are the ride pictures on photo pass ?

hrmom26

Original Poster
can you get the pictures they take of you on the rides on-line with photo pass or do you still buy them at the ride it self?
thanks
p.s. is photopass as good as it seems, it seems like it will be cool

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
No ride photos and no Character/Special Even Dining (Hoop De Doo, etc).

I wish they would. I hate getting that person bringing that pack of photos right when I sit down from getting my food. Especially at Chef Mickeys...

imamouse

Although this isn't what you asked, it is related. The Disney Visa cardholder photo available at Epcot is put on your PhotoPass card. The 5 x 7 photo is free when you pick it up at the photo center near SSE, but the pictures are also on your PhotoPass in case you want to order (and pay for) additional prints.

Rob562

hrmom26 said:
can you get the pictures they take of you on the rides on-line with photo pass or do you still buy them at the ride it self?
thanks
p.s. is photopass as good as it seems, it seems like it will be cool

I've always thought it'd be a good idea... A couple little kiosks with video touchscreens. You walk up, punch in the number from the monitors, it brings up the photo, and you can swipe your PhotoPass card to add it to your photos. Then you can buy the pics whenever you find convenient.

But I assume part of the problem is that the walk-around PhotoPass photographers and the attraction-based photos are two different business units within the company, working with different budgets. So there's probably a lot more behind-the-scenes finance and other stuff to work out first.

-Rob

Lyn410

imamouse said:
Although this isn't what you asked, it is related. The Disney Visa cardholder photo available at Epcot is put on your PhotoPass card. The 5 x 7 photo is free when you pick it up at the photo center near SSE, but the pictures are also on your PhotoPass in case you want to order (and pay for) additional prints.

What is the Disny Visa cardholder photo and where do I go to get it when I'm there in June???

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Lyn410 said:
What is the Disny Visa cardholder photo and where do I go to get it when I'm there in June???
Check the Visa Cardmember website and it will tell you. I believe that the location changes from time to time.

Heatherbell

hakunamatata said:
No ride photos and no Character/Special Even Dining (Hoop De Doo, etc).

I wish they would. I hate getting that person bringing that pack of photos right when I sit down from getting my food. Especially at Chef Mickeys...

Totally agree with you on that one, I hate it when they come up to me while I am eating at Chef Mickeys. I really wish they would put ride photos on the photopass, that would be so convenient.

tirian

Last I heard, Disney is waiting on this convenience because scanning everyone's cards after leaving an attraction is a feasibility nightmare. Also, Kodak--not Disney--operates the attraction photography services; and although the free-standing Kodak photographers in the parks utilize Photopass, the entire attraction photo kiosks would have to be changed. (I've been told that Disney's replacing Kodak photography in ToonTown was initially a technological challenge. I know that our IT department was called to ToonTown a lot!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom