are honeymoon buttons a thing of the past?

agorna

Original Poster
Hey guys! I was hoping someone could help answer a question that has been bugging me. I've been to Disney World 8 years in a row now and I have just booked my honeymoon there for Oct. 2013. The past few times I've gone for a special occasion, the CM at the check in desk of the resort would give us a celebration button. Do they still give away the honeymoon ones or is that specifically reserved for couples married on property? I was very much looking forward to be able to finally wear that button :-/

Disneydreamer23

No i honey mooned there October 2011... Tell them when you make your reservation so they can do up your room and make sure you always wear your buttons i got some special treatment bc of them like free pop cookies fast passes etc

agorna

Original Poster
thanks so much! I made checked the honeymoon box when it asked "what are you celebrating" when I was making the reservations.. is that enough? it's still noted when I go online to view my reservation

Sweet Melissa

Just so you know exactly what to expect, the buttons you'll get at check-in might be different than the ones you remember. There aren't buttons that say anything about honeymooning. There were "Just Married" buttons for many years. They've been discontinued but there are still some floating around property at certain hotels and restaurants. The new buttons given to honeymooners say "Happily Ever After." I'm in the minority, but I think the new buttons look better than the Just Married buttons did.

CaptainShortty

They no longer do the "Just Married" ones although there are still a few bags of them floating around property. They do though have the "Happily Ever After" ones that they give out for honeymoon couples now.

BigRedDad

Definitely get the Bride/Groom buttons. Even if you don't get freebies, you get a lot of fun discussions with CMs and other guests. As for the hats, it got old for me after about an hour. I don't like to wear hats and that may be the reason.

Sweet Melissa

Definitely get the Bride/Groom buttons. Even if you don't get freebies, you get a lot of fun discussions with CMs and other guests. As for the hats, it got old for me after about an hour. I don't like to wear hats and that may be the reason.

I actually feel I look good in hats, but every time I wear a pair of ears I fee like a giant dork. I see them on other women and they look so cute, so I don't know where that complex comes from.

It doesn't stop me wearing them, though. I think I have a pair for every Disney vacation we've been on.

Big Ben

We were there three weeks ago and got honeymoon buttons. I told them when I booked the trip, when we arrived the CM handed me the buttons. It was nice because I had forgotten I mentioned it.

Hey guys! I was hoping someone could help answer a question that has been bugging me. I've been to Disney World 8 years in a row now and I have just booked my honeymoon there for Oct. 2013. The past few times I've gone for a special occasion, the CM at the check in desk of the resort would give us a celebration button. Do they still give away the honeymoon ones or is that specifically reserved for couples married on property? I was very much looking forward to be able to finally wear that button :-/

My sister just went last September and picked my up the Happily Ever After pins for my Disney honeymoon this October! She got them at the hotel during check in at the desk. We are getting married Oct. 26th and leaving for our Disneymoon the next morning. :)

agorna

Original Poster
My sister just went last September and picked my up the Happily Ever After pins for my Disney honeymoon this October! She got them at the hotel during check in at the desk. We are getting married Oct. 26th and leaving for our Disneymoon the next morning. :)
congratulations! we are checking oct. 12, the day right after our wedding as well :)

patch553

we got married at disneys wedding pavillion 3 years ago and got just married and happily ever after pins, never seen honeymooning pins.we come back each year and are given happy anniversary pins, every cm we pass always offers a congratulations and when dining this year we were treated to champaigne so definately wear them!

ddbowdoin

how about a room upgrade... my DW and I booked an 12 day super disneymoon and in order to save a few quacks we stayed 2 nights at the Poly and the remainder of the trip at the Beach.

Again, to save some bucks I booked the cheapest room at the Poly... upon checking in a bellhop grabbed our bags and loaded them into a cart. He looked at his sheet and said "oh, that Tahiti building... nice views!". My first reaction (internally of course) was... "this a**hole is busting my chops, I know it's a cheap room, don't rub it in". Then we pulled up, he brought our bags... opened the door and there was a view of Space and the Castle.

Yes, a room upgrade... because our Kingdom Konsultant marked EVERYTHING as a honeymoon.

Sweet Melissa

I think a room upgrade is out of the question for us since we're staying on DVC points, but it's nice that it happens on occasion!

Our "Just Engaged" buttons were definitely a conversation starter. We didn't get any freebies or upgrades, but we chatted a lot with CMs and a little with other guests as a result. I think that's the nice thing about celebration buttons. They lift your spirits and make you a little more outgoing.

PekabooSmiles

We are getting married on October 26th and leaving the next morning too! Counting down the days! We hope to get our pins when we arrive at our resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom