AP's used by someone else???

CrazyForDisney

Original Poster
I found out today that this JERK I work with is leaving tomorrow for WDW. Normally I would be excited for anyone going but he really is a jerk. He thinks he knows everything about everything. He then proceeds to tell me that he won’t have to buy tickets because him and his wife are going to use his in-laws AP’s.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me there is some sort of security implemented within the WDW system that will prevent them from being able to use the in-laws AP’s.

Normally I’m not this mean (I’m really not :goodnevil) BUT he is such a jerk I’m hoping I can have the satisfaction of knowing when he gets down there that the joke will be on him!!!

Rowdy

Everything's legal until you get caught. It won't work, but a lot of the time the CM will make it work and let you in. Although, if they ever happen to get asked to compare ID's to ticket stubs, they could get in big trouble.

Disney Dawg88

This is exactly what is written in my 2011 Passholder Program: "The owners of Walt Disney World Resort reserve the right to revoke the Pass if it is presented for admission by anyone other than the Passholder of record or if the Passholder violates the policies of the Walt Disney World Resort."

My pass has demagnetized and every time I enter the park I have to have it scanned by a CM, but even still I have to scan my finger before the little green light goes off. So I would say if they try to use their relatives passes there's no way they're getting in.

Captain Chaos

I had my AP not work before... I put my finger on the scan reader and put the pass through the feeder and it didn't work.. The CM just let me walk in, no ID check... So, how will they know if the finger scan doesn't match??? Does the CM get some sort of notification that the finger scan didn't match?

My problem was a demagnitized pass.. And when I went to Guest Services to replace it, only then was I asked for ID... the CM at the front of the park didn't ask me for any ID, just let me in..

Rowdy

I had my AP not work before... I put my finger on the scan reader and put the pass through the feeder and it didn't work.. The CM just let me walk in, no ID check... So, how will they know if the finger scan doesn't match??? Does the CM get some sort of notification that the finger scan didn't match?

My problem was a demagnitized pass.. And when I went to Guest Services to replace it, only then was I asked for ID... the CM at the front of the park didn't ask me for any ID, just let me in..

That's normally what happens. But IF they get asked then they'll be in trouble. It's not something that happens very often.

Disney Dawg88

As I stated in my post, my AP is currently demagnetized. It won't work when I try to pass it through the reader as well, but the CM has to scan the barcode on the back of the pass. That being said, I still have to put my finger on the finger/biometrix scanner as it works with the barcode scanner which is when the green light goes off and I can enter whichever park. They've never let me in by just scanning the bar code. I've had an AP for the past two years and have been close to 70-100 times over that time period, and they've never just let me in.

Captain Chaos

As I stated in my post, my AP is currently demagnetized. It won't work when I try to pass it through the reader and the CM always has to scan the barcode on the back. I still have to put my finger on the finger/biometrix scanner as it works with the barcode scanner which is when the green light goes off and I can enter whichever park. They've never let me in by just scanning the bar code.

Yea that didn't happen to me.. They didn't scan it with any kind of scanner... They just let me in... :shrug:

Rowdy

Yea that didn't happen to me.. They didn't scan it with any kind of scanner... They just let me in... :shrug:

In my experience, they will also reprogram your finger print sometimes.

For instances, one time my brother and father (a SR and a JR) got their tickets mixed up. Entry didn't work, didn't work, and didn't work, until they reprogrammed the finger print. Then we went out, came back to a park. They both had the correct tickets this time, and they didn't work because they were programmed to each other.

ThatMouse

They can reprogram it at the gate for their fingers, so when the inlaws go with their own tickets their fingers may not work, but of course they also have correct id's.

Pioneer Hall

If a ticket is used and the biometric scan doesn't match, then it alerts the CM at the gate of the problem (will say something like Bad Biometric ID). In those cases they are supposed to try again to make sure that it wasn't a bad read. After another attempt or two, then they are supposed to check your ID to make sure that the ticket is yours. From my experiences though, this turns out to be an exception more than a rule (especially in the mornings when it is busy). However, if you do get a ticket CM doing their job correctly they might ask.

Captain Chaos

Dawg and Rowdy, thanks for your explanations!!! I found it weird they didn't want to see ID to make sure I wasn't using someone's pass... Lucky for me, I wasn't lying...

Captain Chaos

If a ticket is used and the biometric scan doesn't match, then it alerts the CM at the gate of the problem (will say something like Bad Biometric ID). In those cases they are supposed to try again to make sure that it wasn't a bad read. After another attempt or two, then they are supposed to check your ID to make sure that the ticket is yours. From my experiences though, this turns out to be an exception more than a rule (especially in the mornings when it is busy). However, if you do get a ticket CM doing their job correctly they might ask.

That is exactly what happened to me... Mine was a bad read since the pass demagnitized... The Cm put the pass through twice, both times I had to place my finger on the scan, and the same thing happened, bad reads... No ID check, they just let me in.. Wasn't busy at the front gate at all... But, like I mentioned, at Guest Services when I went to report the problem, I was asked for my ID and presented with a new pass...

LivinwtheLand

I have had an AP for years. My experience is that without a proper finger scan or without an ID with the same name that is on the AP, a person will be redirected to customer service or ticketing.

TheDisneyMagic

This has just happened in the last fortnight with a friend of mine, a so called "friend" of his visited Walt Disney World and went straight to guest relations saying he lost his annual pass, gave them my friends name and birth date and they issued him another pass.

Here is the kicker, the cast member asked them a couple of questions such as address which he answered incorrectly and they still gave them the ticket, no form of ID was required.

the-reason14

I remember back in the day I think when they had the two finger scan thingy, they would ask for IDs. I can't recall being asked for an ID when it's been a one finger scan. I remember showing my student ID to get in, but now especially on a busy day, they just let people go right in without the finger scan. It seems all the perpetrator would have to do is wait until he sees this and go in, if he knows what he's doing.

whitethunder

It's a crap shoot. The thing that really stinks here though is if he gets caught his in-laws lose their passes.

The only real way to get around this is if your under 18 your not required to have an ID. I have an exchange student from Russia who we bought an AP for and her fingerprint never works twice and she doesn't have an ID and we don't have the same last name. It has caused problems in the past, until you mention she is under 18, the CM gives up and resets the print.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom