are the toy guns coming back?

copcarguyp71

I work with law enforcement on a regular basis and have sat in on some "active shooter" talks now and then. I understand toy guns seem like no big deal in and of themselves but god forbid the poop ever hits the fan in the awful circumstance of an active shooter situation having a ton of kids with toy guns or more importantly a shooter with the ability to make his own gun look like a toy gun to enhance his effectiveness in not being acted upon then that puts the effectiveness of law enforcement in question in terms of judgement to act as well as the safety of those children with toy guns. I know it sounds silly sitting there reading that at your desk or on your couch but imagine having to make that call as an officer whose life (along with the lives of everyone else in the malay of confusion in these situations) is in peril every second the event is still happening.

At the end of the day it is not Disney's nor the law abiding citizens fault but rather the nefarious people of the world. A sad commentary on the state of things but there you have it...one possible counterpoint.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Toy guns will never make a comeback at any Disney theme park because of the society we live in right now.

CaptainAmerica

I work with law enforcement on a regular basis and have sat in on some "active shooter" talks now and then. I understand toy guns seem like no big deal in and of themselves but god forbid the poop ever hits the fan in the awful circumstance of an active shooter situation having a ton of kids with toy guns or more importantly a shooter with the ability to make his own gun look like a toy gun to enhance his effectiveness in not being acted upon then that puts the effectiveness of law enforcement in question in terms of judgement to act as well as the safety of those children with toy guns. I know it sounds silly sitting there reading that at your desk or on your couch but imagine having to make that call as an officer whose life (along with the lives of everyone else in the malay of confusion in these situations) is in peril every second the event is still happening.

At the end of the day it is not Disney's nor the law abiding citizens fault but rather the nefarious people of the world. A sad commentary on the state of things but there you have it...one possible counterpoint.
That line of thinking can be applied to ban all sorts of things and would lead to us all wrapping ourselves in plastic bubbles and quivering under blankets all day every day. Cars can be made into bombs, but we don't ban cars. Airplanes can be flown into buildings, but we don't ban airplanes.

Timsierramist

Even though I disagree in general with Disney's ban, I do think this is a pretty fair point. However, heaven forbid the giant army of Star Wars geeks and nerds succeeds in creating a real lightsaber then...

rsoxguy

I like to place orange plastic on the end of my Mossberg 500 and carry it into the parks. Oh, the joy that youngsters express as I allow them to load it with 12 gauge ammo while running around yelling "take that Mickey".

EOD K9

I like to place orange plastic on the end of my Mossberg 500 and carry it into the parks. Oh, the joy that youngsters express as I allow them to load it with 12 gauge ammo while running around yelling "take that Mickey".
Which is why, with the exception of children with orange clad muzzle loading flintlocks, I treat every weapon that has an orange tip as if it could be real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom