... having said that most of the hotels/motels on 192 look like they've seen better days on recent trips

Tom Morrow

Back in the day when Disney didn't have all the hotels it currently has, 192 used to be where most people stayed.As the years passed and more people started staying onsite or in other tourist areas like I-Drive and the Lake Buena Vista area, 192 has become more run-down, and nobody can tell me that's not true.I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere east of 535 on 192.West of 535 there's still some good places like the Comfort Suites by Old Town, but east of 535 all that's left are old, run-down hotels in an area that's honestly getting worse daily.I stay at a lot of International Drive area hotels even when I'm going to Disney, it might be close to Universal but it's only like 10 minutes to Disney on I-4 and I feel safe enough on I-Drive or LBV.
Agreed. I live near 535, and 192 east of 535 (the opposite direction of Old Town) is not a place tourists should stay. My friends have stayed in hotels about a mile east of 535 on 192, and they were run down, disgusting, and he got hastled by bums, saw drug dealings, and had "scam" flyers for resturants that don't exist trying to get your credit card number.

However, pretty much anywhere near Old Town is ok, and everything on 535, I-Drive, and Palm Parkway is completely safe and you should have no problems.

When people say Orlando has a lot of crime, they are referring to the inner city... which the WDW/Lake Buena Vista area is not in or near.

slappy magoo

I have been going to WDW since it opened.. I have never stayed on Base, ever... But in the past 10 years.. the area at the Florida Mall got very bad.. and then worst. So we looked for a different hotel.. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate east.. Now the Seralargo.. and now I am reading reviews that say that this area is no longer safe..

Is it so that no area is safe anymore? I really want to know.. and I am noticing a very large lack of posters for off site hotels.. is it time not to come to WDW and look for some place else to go?

Uh, not to sound like a complete doo shnozzle, but crimes have been committed inside of WDW, too. Security is good, but it ain't perfect.

Here's an example for ya, it ain't pretty, especially if you read the link-within-the-link.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=50724

figment1985

It's all those disgusting Sea World and Universal people that make it so ooogy outside of the World.:D

HA HA HA great post.

Honestly, I would say...save some more money if possible and stay at a value resort. The security feels great and it's sooo much easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom