April '08 Question

gattr

I am planning our first vacation for April 2-8, 2008. I had this date in mind because it is a week and a half after easter. I was hoping that the crowds would be significantly smaller. Anyone ever been to DW a week or two after easter? Can I expect a relaxing time, or are the parks gonna be JAM PACKED? Thanks so much for your help in advance...Im trying to make this trip perfect, and there might even be a proposal in the works!!

rob45

It all depends on Spring break holidays. I have been at WDW during Easter and yes it was crowded, and been during spring break holidays (which was after Easter) and found it crowded. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Presumably, WDW sets its hours according to how busy it will be. If this is the case, then Disney must be expecting high attendance because if you look at the April calendar, the parks are open late...as in MK closing at 11 and MGM closing at 10. I'm going the week of the 13th-21st and I thought I was going to escape the Easter crowds, but someone else reminded me that there are alot of spring breaks taking place in the New England states so the parks may be busier than I thought.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Based on the hours, they are probably expecting a pretty seriious crowd. It will be well past spring break for southern Colleges, (which are often first or second week of March and graduate the first week in May), but for those who don't get out of school until early-mid June, there will be plenty of spring break folks still there for an April spring break.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I was there the same time last year and will be again this year. I really didn't find it overwhelming or anything. Actually, we were preparing for the worst and the crowds were much more manageable than we had ever thought. It wasn't "dead" but it wasn't super crowded either. And by checking the touringplans crowd calendar, the forecast during the week is much less than it was last year.

See you there :wave:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome aboard :wave:

I think you'll find that as Easter is in March next year you'll only encounter Spring Breakers - that still means pretty busy though

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

In April there are lot of HS Seniors around due to Grad Nites as well.

We weren't bothered by them last year, but they are my age, so we shouldn't have been. Most groups we encountered were really enjoyable. Talkative, fun, soaking up the magic. No where near as bad as the packs that swarm in the summer.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Passover and Easter and separate weeks this year so Spring Breaks are varied all over the place. So the crowds probably won't be easter levels but they will most likely be fairly high.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom