Appreciation?

srkingdom2

Original Poster
I was just thinking to myself today, sometimes i dont appreciate how lucky i truly am... Let me explain... I live only 2 hours and 45 minutes away from Disney world and we go many times a year since i was 2 and now im 17 about 10 to 12 times a year... I have read posts of members that love Disney World so much yet can go once or twice a year... Many times i tell my parents that i am bored of Disney and dont want to go... When new family members come there dying to go and i sometimes see it as a chore to be a tour guide again... But then there are people who love this place so much that it makes me feel bad and i start thinking i dont really appreciate this magical place and i take it for granted but i can assure you that i wont be taking it for grated anymore i have found a new respect for the Disney parks... I dont know if im crazy but has anyone else ever felt this way?:veryconfu And another question does this thread even belong here i am new...:veryconfu

barnum42

srkingdom2 said:
And another question does this thread even belong here i am new...:veryconfu

Seems to fit the topic :D

Anything in particular cause this change of heart with taking it for granted?

srkingdom2

Original Poster
Some of the replies from the members on this website has really made me think twice of how lucky i am... Like some people who live in the U.K can you imagine being god knows how many hours in a plane just to be there for a week or two?

Nemo14

srkingdom2 said:
I was just thinking to myself today, sometimes i dont appreciate how lucky i truly am... Let me explain... I live only 2 hours and 45 minutes away from Disney world and we go many times a year since i was 2 and now im 17 about 10 to 12 times a year... I have read posts of members that love Disney World so much yet can go once or twice a year... Many times i tell my parents that i am bored of Disney and dont want to go... When new family members come there dying to go and i sometimes see it as a chore to be a tour guide again... But then there are people who love this place so much that it makes me feel bad and i start thinking i dont really appreciate this magical place and i take it for granted but i can assure you that i wont be taking it for grated anymore i have found a new respect for the Disney parks... I dont know if im crazy but has anyone else ever felt this way?:veryconfu And another question does this thread even belong here i am new...:veryconfu
Once you have kids of your own, you'll have a whole new perspective about it again!

Salanne41

Just over 10 hours!! have done it a couple of time now!! a long journey but its worth it!! Orlando one of the most popular holiday destinations in the UK now. Wish I could afford it more often!!

Ducky_Love

I grew up only 3 hours away and went 12+ times a year from the time I could walk until I graduated from college. And after I got my degree.. I moved to Orlando!

Some people get sick of Disney when they go so much. For me the magic lives on.. and I enjoy each and every trip through the gates. I love taking people and playing tour guide (and now I get PAID to take my clients! :eek: )

My advice, look for things that other people don't have time to notice. You get to enjoy WDW the way few people do.. like a second home. Take advantage of not feeling rushed and enjoy the little things.

And remember, you aren't just lucky when it comes to Disney. It sounds like you have a very nice family that loves you enough to take you special places. Have a Merry Christmas with them! :xmas:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ducky_Love said:
My advice, look for things that other people don't have time to notice. You get to enjoy WDW the way few people do.. like a second home. Take advantage of not feeling rushed and enjoy the little things.
IMHO this is the best thing about living close and going often. There is simply so much to do at WDW and many of us speed right past it on our way to the next E-ticket. We have done trips with the kids where all we did were character meet and greets. My wife and I have gone to the parks and not gotten on a single ride we just walked the parks hit the shops and soaked in the atmosphere.

srkingdom2

Original Poster
Sometimes I would go to the parks look at the rides and the Lines and then turn around and say "THERE IS NO WAY I AM SPENDING 2 HOURS TO RIDE SOMETHING I RODE 2 WEEKS AGO!" And i regret that because when i went with my girlfriends family (Thanksgiving Weekend) they didnt get to ride alot of things and they were sortve angry with me because i had been so many times and it was so crowded i wanted to go to my hotel room... And they didnt get to ride on almost anything... I regret doing that luckily their opinions about Disney have not been tarnished because of my acts....
Whew! Thats alot of typing!

DDuckFan130

Well first of all...what part of Miami are you from? :lol:

Second, we go at least twice a year...and spread out the trips by 6 months or so. Anyhoo, we also go straight to the rides, ride them, and are done relatively early. Lately though, we find ourselves not wanting to waste our time with certain attractions if we know we can see them again the next time. In May we went to MGM, and did not even step into Sunset Blvd. until after 6 pm. We got there at noon, went to see LMAX for the first time, did Millionaire three times in a row :lol: and then finally ventured over to ToT. We don't rush and if we have limited time, we'll skip certain attractions. However, there are attractions we have to see every single time. I can probably name them on one hand...ToT, Splash, Fantasmic, Soarin, and BTMRR. Other rides/attractions, if we have time and feel like it, we'll go on it. Or we'll just sit somewhere and have a long lunch or people watch :lol:

Ok, that's enough :lookaroun

barnum42

srkingdom2 said:
Like some people who live in the U.K can you imagine being god knows how many hours in a plane just to be there for a week or two?
I can do better than imagine it - I've done it thirteen times! Some flights lasted longer than ten hours - when refuelling used to be done in Gander or Bangor that added a couple of hours to the trip.

srkingdom2

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
I can do better than imagine it - I've done it thirteen times! Some flights lasted longer than ten hours - when refuelling used to be done in Gander or Bangor that added a couple of hours to the trip.

I dont have the Kojones to do that!!!
Hats off to you because i do not have the testicular fortitude to be on an airplane for 10+ hours~!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Connor002

Hm... well I have 35060 hours between trips...
Maybe you should think about people like me next time you tell your parents you don't want to go.

Connor002

DDuckFan130 said:
Bad day Connor? :lol:

How did you tell?
Was it the grammar or the fact that I just calculated how much time comes between my trips? :lookaroun

I even adjusted it to include leap year...

DDuckFan130

Connor002 said:
How did you tell?
Was it the grammar or the fact that I just calculated how much time come between my trips? :lookaroun

I even adjusted it to include leap year...
I didn't even notice the grammar...must've been the number :lol:

srkingdom2

Original Poster
I started feeling a burning sensation all over is it me or am i being voodoo dolled? Connor? And im sorry i didnt appreciate it as much as i should have...

(Looks Nervously)
He calculated the Leap Year... He is really ed... Must find hole to hide in...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom