Arctic Themed Coaster Announced for 2020

Frankenstein79

I'm not impressed with the new coaster, it seems too generic. It looks way too much like something you'd see at a Six Flags park with a sticker on it.

It doesn't even have the sticker. They could have integrated some form of theming into it. Like an ice cave with polar bears. Something!

DCBaker

Premium Member
The height requirement changed overnight - from 48" to 54".

matt9112

That height change overnight is a big bummer. That really kills the appeal of something smaller like this. The park really needed lower height requirements like this and now thats down the drain.

TheDuke

I thought this was fun, could have been a little longer though which is what keeps it out of my top ten coasters or whatever. But it's still good for them to have a more medium thrill rollercoaster as opposed to the other three big ones. Liked the launch sequence and going up an down on the halfpipe type thing at the beginning.

LittleMerman

I'm not impressed with the new coaster, it seems too generic. It looks way too much like something you'd see at a Six Flags park with a sticker on it.

It doesn't even have the sticker. They could have integrated some form of theming into it. Like an ice cave with polar bears. Something!
Agreed - it would be nice to have more theming. The cancelled SeaWorld Dubai park had a polar-themed roller coaster that looked interesting in the concept art. From what I remember, it had at least a polar bear statue.

I haven't been on Ice Breaker yet so I can't speak to the actual ride, but I can say that SeaWorld's coasters are great but overall could use more theming. That's something that sets Universal and Disney apart - show scenes and animatronics. I'd love to see more of this in SeaWorld.

It's probably because they are trying so hard to focus more on rides vs. animals to change the public's perception and compete with the other parks that they are quick to add Ice Breaker without taking their time and making it truly amazing theme-wise. I know they didn't have a lot of land to work with for this attraction but hopefully it doesn't become SeaWorld's standard. I've heard rumors that a wing coaster is next and maybe that'll get more attention/creativity.

joanna71985

Agreed - it would be nice to have more theming. The cancelled SeaWorld Dubai park had a polar-themed roller coaster that looked interesting in the concept art. From what I remember, it had at least a polar bear statue.

I haven't been on Ice Breaker yet so I can't speak to the actual ride, but I can say that SeaWorld's coasters are great but overall could use more theming. That's something that sets Universal and Disney apart - show scenes and animatronics. I'd love to see more of this in SeaWorld.

It's probably because they are trying so hard to focus more on rides vs. animals to change the public's perception and compete with the other parks that they are quick to add Ice Breaker without taking their time and making it truly amazing theme-wise. I know they didn't have a lot of land to work with for this attraction but hopefully it doesn't become SeaWorld's standard. I've heard rumors that a wing coaster is next and maybe that'll get more attention/creativity.
SW hasn't canceled the park in Dubai

LittleMerman

SW hasn't canceled the park in Dubai
I was referring to the Worlds of Discovery resort that was announced for Dubai that would have included SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove, and Aquatica theme parks. Unfortunately, it was canceled. Since then, SeaWorld has announced and is building an indoor aquarium in Abu Dhabi which is set to open next year.

SplashJacket

Ice Breaker just received restraint modifications, making the ride substantially better and a lower height requirement!

Huge win!

For reference, the two over-the-shoulder restraints pictured below have been removed and replaced with an over-the-lap seatbelt.

1678689766040.png

This change makes it much easier to get into the vehicle for everyone (which should increase operational efficiency), makes it more accessible for larger and smaller riders, and makes the ride experience better by being more comfortable and allowing you to feel the airtime and forces a lot more.

Awesome change. Hopefully, Tigris receives the same change.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom