Apple iOS talk

Voxel

President of Progress City

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That's an impressive number. Interesting to see what steps apple will take to meet that demand.

Another interesting Apple Story today. Finland is blaming Apple for their economic downgrade stating the iPad for destroying their paper business along with iPhone hurting Nokia
Yeah I was just reading that. Quite amazing, and sounds feasible.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Has anyone heard anything on when WDW will update their environment to start accepting ApplePay?

I know the software is coming from Apple today but not every merchant is going to be ready to accept it immediately. The Apple website currently says 'later this fall' for WDW or physical Disney stores.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone heard anything on when WDW will update their environment to start accepting ApplePay?

I know the software is coming from Apple today but not every merchant is going to be ready to accept it immediately. The Apple website currently says 'later this fall' for WDW or physical Disney stores.
I've heard nothing specific yet.

lazyboy97o

If memory serves me right, Apple said it would be available by Christmas during the announcement. I would imagine they would want to be ready soon since Christmas starts very soon for retail.

I do really wish I was not on the S update cycle. NFC payment is the feature I've wanted in the iPhone since it started popping up.

donsullivan

Premium Member
And my first attempt to use ApplePay, ironically at an Apple Store tonight was a fail. I needed to purchase AppleCare for my MacBook Pro and Florida has ancient consumer laws that do not allow that to be sold on line. So I get to the store and figure it could be my first chance to use ApplePay, but no- it's not working at that Apple Store. so I was forced to go 'old school' and use plastic. Oh well, maybe later in the week at Walgreens.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
And my first attempt to use ApplePay, ironically at an Apple Store tonight was a fail. I needed to purchase AppleCare for my MacBook Pro and Florida has ancient consumer laws that do not allow that to be sold on line. So I get to the store and figure it could be my first chance to use ApplePay, but no- it's not working at that Apple Store. so I was forced to go 'old school' and use plastic. Oh well, maybe later in the week at Walgreens.

Used it a wholepaycheck and it worked perfectly. I'll admit, I made a side trip just to try it out.

So just shut-up and take my money.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I don't believe it is a law. From what I was taught in my Apple training, AppleCare can be purchased 30 days after purchase but must be done at an Apple Store so that they can inspect that the unit is till functional.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom