Apple Pay at WDW, oh how convenient!!!

BJones82

I think you may have missed my point, apologies if not.

Chip and Sign is the less secure method against Chip and PIN. I thought it seems strange that they would choose the more expensive and less secure method when having to upgrade regardless.

Nope completely understood your statement, I am sure it is cheaper for retailers when it comes to fraud and sense most large retailers rent their pads in the U.S. the up front cost is not a huge issue. It may be more expensive for banks but retailers don't care, and they probably have a presence in Washington which means their voice is louder and more important than reason... We see this all the time here......

righttrack

Is it really that hard to pull out a wallet?

You know, that's a great question. For me, if I already have my phone in my hand, it's one less thing to worry about. It's more about not giving out my credit card when I want to use it. There is no reason the vendor needs to have it in their files because I don't know how it can be compromised in the future. 5 years from now, when they are hacked, it could still be there and I would be vulnerable.

Jon81uk

You know, that's a great question. For me, if I already have my phone in my hand, it's one less thing to worry about. It's more about not giving out my credit card when I want to use it. There is no reason the vendor needs to have it in their files because I don't know how it can be compromised in the future. 5 years from now, when they are hacked, it could still be there and I would be vulnerable.

Thats one of the reasons credit cards need replacing every three years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom