Applied for a PI =)

Michi4515

Original Poster
Hey guys!

I just applied for three PIs!! I applied to the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings, Event Assistant MK Internship, and Event Services Special Events Internship. Does anyone know how the application process works? I am a CP Alumni and I'm almost positive that the process for a PI is much longer and probably more intense. Or has anyone done any of these PIs?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

DisneyFanatic19

Congrats on applying. This is my second time applying for PI's. you have to be very patient. The wait is a killer. Now you'll be waiting for a first interview, where they ask you basic questions then your interview will be past on again to the individual departments, you applied for. After this you will wait to be contacted for a second interview. We most likely won't hear anything for our second interviews till the end of October - Early Nov.

SeaBreeze

I did a PI but I feel like since it was in engineering, I'm never any help! I went through a different process than most people since the engineers actually came to interview us during my school's career fair. :shrug:

Good luck though and keep us posted!!

Michi4515

Original Poster
I did a PI but I feel like since it was in engineering, I'm never any help! I went through a different process than most people since the engineers actually came to interview us during my school's career fair. :shrug:

Good luck though and keep us posted!!

Thanks! Will do!

Figment82

The PI program is one of the single greatest things that has ever happen to me. Such a wonderful experience, that I can not recommend it highly enough. I wish you all the best of luck in applying!

khelinski

The PI program is one of the single greatest things that has ever happen to me. Such a wonderful experience, that I can not recommend it highly enough. I wish you all the best of luck in applying!

Could you please share your story, for curious ones that is interested in the internship program (like me)?

SeaBreeze

I completely agree! I can't believe I got paid to do the things I did! It was so much fun, incredibly rewarding and I definitely gained a lot of knowledge/experience I'd never get anywhere else. :sohappy:

SSE

I plan on applying for a fall PI when those become posted. I should be graduating in May and want to work in the Finance/Accounting department. I am an alumni of the CP and am completely nervous about applying for the PI since I have heard so many things about it being much harder to get into.

SirGoofy

I'm going to take a crack at getting a PI for Fall '09 in Engineering. Hopefully being a CP, and still employed as a seasonal cast member will help.

SeaBreeze, just curious, what department did you work for?

Mikelo

Hey guys!

I just applied for three PIs!! I applied to the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings, Event Assistant MK Internship, and Event Services Special Events Internship. Does anyone know how the application process works? I am a CP Alumni and I'm almost positive that the process for a PI is much longer and probably more intense. Or has anyone done any of these PIs?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Good luck with your application! I'm hoping to apply for event related PI's for next fall as well. I was just wondering what kind of experience you have other than the CP? I did an internship at Fairmont in Catering/Banquets/Convention Services, so I'm hoping that will help.

LongballMG

break a leg guys...

you know what, go ahead and break both legs and while you are at it puncture a kidney and cough up a lung.

You'll be glad you did, the wait during the PI process and the subsequent rejection was the hardest thing I've ever been through.

Seriously though, go get 'em

:)

Michi4515

Original Poster
Good luck with your application! I'm hoping to apply for event related PI's for next fall as well. I was just wondering what kind of experience you have other than the CP? I did an internship at Fairmont in Catering/Banquets/Convention Services, so I'm hoping that will help.

hey!
I don't have any experience besides the CP program. That will probably effect me but it's worth a shot right? besides the worse thign that could happen is they reject me and then i would have to go out and get experience then try again.

ldsprincess

i asked this in another thread, but i don't think there have been any replies. what's the difference between the CP and the PI? i didn't even know the latter was an option. do most people go through the college program before the professional internship? how does it all work and what's the timing like as far as when most people do professional internships? knowing that this is an option may change some things. lol. thanks so much for any helpful info!

jiminy.cricket

PIs run for 6 months, and CPs run for 4-7 months (although you can extend). A lot of people do a CP before applying for a PI, although it's not an official prerequisite. During the CP you work front-line, and PIs are more behind-the-scenes and may be more related to your field of study in college.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom