AP's used by someone else???

cinderellafan6

We have actually tested out this theory.. A couple of years ago it would of worked really easy. my whole family has annual passes but we just wanted to see if we could get away with using eachothers. I used my dads and he used mine. It worked like a charm. But now forget it!!! My mom and me actually switched by accident getting into EPCOT a couple of months ago. We had the same character and are names are pretty much the same. We have the exact same fingers as well. My mom kept trying hers and it wouldnt go through so the guy just let her in. Then the same thing happened to me and I could not get in. Then after me trying the cast member was like ok lets check your tickets. We read them and realized we had switched them. So he let us in after we showed our ID's and the line was long so everyone behind us was pretty mad.

So I bid that guy good luck and trust me he is not going to get away with it. He will be caught eventually.
I am right there with you, im not a mean person but there are some people whom I can't stand especially when then they say they know more about Disney then me and they havent been to a park in years!! LOL

Pioneer Hall

This has just happened in the last fortnight with a friend of mine, a so called "friend" of his visited Walt Disney World and went straight to guest relations saying he lost his annual pass, gave them my friends name and birth date and they issued him another pass.

Here is the kicker, the cast member asked them a couple of questions such as address which he answered incorrectly and they still gave them the ticket, no form of ID was required.

Two things here...

When I lost my AP the first thing they did was ask for ID and they didn't ask me any questions. While it's possible, it seems very odd that they wouldn't check one. Also, once a new ticket is issued, it would automatically cancel the lost one. So if I am reading this right, you are claiming that your friend and that persons friend used a ticket issued to the same person. That simply wouldn't work because the computer will cancel one when issuing another (otherwise I could just say I lost my AP every time I go to the park and get my friends in for free).

whitethunder

We have actually tested out this theory.. A couple of years ago it would of worked really easy. my whole family has annual passes but we just wanted to see if we could get away with using eachothers. I used my dads and he used mine. It worked like a charm. But now forget it!!! My mom and me actually switched by accident getting into EPCOT a couple of months ago. We had the same character and are names are pretty much the same. We have the exact same fingers as well. My mom kept trying hers and it wouldnt go through so the guy just let her in. Then the same thing happened to me and I could not get in. Then after me trying the cast member was like ok lets check your tickets. We read them and realized we had switched them. So he let us in after we showed our ID's and the line was long so everyone behind us was pretty mad.

So I bid that guy good luck and trust me he is not going to get away with it. He will be caught eventually.
I am right there with you, im not a mean person but there are some people whom I can't stand especially when then they say they know more about Disney then me and they havent been to a park in years!! LOL

Me and my wife have switched passes intentionally just to see what would happen. We've never ever had a problem getting in. As long as we made sure and put our finger completely forward in the scanning area and pressed hard. While I don't condone using some other persons pass to get in, I'm afraid it isn't that hard to "fool" the machines.

MissM

Encourage them to park hop. A lot. The more time through the turnstyles, the more chance a CM will ask them for ID and bust them. :lol:

Rowdy

Me and my wife have switched passes intentionally just to see what would happen. We've never ever had a problem getting in. As long as we made sure and put our finger completely forward in the scanning area and pressed hard. While I don't condone using some other persons pass to get in, I'm afraid it isn't that hard to "fool" the machines.

Exactly.

But, I was hoping this wouldn't come up. As with any flaw in any system, it will get abused, and come back on all AP holders/park goers somehow.

timeman

I remember reading on here somewhere and if I am wrong someone will correct me, but if you buy tickets and probably even Annual Passes at the same time for everybody in your family than the tickets are tied to everybody. What this means is that if you bought both yours and your wife's Annual pass at the same time using the same card than both passes are connected to both yours and your wife's finger.

Pioneer Hall

I remember reading on here somewhere and if I am wrong someone will correct me, but if you buy tickets and probably even Annual Passes at the same time for everybody in your family than the tickets are tied to everybody. What this means is that if you bought both yours and your wife's Annual pass at the same time using the same card than both passes are connected to both yours and your wife's finger.

I've never heard that before.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

That is certainly how it works with MYW tickets. If you buy several tickets as a family at the same time using the same credit card to purchase them, all of the group can get in using each others' tickets. Basically they accept that keeping track of which ticket is whose is often a problem.

Phonedave

What does pressing hard have to do with it. It is not a force sensor. I love when people get in front of you and they push so hard their fingertips turn white.

Yes, I guess if you pushed hard enough, you could distort the shape of your finger enough to change to the physical dimensions, thereby changing the hash value, but I still fail to see how that would "fool" the scanner.

-dave

TheDisneyMagic

Two things here...

When I lost my AP the first thing they did was ask for ID and they didn't ask me any questions. While it's possible, it seems very odd that they wouldn't check one. Also, once a new ticket is issued, it would automatically cancel the lost one. So if I am reading this right, you are claiming that your friend and that persons friend used a ticket issued to the same person. That simply wouldn't work because the computer will cancel one when issuing another (otherwise I could just say I lost my AP every time I go to the park and get my friends in for free).

That is correct, his was disabled he found out after they had left the park when they had the cheek to phone him. He was straight on the phone to Disney but eventually had to visit guest relations to get his own re-issued and the other one cancelled.

PolynesianPrincess

When I got my first AP back in 1996, they had your picture on the front of them. It was more like a credit card or KTTW card. (Right now, mine is just like a regular MYW ticket) I always thought they should implement that again along with a AP holder only gate. And keep a CM right there to check the photo on the pass with the person who is actually using it.

I hope your co-worker gets busted. It's not fair that people have saved up their hard earned money to take a trip while he just waltzes in using his in-laws APs. Not fair at all.

TheDisneyMagic

When I got my first AP back in 1996, they had your picture on the front of them. It was more like a credit card or KTTW card. (Right now, mine is just like a regular MYW ticket) I always thought they should implement that again along with a AP holder only gate. And keep a CM right there to check the photo on the pass with the person who is actually using it.

I hope your co-worker gets busted. It's not fair that people have saved up their hard earned money to take a trip while he just waltzes in using his in-laws APs. Not fair at all.

Completely agree, this is still how it works in Paris, and your photo comes up inside a booth next to the turnstiles with a cast member checking.

whitethunder

What does pressing hard have to do with it. It is not a force sensor. I love when people get in front of you and they push so hard their fingertips turn white.

Yes, I guess if you pushed hard enough, you could distort the shape of your finger enough to change to the physical dimensions, thereby changing the hash value, but I still fail to see how that would "fool" the scanner.

-dave

Just merely sharing an observation. How or why this has anything to do with getting the green light I'm not sure. It works every single time for us though. Maybe our fingers are similar enough that we end up with the same value?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom